The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. New York Islanders | Jan. 3rd, 2023 | SNP, 7:00PM PT | New Years Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

7 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

at the draft we offer:

JT, Boeser, either OeL or Meyers, Rathbone + next years 1st for whomever gets the 1st this year.

That seems fair to me. + maybe we'll throw in a 3rd too or Pearson/Garland and maybe Delia so they get a decent goalie too. 

That's a good amount to rebuild your team with aka like they got for Lindros. 

No team can take on $18M+ in cap in one transaction :lol:

Plus who would want a bunch of guys who lose to become their team?

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

at the draft we offer:

JT, Boeser, either OeL or Meyers, Rathbone + next years 1st for whomever gets the 1st this year.

That seems fair to me. + maybe we'll throw in a 3rd too or Pearson/Garland and maybe Delia so they get a decent goalie too. 

Not even in the realm of close. It's laughable really. 4 salary dumps and a pick for Bedard. Haha :lol::lol: No the only way is winning the lottery.

19 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

at the draft we offer:

Try Horvat and Hughes and our 1st as a starting point 

9 minutes ago, jyu said:

I predict a win.

This feels like one of those games where the team puts in a good effort.

Feels like one of those games where they’re facing a tight checking team and won’t go to the dirty areas to score. 

Should be another easy night for the opposing goalie.

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Not even in the realm of close. It's laughable really. 4 salary dumps and a pick for Bedard. Haha :lol::lol: No the only way is winning the lottery.

Bettman will never allow us to win this lottery. He would rather see Bedard resurrect a team like Chicago< Anahiem or send him to Arizona to 'save' the team 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

The Lindros trade was him for Peter Forsberg, Mike Ricci, Ron Hextall, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, future considerations —which eventually became Chris Simon — two first-round draft picks, and $15 million.

If you added one more 1st rounder to my offer it works out pretty close. ( you can't trade cash nowadays )