The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] NYR VAN

NYR

Horvat

VAN

Schneider

Kakko

NYR won’t be able to afford 3 RD costing more then 20M of cap so Schneider will likely needed to be traded at some point.

Kakko is floundering and in need of a change of scenery, would prefer Lafreniere but with Schneider added doubt it happens. Kakko also carries just over 2M of cap allowing the trade to work cap wise

10 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

NYR

Horvat

VAN

Schneider

Kakko

NYR won’t be able to afford 3 RD costing more then 20M of cap so Schneider will likely needed to be traded at some point.

Kakko is floundering and in need of a change of scenery, would prefer Lafreniere but with Schneider added doubt it happens. Kakko also carries just over 2M of cap allowing the trade to work cap wise

Kakko is not a full time centre. So we lose our best face off guy, and one of our better scoring forwards. And would have nothing to replace it with. Both Chytil and Kakko have horrible face off percentages. So you basically fill one hole and leave a gaping hole up front. Unless a draft pick is coming back to Vancouver (Like a late 1st rounder) and the idea is to tank.

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Which is why I qualified it, by saying unless this in an attempt to tank. Here's the major flaw with that. There's no guarantee even finishing last to get 1st overall.

Even with a tank it’s doubtful Vancouver could be worse than Chicago, Columbus or Anaheim.  And they have a head start on sucking. Plus, if Florida continues to struggle Montreal will have the 2nd or 3rd best odds at winning the lottery 

20 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Kakko is not a full time centre. So we lose our best face off guy, and one of our better scoring forwards. And would have nothing to replace it with. Both Chytil and Kakko have horrible face off percentages. So you basically fill one hole and leave a gaping hole up front. Unless a draft pick is coming back to Vancouver (Like a late 1st rounder) and the idea is to tank.

if we add Schneider on D we become a way better team. Hughes-Schneider would be that top pair you win cups with.

Kakko replaces Boeser when he’s traded and Boeser could fetch us a quality centre prospect. I like Kuzmenko but the way he’s playing may price him out of our Cap so he might be the guy to trade this deadline, but who knows. So Maybe Garland, Boeser or Kuzmenko gets you something like Räty or Turcotte.

Dont get me wrong though I’d rather trade Miller over Horvat but the time to do that was last year before we resigned him at 8M.

Personally I see this year as a write off even though we’ve played better recently.

we need to stop this mediocre bubble playoff structure and move some pieces to get some younger higher potential quality Pieces.

44 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

if we add Schneider on D we become a way better team. Hughes-Schneider would be that top pair you win cups with.

Kakko replaces Boeser when he’s traded and Boeser could fetch us a quality centre prospect. I like Kuzmenko but the way he’s playing may price him out of our Cap so he might be the guy to trade this deadline, but who knows. So Maybe Garland, Boeser or Kuzmenko gets you something like Räty or Turcotte.

Dont get me wrong though I’d rather trade Miller over Horvat but the time to do that was last year before we resigned him at 8M.

Personally I see this year as a write off even though we’ve played better recently.

we need to stop this mediocre bubble playoff structure and move some pieces to get some younger higher potential quality Pieces.

Exactly, Miller doesn’t make sense for them as the rags can’t afford him. Miller made sense last year before he extended. The rags have a number of big contracts all with some sort of protection. 

Certainly be interesting for them and their rfa’s over the next couple years with Kandre Miller up this year and Schneider next. 

3 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

NYR

Horvat

VAN

Schneider

Kakko

Would love to see Schneider here but I can’t see the Rags giving him up. For Patty Kane, sure, but I’m not sure if they do it for Horvat.  Would love to be proven wrong though.

28 minutes ago, Ruthervin said:

Would love to see Schneider here but I can’t see the Rags giving him up. For Patty Kane, sure, but I’m not sure if they do it for Horvat.  Would love to be proven wrong though.

Don’t agree at all. Horvat is only 27, scored 30 goals last year and on pace for 60 this year (will more likely be in the high 40 low 50 range).

Someone is going to really need to give up some very good assets to get him. I’m disappointed we didn’t trade Miller so that we have the room for all our guys but management made a different call then I’d have liked.

Horvat is easily worth a young prospect like Schneider and more on top of that. Especially since he has more quality years ahead of him compared to Kane

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Which is why I qualified it, by saying unless this in an attempt to tank. Here's the major flaw with that. There's no guarantee even finishing last to get 1st overall.

The only way to guarantee winning a lottery pick is by trading for Taylor Hall! So maybe get him in the off-season before the lottery and we’re good!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Don’t agree at all. Horvat is only 27, scored 30 goals last year and on pace for 60 this year (will more likely be in the high 40 low 50 range).

Someone is going to really need to give up some very good assets to get him. I’m disappointed we didn’t trade Miller so that we have the room for all our guys but management made a different call then I’d have liked.

Horvat is easily worth a young prospect like Schneider and more on top of that. Especially since he has more quality years ahead of him compared to Kane

Fair enough and you make good points.  My line of thinking however is that the Canucks already tried that with Miller this past Summer (coming off 99 points) and no one was willing to give us that young coveted RD.  Now granted, BoHo is two years young, is a more natural center than Miller, and is probably regarded as having better intangibles, but I think the deal would have already have happened (with Bo) of teams were willing to give us a Braden Schneider or Noah Dobson type guy.

Will happily eat my grandma’s shit if I’m wrong however and you’re more than welcome to call me out on this if Horvat lands us someone like Schneider.