slowly, very slowly, get some wins

eventually get to almost 500

then lose

get back to .500

then a game above .500

then lose

then lose again.

Stuck in the mushy, limited progress, if any,  middle- AGAIN

This team is not able to win when it matters. Can't take any pressure?

Don’t forget the repetitive controversy’s that always helps :picard:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Shayster007 said:

I guess if the media and fan base keep criticizing and beating a dead horse over every misstep JT has , some may have their wish and he asks to get moved out of our fishbowl we call home. Any American city would be a step outside the magnifying glass we look through in Canada

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Sorry if this has been posted I've not gone through all the pages here. Interesting read from Canucks army. 

Mr Miller is now becoming a daily talking point for all the wrong reasons.

The last two games haven't been about the performance of the goalies.

https://canucksarmy.com/news/the-stanchies-talk-jt-millers-performance-canucks-loss-flames 

Edited by aqua59
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, IBatch said:

Sure he's feeling the pressure as well.   He wants to win and help his team - but things aren't going his way like last season.    

Been saying for a couple years now, the league needs to address the way it does business with its players.   Miller was and still is actually this season, decent-great value, the way it's supposed to be on RFA deals.    Cap percentage wise he's helped give the team a chance for four seasons.    Even pouting and stick smashing etc or whatever anyone wants to call it (pissed off, sour mood, dick, swagger, meanie, childish) he's far from the only guy in the league who gets like this.    Next year his new deal starts as does the trepidation over how that will unfold.    LE is pretty fresh.   So get that too.   

As for changing the structure, league needs to get together and work with the NHLPA to create a better product and more balance.   RFAs (Hansen nailed this one) shouldn't be getting deals for doing nothing.    Millers current deal, is a good example of value.    Both RFA and UFA deals need to be reigned back by one year as a start.   The system is broken.   And it's nuts that there isn't some sort of carrot built in for UFAs other than fan/media pressure really.    The Sedins were two of our greatest players ever.   It took them time to gain some traction, and were actually well paid despite this - but weren't given nutty term.   ELC, bridge, one year bridge again, five years then four more at the end.   EACH deal they had to earn and did do that.    

Now it's ELC often one boffo season and then 7-8 years lol.  Yikes.   No wonder so many teams are all messed up cap wise.   And no wonder every single team relies on AHL quality players and ELC guys who aren't developed correctly to come in and take the load off.   And that there isn't enough money left to pay solid blue chip NHLers, who belong in this league, properly.   For us that's Hogs/Podz and Schenn.   Because of OEL/Myers/Brock.    

EP should be scoring 80-90 points to get good value given he's an RFA.  Brock 30/30 was the bar and now it's 33/33.   Break even bar.   Demko was actually a bit of a steal.   50% less than Luongo's final deal and 75% less than his four year Nonis deal.   But only if he's playing like last season.  

There is a reason Vegas and now maybe Seattle, did/doing do well.   A collection of mid tier guys not getting massive pay days.   Vegas moved off their platform, signed AP and traded for Eichel.   Bad idea, ruined something good (thankfully!).  

Sports is one of the only private industry jobs that i know of, where your staff can slack off and just collect a cheque.   Without that fear or push or carrot or whatever you want to call it, things go haywire.    20% of the NHLPA gets 80% of the pie, which is fine - but the NHLPA would be better off, as a whole, and the league would be bette off as a whole, to shorten RFA deals - maybe even cap them, and reduce UFA deals as well.  It would add an element of pressure, and that 80% would get a bigger slice of the pie as well. 

Another way to do it is create a system that adds based on production.   So in LE's case, because he never came close to actually earning that deal, teams are allowed to penalize his paycheque and bank the cap.    Performance in the real world, is based on production.   Maybe add a flip side, for guys like Schenn who are obviously outperforming their current deals, part of that pie.    Not an actuary or mathematician, but absolutely understand that by rewarding production and penalizing the opposite, it's a recipe for success. 

Excellent post!

Progressive ideas

and it’ll never happen

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Yes, them too. I saw someone posted a link to (iiirc) Canucks Army- that detailed/recalls a few of those other issues.

The Allegations against Frank A.

The Rachel Dorie dismissal

Throwing Bruce under the bus

JT is a center?

Nope, JT isn't a center.

Weird decisions as to who plays and who sits

New guys come on and talk a good game, but almost everything they've done goes against what they said.

This franchise is becoming the undisputed loser organization of the entire league.

50 plus seasons- of which 8-10 have been good, have a competitive chance in the play offs; and 4-5 have been Stanley Cup competitor level.

I seen that one too 

• Cheers 1

14 pages and not one person giving Spencer Martin credit for that amazing game he just played????

The disrespect, man.

That guy nearly stole a game for us and nobody is willing to even make a comment about him. Ungrateful.

Game should have been 8-2.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Yes, them too. I saw someone posted a link to (iiirc) Canucks Army- that detailed/recalls a few of those other issues.

The Allegations against Frank A.

The Rachel Dorie dismissal

Throwing Bruce under the bus

JT is a center?

Nope, JT isn't a center.

Weird decisions as to who plays and who sits

New guys come on and talk a good game, but almost everything they've done goes against what they said.

This franchise is becoming the undisputed loser organization of the entire league.

50 plus seasons- of which 8-10 have been good, have a competitive chance in the play offs; and 4-5 have been Stanley Cup competitor level.

It’s definitely got to the point of myself wondering why I follow this team anymore… for the last year it’s been the humor and knowing a trade or two and some attitude adjustments and they will be a competitive team…now I really start to wonder what we have here :(

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Try being 58, and looking at 7 more years of Miller being here.

I'm running out of time, to see a Canucks team win a cup, and they seemingly are making no progress, over multiple years, now.

First off hopefully you have more than 7 years left in you at 58 but I feel your pain. 

You're old enough, as I am, to have been following Vancouver from the beginning. 

Over the decades there's been some good teams if not great teams, see last Stanley Cup run yet here it is again. All of a sudden a 

decade has elapsed and we're looking at the same tainted product of bull$hit ownership and management has rolled out. 

I know you and i disagree on some things along with others but i think the long time fan suffers from the same affliction of being sold false hockey hope year in and year out.

By this point we've seen winning franchises built from scratch and seemingly keep winning, See Tampa for one example. 

Bad contracts, the US dollar, a Canadian city, clueless management , and seeming clueless ownership are the excuses we keep seeing and hearing. 

You can't trade ownership with an ego higher than Everest. 

The only thing i can feel vindication from is not spending money to go to a game. Plus flipping the channel.

Thank goodness yesterdays sports line up was stellar. From collage football to the Canadian Junior tournament. 

Vancouver ranked at the bottom of list of true entertainment. It was like leaving the one dish you don't like on the plate at the end of a meal. 

I feel your frustration. 

Edited by aqua59
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3