The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Senators shopping Nikita Zaitsev

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

NZ’s contract expires June 2024.  He costs 4.5 on the cap.  We have Myers at 6 on the cap until that same date.  Is NK an upgrade on Myers in a supporting role?  Which of the two will have more positive value come the 2024 TDL?  

Both of them already have negative value right now.  Zaitsev is overpaid garbage but Myers is somehow worse.  Does that make Nikita an upgrade?  I suppose so... but then Ottawa has zero reason to make that type of trade.

• Like 1

Guys, Ottawa is looking to move Zaitsev with a sweetener because they want to get rid of his contract and not take anything else on. We don’t have anyone on an expiring contract outside of Bo nor the cap space to make a trade like this without prior moves. 

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Bo for a haul, Zaitsev and picks/prospects for future considerations or whatever. Now we are well under way on a rebuild.

Or we can sign more scoring wingers in the offseason after likely overpaying Bo for what is likely an anamoly season.

Bo and four wingers avg height 5'10, weight 179. 15 goal 15 assist, no PKers.

We're just going to go with 3 LD, 0 RD, 4 C, 11 Wingers

Edited by Gawdzukes

28 minutes ago, billabong said:

Myers>zaitsev

myers isn’t NEARLY as bad as Canucks fans think he is 

he has value across the league and if he didn’t have that 5m bonus in July he’d be a TD target for some teams 

he only makes 1m in salary next year 

Yep, Myers has positive value as a big, proven RHD. Only his cap is keeping him from getting more offers. He’s also been playing better, and should be highly motivated with his contract coming up. We should probably expect him to be a Canuck until the start of next season.

4 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Both of them already have negative value right now.  Zaitsev is overpaid garbage but Myers is somehow worse.  Does that make Nikita an upgrade?  I suppose so... but then Ottawa has zero reason to make that type of trade.

One plays over 20 minutes a night in the NHL. One plays 0 minutes a night in the NHL.Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

Sure hope they finally make the Myers - Zaitsev swap this time.

I'd rather trade Myers at 50% retained (3 million cap hit) for a decent return instead of taking Zaitsev for Abbotsford (3.375 million cap hit while burried). 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • There it is 1

7 minutes ago, coryberg said:

I'd rather trade Myers at 50% retained (3 million cap hit) for a decent return instead of taking Zaitsev for Abbotsford (3.375 million cap hit while burried). 

That's fair, trade him during the offseason when he'll be a pending UFA, or better trade him next TDL.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hammertime said:

Zaitsev is 4.5m cap hit with a year left.

OEL 7.26m 4 years left. 

Jr/Alvin: Pierre?...........................................................................................Pierre? You gotta hear this next part.......... Ya there buddy?? 

OEL will never okay trade there? Did we forget 3 yrs ago OEL would only okay trade to Boston and Vancouver...

4 hours ago, billabong said:

Myers>zaitsev

myers isn’t NEARLY as bad as Canucks fans think he is 

he has value across the league and if he didn’t have that 5m bonus in July he’d be a TD target for some teams 

he only makes 1m in salary next year 

He would be easy to trade after July 1st and bonus of 5 million is paid...

Yes Myers plays tough minutes against other teams top players.. solid #3 or #4 D man.. Canucks are worse when Myers is out of lineup..

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Myers is UFA next year so I’d keep him as a potential rental sale next year unless you can trade him sooner without giving up an asset.

I’d look at trading Boeser for a reclamation type player and a prospect or two.

something like Boeser+2nd for Greenway+Addison and/or Öhgren.

that should leave room to sign Bo

myers has 1 more year left after this one

12 hours ago, coryberg said:

I agree.  Myers could actually be traded in this scenario for positive value while Zaitsev has negative value.  If we pay Myers his $5 million bonus in July and then retain $2-3 million we could probably get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him or a young prospect.  At $3 million I am sure a playoff team would be interested in him...

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree.  Myers could actually be traded in this scenario for positive value while Zaitsev has negative value.  If we pay Myers his $5 million bonus in July and then retain $2-3 million we could probably get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him or a young prospect.  At $3 million I am sure a playoff team would be interested in him...

Or keep him till next year's tdl would be best.

• Upvote 1