The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Explain to me how a "thought" by Friedman is some type of credible source and should be the basis of continuing on with a rumour thread that only has trade proposals inside of it?

I asked what you consider a credible source and what makes it credible to you?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

He said other GM’s are thinking and wondering what it would take to get him. How is that a rumour based on anything? Seriously 

And that he believes they have phoned OUR GM in regards to this.  It was newsworthy enough to be on HNIC lol.  Or you missed that possibly? idk

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

All reports are simply that some "what if" phone calls most likely took place.  It's not "nothing" and it's also not really anything huge.  Is it mandatory to have an extreme opinion on everything here? lol

You've met 2023, right?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I still don’t think it’ll happen, but Leafs, Bruins and Rangers loading up has to light a fire under Carolina, no? 

They certainly have the cap space($10m) and if JK($4.8x7yr after this season) is included, they would be getting

Miller for $3.2mx7yrs.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

I asked what you consider a credible source and what makes it credible to you?

A credible source is a rumour based on actual discussions with other parties.  A "thought" is not a rumour.  Thinking that a GM may be calling the Canucks about Miller is not a rumour.  It's a thought.  We all have thoughts.  Until those thoughts are backed up by some type of evidence that a discussion has taken place, then it is only a thought and not an actual source for discussion...

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

A credible source is a rumour based on actual discussions with other parties.  A "thought" is not a rumour.  Thinking that a GM may be calling the Canucks about Miller is not a rumour.  It's a thought.  We all have thoughts.  Until those thoughts are backed up by some type of evidence that a discussion has taken place, then it is only a thought and not an actual source for discussion...

So what reporters do you consider credible?  Who do you think have inside access?

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

What kind of evidence?  

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

So what reporters do you consider credible?  Who do you think have inside access?

I never said Friedman wasn't credible.  What I said was his "thoughts" about Miller are not rumours, they are just thoughts, like making up a trade proposal.  If he actually had a rumour on a Miller trade, I would be all ears.  He doesn't though...

• Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I never said Friedman wasn't credible.  What I said was his "thoughts" about Miller are not rumours, they are just thoughts, like making up a trade proposal.  If he actually had a rumour on a Miller trade, I would be all ears.  He doesn't though...

I don't understand your take on this, teams are in fact calling and asking about JT, as they should that is part of their job. How serious talks have got and who could be involved is irrelevant at this point but there is enough chatter discussion is worth it. 

Don't like it, don't go in the thread. This isn't rocket surgery.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

If you don't know the difference between a thought and an actual rumour with a source or some evidence to back it up, then I can't really help you...

What kind of evidence though?

When EF says he thinks GM's are contacting Van about whether Miller is available, isn't that what a rumour is?

• Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

And that he believes they have phoned OUR GM in regards to this.  It was newsworthy enough to be on HNIC lol.  Or you missed that possibly? idk

He said he thinks they called inquiring. He was not firm on that. There is a big difference. He never said calls were in fact made. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don't understand your take on this, teams are in fact calling and asking about JT, as they should that is part of their job. How serious talks have got and who could be involved is irrelevant at this point but there is enough chatter discussion is worth it. 

Don't like it, don't go in the thread. This isn't rocket surgery.

Friedman just posted a trade rumour, it wasn't a thought.  So there you go....

Look.  Y'all can calm down.  You're splitting hairs and arguing about the most petty garbage.

Freidman NEEDS his 32 thoughts.  Most of his rumours are unsubstantiated but have to be there.  He will ask any number of NHL execs or agents if they've heard of anything and will casually pass it on.  Her will use the biggest ticket names on NHL teams and create scenarios regarding trade availability because he has to and is no different than us.

Case in point.  

Freid asks NHL 3rd tier exec if there's anything interesting going on.  NHL exec will say we have player X under contract but extension Y is not going well.  Freid will then ask if anyone has enquired about said player and N3rd tier exec will say no or yes.  Depending on the answer Freid will then go talk to player X's agent and agent will make some sort of nothing comment or will say something in passing and Freid will then say the following

I have heard some rumblings that Player X on team Y is not having successful negotiations for a contract extension.  Agent Z was very non commital but it makes you wonder if [insert team here with need for player X] might have interest.

That's it, that is all.  He HAS to do this because without it he has no show.  He has contacts we don't but he HAS to create a narrative of some sort because in a day and age of social media anything less than constant information is a failure.

• Cheers 1