The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday January 5 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche - 7pm PT/9pm CT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

47 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Look for Quinn Hughes to have an inspired game tonight. By then he'll have seen the outrageous goal his brother scored for the US Juniors.

Not high on Quinn's brother after his comments about the Canucks during Quinn's contract negotiations. It could be the one with the NJD, not sure. Also didn't like his attitude after they lost to Canada. I can understand that a bit more but still not good.  

37 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They put all their eggs in one basket hoping we could go with Pettersson/Miller/Horvat down the middle that they didn’t have a backup plan.

Now it looks like we have no depth.

30 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

to me its so funny how management group after group cannot even help us ice an NHL bottom 6, we have not had a legit bottom 6 since 2011

How dumb are these guys? No 3C and no D. Very dumb.

Very very dumb.

They think if you just ignore positions they go away after awhile. :picard:

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Honestly, I think that's the biggest issue with this team.......no one has implemented a good defensive system with this group

It's the same system that Boudreau had last year when they were top 10 in the league in fewest goals against when he was hired.

The major difference this year been Demko isn't bailing this team out anymore and the team is just playing with less effort and commitment. 

Demko hid and compensated for a lot of defensive lapses last year. 

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Bo’s value is not going any higher than it currently is, lol.

Only thing is that other teams will be in the same boat.  They will see that they will have to dish out more and more to sign him, if they see that he could be useful in the playoffs as well as fit on their team next year.  And adding in that this is a freak year for Bo, coincidentally in his retirement contract year, when he usually always sits at around 50 points for most seasons give or take. Huge risk that he will not simply revert back to his usual production especially as he ages.

But yeah, I guess some team may want him purely as a rental.

7 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

It's the same system that Boudreau had last year when they were top 10 in the league in fewest goals against when he was hired.

The major difference this year been Demko isn't bailing this team out anymore and the team is just playing with less effort and commitment. 

100% correct and you can't rely on a goalie to do that year in year out without upgrading the D and playing better structure in front of him!

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Honestly, I think that's the biggest issue with this team.......no one has implemented a good defensive system with this group

I can't even say I'm glued to the screen but I haven't seen any improvement whatsoever from this group. When faced with a complete shitshow like we've seen any coach worth his salt should be able to devise a simple d scheme that you can see concentrates simply on being better defensively and improves the outlook. I haven't seen it from Bruce.

20 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Bo’s value is not going any higher than it currently is, lol.

I see it actually going down.

teams that want to make a move that don’t want to wait for our turtle speed  committee to figure it out will target others and move on. 

and those left will then decide if he’s a rental and won’t push them over the top then why bother.

Soon they’ll  be in a must trade position and once again trading from weakness a Francesco Canuck specialty. 

1 hour ago, Harold Drunken said:

Demko

They were just as bad, they just had an all world goalie last year. 

• Like 2