The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

1 minute ago, GB5 said:

Canucks will certainly need to shed one big salary if not two going into next season but make me nervous that Miller would be the guy. 

Seems like Myers, Brock or Garland would be better but maybe depends on who is moveable.

If it is Miller then they need a Jeannot ++ type of offer to move ahead.

No takers for Myers, Brock, Garland. If there was, they would be gone by now. 

I guess it really depends on how long management and ownership believe it will take to be competitive.

Clearly, Miller's best years will be right now, and as Jyu mentioned, if we aren't vying for the cup in 3 to 4 years, his contract is essentially wasted and then becomes a liability.

This, combined with the clause coming into effect next year, leads me to believe that the time to trade Miller is now - if there are any takers and the return is reasonable. 

It isn't that he's not a good player; I think he has surpassed everyone's expectations when we first made the trade. It's just about asset management, and if we could get a young player or especially a high draft pick, that would sure look nice in a deep draft alongside the other picks we have. (And perhaps the ability to combine some for a higher pick).

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

51 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Oh my goodness… if the market demand is able to rescue this management team from a massive mistake like this, they should count their blessings.

We can trade players during an arms race for the Cup, and then use cap space in the offseason to help some team get out from the cap mess they are making now.  We can benefit on both ends and get a huge haul.

• Vintage 2
  • Tanks a lot 1

20 minutes ago, jyu said:

I appreciate him now. He has committed to playing the right way since Tocchet took over. The blocking shots is very much appreciated. 

Its the sellers market this TDL thanks to the arns race in the east. Might be a good to explore the trade option. 

We'll see....there are bigger fish to fry and holes to fill. Would rather not create one more.

JT brings a bit of snarly swagger to this team that's seriously lacking. We're easy to play against if he's removed from the line up (along with Schenn). He does a lot of things that people don't notice because they're too busy watching for stuff that they can create drama with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

We'll see....there are bigger fish to fry and holes to fill. Would rather not create one more.

JT brings a bit of snarly swagger to this team that's seriously lacking. We're easy to play against if he's removed from the line up (along with Schenn). He does a lot of things that people don't notice because they're too busy watching for stuff that they can create drama with.

I agree,, miller is tough on the boards, has size,  has great vision and can score.  He competes as well.  He would definitely leave a hole.  I personally love the player he is right now (defensively more responsible). 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

It is true that people (including myself) were focussing on the turnovers at the blue line during a powerplay, giving up on plays, screaming, etc.

But the last 10 games or so, he's been noticeable for good reasons. And at least for me, I would like to see Miller stay on this team... if he were turning 27 instead of 30.

I can't speak for others but at least for myself, I realize the positive attributes brought by Miller whereas before, I just wanted him gone no matter what because of those noticeable mistakes and poor attitude.

It looks like Allvin is considering all options, including a deep rebuild as evident by Demko rumors.  If we are entering a rebuild, creating holes on the roster is expected because the point is to replenish your roster with younger players in return for creating those very holes and some of those young players will eventually fill those holes but it won't be next season.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, jyu said:

It is true that people (including myself) were focussing on the turnovers at the blue line during a powerplay, giving up on plays, screaming, etc.

But the last 10 games or so, he's been noticeable for good reasons. And at least for me, I would like to see Miller stay on this team... if he were turning 27 instead of 30.

I can't speak for others but at least for myself, I realize the positive attributes brought by Miller whereas before, I just wanted him gone no matter what because of those noticeable mistakes and poor attitude.

It looks like Allvin is considering all options, including a deep rebuild as evident by Demko rumors.  If we are entering a rebuild, creating holes on the roster is expected because the point is to replenish your roster with younger players in return for creating those very holes and some of those young players will eventually fill those holes but it won't be next season.

Despite his many warts, I think everyone on this board sees that Miller is a great player. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

If you can move him, do it. I love what JT brings when he’s on his game but the Canucks cannot continue to be a perennial cap maxed team while floundering near the bottom of the league. Cap flexibility allows you to take advantage of other teams while restocking the pipeline with picks and young players. They have their emerging superstar in Petey and now it’s time to strip it down and build around him. 

I wonder if Buffalo could be in on Miller. Tuch out week to week creates a hole on their top line.

They are on the bubble and playoff games would be excellent for their fan base. 

Lord knows they have buckets of assets to trade without weakening their lineup.

3 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

I wonder if Buffalo could be in on Miller. Tuch out week to week creates a hole on their top line.

If not the Canes then it's Pitsburgh. 

4 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

And cap space to boot.  I thought they'd be a good landing spot for demko as well