The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Alexis Lafrenière

8 hours ago, Warhippy said:

You can respectfully disagree.

But when you put the first 150 games of the following players side by side they are incredibly similar.  keeping in mind how absolutely horrible those Oilers teams were for Yakupov vs how Lafreniere is being played/sheltered in a solid NY team

Lafreniere

Galchenyuk

Yakupov

Now, for fun.  Look at the first season of Laf vs Podkolzin.

While Laf may be tracking upwards slowly.  for a 1st overall, the suggestions of value some give him based on his progression are rather insane.  

You can take 150 game sample however you would like but if one is progression and one is digression they are completely different situations, do I think Laff is worth what a 1st overall pick is worth still… no of course not but he’s still worth a prospect with a high ceiling and great career ahead of him still  

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

If they move Bo move Miller too then. He doesn’t fit the age group need then. 

I try not to buy into the age argument,.  
sustained , and being able to sustain a level of play for consecutive years speaks volumes more.

Bo is 28 this year.   JT 30 .   I don’t think it’s really an issue,  especially when JT submits a 15 team trade list in July 2027. 
JT be 34?    .. and an 8m contract might seem like a 6 m if the Cap rises effectively enough.

There are other contracts that are worse on this team and league  for productivity, 

Vancouver was especially guilty of that with LE.     San Jose signing Hertyl to his contract is an anchor.

But this is nothing like that .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

You can take 150 game sample however you would like but if one is progression and one is digression they are completely different situations, do I think Laff is worth what a 1st overall pick is worth still… no of course not but he’s still worth a prospect with a high ceiling and great career ahead of him still  

Nah. He's already in high risk territory 

5 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

JT’s leadership this year has been Mid at best and abysmal at worst. 

Last season, Miller was doing lots of shouting both on the ice and in the dressing room, and many fans here considered it great leadership.

I remember there were lots of posts suggesting putting the C on Miller.  Those fans want a vocal captain instead of the silent type. ::D

• There it is 1

3 hours ago, Nave said:

Miller's contract isn't a bad contract, but we have a dreadful cap situation that needs to be rectified. 

I would love to see the management traded Miller before the trading deadline of last season, but I agree that 7x8M is not a bad contract once the management decided to keep him.

The Boeser signing is a worse signing in my opinion.

• RoughGame 1

30 minutes ago, The King of Kings said:

Last season, Miller was doing lots of shouting both on the ice and in the dressing room, and many fans here considered it great leadership.

I remember there were lots of posts suggesting putting the C on Miller.  Those fans want a vocal captain instead of the silent type. ::D

I didn’t and Bo>>>>>>Miller then and now

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

if that's the case then podkolzin is a bust? he's not scoring in the nhl and he's not scoring in the ahl

He is trending that way.  I think Klimovich might be ahead of him now.  Podkolzin could turn out to be a real good 3rd line player as he is good defensively and can kill penalties and can play a physical game.  But I am not sure he is going to be a 25 goal scorer.  Klimovich has top 6 potential...

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

At the very begining of JRutherfords tenure he stated something to the effect that “ There needs to be a culture change here” “ and many here aren’t going to like it”

He is getting rid of the silent emotionless players ..  and for many on these boards it’s the favorite pretty boys whose posters are taped to their ceilings.

No more mediocracy.

Was Nice to see EP Wack an iPad ,  pretty sure he’s dropping mitts before the season is over ,  he is a beauty,  with a beast pushing through his skin.

petey7.gif

• There it is 1

11 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lol Bo is our best Player, what are you talking about mediocrity for?

Mediocre Is slamming our stick at teammates then coughing up the puck and gliding back on defence. Not sure how you relentlessly defend JT then label Bo as part of the mediocrity. LMAO

petey22.gif

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, GB5 said:

Rangers are in a bit of a win now mode and Bo would complement that very well.

Question being what they are wanting in return for AL. I would think they would be looking for a roster player(s) that can help push them up a tier or two to be a legitimate cup contender.

Top 6 scoring isn’t an issue for them. It’s their lack of depth in their bottom 6, that’s the problem. Horvat doesn’t necessarily fix that.

I also think Drury would be hesitant to add another rental player for a push, when he saw Copp walk last summer. If they couldn’t sign Copp for 6m, what make people think they could re-sign Horvat?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He is trending that way.  I think Klimovich might be ahead of him now.  Podkolzin could turn out to be a real good 3rd line player as he is good defensively and can kill penalties and can play a physical game.  But I am not sure he is going to be a 25 goal scorer.  Klimovich has top 6 potential...

i dunno i always thought of podkolzin as a 3rd liner even when drafted a hard worker that can score once in a while. i don't think i ever had expectation of him being a top 6 forward. however his lack of production this year was a bit disappointing i think of him as a 10-15 goal 30-35 point guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, The King of Kings said:

I was one of the fans warning about Miller and was roasted by some leadership "experts". Little do people know there is a difference between leadership and louder-ship. Miller is a cancer, I wouldn't let him near my beer league team. 

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, The King of Kings said:

I'm sure I'm the first fan to admit this. Fans don't know $hit.

• Thanks 1