The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

32 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

How is Horvat's value greater than the value from Trevor Linden and Pavel Bure?  I can't even believe we are having this conversation.  Two of the greatest players in franchise history who almost gave us a cup and you are comparing them to Horvat.  Did you even watch the 1994 cup finals and what Linden did for this franchise?  Horvat can only dream about being at the same level as Trevor Linden.  Linden was the most well-rounded and complete player in franchise history.

This^ 100%. Bo isn't even in the same conversation as Linden was. Linden was the heart and soul of this team, and he nearly won game 7 for us with those 2 big goals.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, Ohthehumanity said:

This^ 100%. Bo isn't even in the same conversation as Linden was. Linden was the heart and soul of this team, and he nearly won game 7 for us with those 2 big goals.

Again, not a question of who was better, but who is harder to replace and you can't compare the pre-cap era to the cap era

43 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Getting rid of miller frees up the singing of horvat. Freeing up more money else where frees up much needed money to shore up  the backend. When that’s achieved this teams looks a whole lot better.  Horvats age also fits a rebuild/ retool better than miller. I won’t get into the 2 players track record of loyalties because they don’t measure on the same scale. 

Miller’s 8 mil cap allocation would be 3 for Bo (Bump him up to near 8) and 5 for Kuz (Bump him up to near 6).  The thing is though, any Miller Trade will not get approval from our owner (IMHAO) unless there are NHL players coming back.  So I doubt we clear all his cap.  

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Gurn said:

do I want death or do I want a slow death?

I'll pass on both if I can.

I'll add:

Calgary is probably feeling better about the Hugerdough deal; as they are allegedly competing for the Cup, unlike ourselves.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Miller’s 8 mil cap allocation would be 3 for Bo (Bump him up to near 8) and 5 for Kuz (Bump him up to near 6).  The thing is though, any Miller Trade will not get approval from our owner (IMHAO) unless there are NHL players coming back.  So I doubt we clear all his cap.  

A dman of comparable money. Plus Move out Myers , and who ever  else isn’t worth sacrificing horvat. 

• Vintage 1

Miller would fit Boston perfectly. His attitude at times makes me feel he’d fit in well next to Marchand.

If a trade was to happen, I wouldn’t be worried about the return, I’d be worried that it wouldn’t happen.

We need that change in attitude and the cap to keep Bo and Kuz. Keep Miller or keep Bo & Kuz? Horrible to think it might be the case here with where we are as a team - and in the standings.

2 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

Miller would fit Boston perfectly. His attitude at times makes me feel he’d fit in well next to Marchand.

If a trade was to happen, I wouldn’t be worried about the return, I’d be worried that it wouldn’t happen.

We need that change in attitude and the cap to keep Bo and Kuz. Keep Miller or keep Bo & Kuz? Horrible to think it might be the case here with where we are as a team - and in the standings.

We have cap room coming up to keep all three.  Need to buy out Stillman and (if healthy) Poolman.  But the cap is there.  Bo and Kuz are already taking up 6 mil.  So if Bo goes to 7.5 and Kuz to 5.5 then that’s only 7 added to what they are getting now. Hell, trading Garland (ad a full dumperoo) clears 5.  Lots of room.  IMHAO we do bring back Miller, Bo, and Kuz Missile. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We have cap room coming up to keep all three.  Need to buy out Stillman and (if healthy) Poolman.  But the cap is there.  Bo and Kuz are already taking up 6 mil.  So if Bo goes to 7.5 and Kuz to 5.5 then that’s only 7 added to what they are getting now. Hell, trading Garland (ad a full dumperoo) clears 5.  Lots of room.  IMHAO we do bring back Miller, Bo, and Kuz Missile. 

Hope we can work it out.

• Cheers 1

Sell him for a 6th if they have to just to get rid of his contract. His body language suggest he has no interest in being here anyway.

They need cap space more than they need him on the roster.

Edited by beni
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, Spoosh said:

Hope we can work it out.

Absolutely.  We need to keep our really good players and (over time) change the supporting cast.  Clearly Kuz Missile is an important supporting role player.  Boeser and Garland and Pearson need to be replaced and at a lot less cap allocation.  On D we got to (have no idea how) move on from OEL and Myers.  They make way too much for supporting roles.  

Imhao our core guys are good.  We need to keep improving our supporting cast, and making them cost less.  

• Like 1

Well, I am starting to think that a Canes trade would work well

JK, 2023-1st, and ????? for Horvat

Podkolzin.................Pettersson...................Kuzmenko

Pearson.......................Miller..........................XXXXXXXX

Mikheyev.........................JK.........................Garland..................................Nice defensive minded 3rd line with Offensive up side

We gotta hope one or 2 of Lekkimakki, McDonaugh, Our 2023 1st, or Klimovich, can add to our 2nd line

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I think Carolina is a great for miller and I do want him to suceed, there is a lot I like about him.  I also think JK can still become a great player and would fit in well with this group.  I'd prefer Jarvis, but if he were untouchable, I'd take the picks to move on from Miller 

If we trade Bo or JT to Carolina the main piece coming back should be RHD Scott Morrow then add from their. Canucks need to improve their D and our right side is a joke it must be addressed if the team moves 1 or both of those guys. Of course a young C coming back would also be nice but if we got a 1st round pick with Morrow then that would allow us to have 2 shots in the deep 1st round for a C possibly and say another RHD?

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Again, not a question of who was better, but who is harder to replace and you can't compare the pre-cap era to the cap era

We should be trying to keep Bo due to our lack of depth at the C position. But also, we can't just overpay him for having a career year goal scoring wise when his contract is up. Bo has had ONE season of more than 60pts in his career...he also is not a playmaker at all and not the best defensively but he is who we use in all situations because he is the ONLY one who can win faceoffs.

51 minutes ago, x00x said:

if we get bedard, and thats a big IF ..bedard is C material, proven in the world juniors ....bo and others are expandable than

His interview is getting blown out of proportion imo. He has be groomed for a while knowing he would be a high end draft pick and I appreciate what he said because at the end of the day ONE player doesn't win you shit on his own. I have had similar instances at work over the years where a boss tries to single out ONE employee when at the end of the day your company is successful when you have a solid TEAM of workers not just ONE employee. 

I know not the same comparing work to hockey but I wasn't surprised at all with what Bedard said, it was the right thing to say and he has a solid head on his shoulders and went about that interview like a true professional. Too bad out team wasn't willing to try to tank a bit harder for a local kid who has future superstar written all over him at the NHL level. But hey, Canucks never get good shiny things so I am not shocked to see us still fumbling around as a team not good enough to make the playoffs but also not smart enough to not overpay some players and not say hey we need to address the D...but lets go spend nearly 5m for another winger who brings speed and some pk ability instead!

• There it is 1