The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. New York Islanders | Jan. 3rd, 2023 | SNP, 7:00PM PT | New Years Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

If I were able to give JT a personal message before the game it would be this: JT, you can start to turn around this growing negativity around you if you simply ball out (puck out?) in tonight’s game. Would he take that advice in the well intentioned manner it would be givin? He’d likely tell me, or any one of us, to f**k off, let’s be real. 

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

If I were able to give JT a personal message before the game it would be this: JT, you can start to turn around this growing negativity around you if you simply ball out (puck out?) in tonight’s game. Would he take that advice in the well intentioned manner it would be givin? He’d likely tell me, or any one of us, to f**k off, let’s be real. 

This wasn't an isolated incident, it's been escalating over a couple of seasons........it's not going to fix itself with a game of good effort.

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Can you imagine if we traded JT to Winnipeg? You think he’s a prickly pear now, LOOK OUT. :frantic:

Funny yes.  But some teams cannot attract high end players as free agents, so they trade for ones that are on longer term contracts.  Winnipeg is for sure one of those clubs.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Late seconds and and later firsts are not the most valuable thing. If a late second for Schenn is all we can get I’d rather keep him to be a leader. That has value fans can’t see.

Again cap space is number 1. It opens you up to opportunities that we don’t have right now because of the cap crunch. Getting good players AND picks from teams because we have space available will get this team further than a couple measly late picks.

Also our own first being top 5 is the only thing that will have a true impact to get this team the talent it needs.

I honestly don't get how some fans are against picks. That's how 95% of players come into the league and how a team gains cap space.

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

Luke Schenn was out of the league not too long ago and the 7th dman on Tampa. Getting a 2nd out of him is excellent value. I love Schenn more than anyone same goes for Bo, but a good organization knows when to move on from players.

Keeping a guy like Bo keeps us middling. You’d think we’d learn from the competitive rebuild in the Benning era..

Again, if we want to tank and rebuild like your post initially said then picks and prospects are far far more valuable.

He has to be moved. His leadership down the stretch to nowhere is pointless. 

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I honestly don't get how some fans are against picks. That's how 95% of players come into the league and how a team gains cap space.

He has to be moved. His leadership down the stretch to nowhere is pointless. 

No idea, probably cause of our poor drafting and developing in like the past 10 years, especially outside of the 1st round. Makes sense for fans to lose hope in picks with how poorly run that department is.

Look at the Ducks acquired as many picks as they could, some potential steals in the 2nd and 3rd round as well. Also soon to pass us, they’re building a super team, especially with a top 5 pick this year.