The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Jan. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Patrick Allvin is in hiding. 

Rookie GM can’t handle the pressure of the big job. That’s why you hire experienced GMs that are used to dealing with the media regularly.

I'd rather him try to do something in regards to the team than speak to the media. Get something going over the phones. As a fan base we are smart enough to already know the cookie cutter answers we would get anyways. In his position, where the team is at, there is not a lot to say about it. 

We have a painfully average hockey team being paid like contenders. 

Edited by DeltaSwede
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, DarthMelvin said:

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

The amount of giveaways these two hold is embarrassing. Myers proved that 2 games ago.. OEL is no free wheeling puck handler like Hughes, Lets clip that thought right away. 

And to say varying degrees...what does even mean. Regardless if they have anyone covering for them their offensive mark is a no show.

Varying meaning neither OEL or Myers are anywhere near Hughes ability to freewheel, particularly in a phone booth. Though they both obviously have more size, and OEL especially, better 2 way play. But make no mistake they're all offensive leaning D who perform their best when moving the puck (within their respective skill sets) and a defense-leaning partner to back them up. Myers is basically a poor man's OEL. And yes, those types of players tend to have giveaways. That's what happens with offensive leaning players. Look around the league.

It doesn't really matter how you rearrange them if you don't have appropriate partners to play with them (or forwards or a system to support them). This is literally 50% of team building... I'm baffled so many fans are completely blind to it. How many times do you guys need to see maligned Canucks go to other teams and have success? :lol:

Untitled.thumb.png.be685bfc4a26315fe9ec5747c582793b.png

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t break what clearly needs fixing.

This tank is rolling along perfectly!

Gamble all of CDC's mental health for a 5% chance at Bedard!!

Oh wow I did the lotto simulator and this was my one and only try. Never doing it again

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi
  • Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Patrick Allvin is in hiding. 

Rookie GM can’t handle the pressure of the big job. That’s why you hire experienced GMs that are used to dealing with the media regularly.

I miss Jim Benning. At least I didn't feel I was getting cheated and hornswoggled at every turn and public address. PA reminds me of Bettman just evilly grinning away and getting filthy rich on the public's hard earned money while the franchise's respectability is burning to the ground.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Half a dozen of the other or however  that cliche goes.

Splitting the chaos brothers apart only spreads the problem.  Why is Burroughs sitting?  I believe we have won more than lost with him in the lineup.  Don't quote me on that, but I think that's true.

I'm not opposed to keeping in Dermott for now as he has more offensive upside and is slowly getting his legs back and looking more comfortable each game. But if we simply inserted Burroughs in for any of Myers or OEL (Kyle can play both sides), we'd instantly be a better defensive team IMO. Its not just his toughness, from my eye test, he was way more calmer and efficient with the puck management than both of those two combined.

But of course management will never sit either of the chaos brothers before the TD, or whatever value they have left would disappear.  And for the tankers, I guess its better Burroughs is not in the line up.

Not gonna lie, given how the team is playing as a whole I'm not convinced Burroughs makes much of a difference

But he's also just a 5-6D at best imo, more likely a 6-8D, I don't expect him the move the needle a ton when he does eventually get in 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, DeNiro said:

So for anyone wondering we’ve fallen one win behind last seasons pace. :lol:

We were 18-18-3 at the 39 game mark. Funny enough if we get a win and an OTL or shootout loss in our next two we’ll have an identical halfway point record.

From that point we went 22-12-9 the rest of the way to finish with 92 points which was 6 points shy of the second wild card.

So to finish 6 points higher with one less win we’ll have to go something like 28-10-5.

We totally got this guys! Unfinished business. Bruce there it is! 

:towel:

"Unfinished Business 2" t shirts for next preseason. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

"Unfinished Business 2" t shirts for next preseason. 

Unfinished Business 2: The Re-Unfinishing

Starring Clint Eastwood as Jim Rutherford and Stanley Tucci as Patrick Allvin.

**Movie trailer voice** “This summer, something, or someone is getting finished…again”

Edited by DeNiro
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Missed the game.......I get more excited these days doing a search for the Canucks news to see if anything of actual significance these days (i.e. a change in personnel) will happen.  I love seeing the Canucks win, but at this stage of the season it's actually worse to win.....like it or not.  

People can rightfully trash on JB's moves (the OEL trade being the biggest), but we now have a bigger management team (good decision) with arguably worse results (poor execution).  If they don't make huge wholesale changes (i.e. move Miller, move Brock, move Bo) in the next 2 weeks, they are just going to keep this team back for longer.

Losing patience and likely my interest......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Not gonna lie, given how the team is playing as a whole I'm not convinced Burroughs makes much of a difference

But he's also just a 5-6D at best imo, more likely a 6-8D, I don't expect him the move the needle a ton when he does eventually get in 

He's definately a 5/6.  But No, he won't move the needle near enough.  But I contend that our D game would instantly be better.  How much?

Maybe as much as that we do just well enough to barely miss the playoffs and have the least shot at Bedard in the lottery.  So.....playing Kyle would be the least thing tankers want.  But based on his play so far when he's on, he is better than the 6th defenseman now playing on the team.  And if winning was more important than inner politics of management/ownership and saving face etc....he'd be in the lineup, or at least deserves to be.

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

He's definately a 5/6.  But No, he won't move the needle near enough.  But I contend that our D game would instantly be better.  How much?

Maybe as much as that we do just well enough to barely miss the playoffs and have the least shot at Bedard in the lottery.  So.....playing Kyle would be the least thing tankers want.  But based on his play so far when he's on, he is better than the 6th defenseman now playing on the team.  And if winning was more important than inner politics of management/ownership and saving face etc....he'd be in the lineup, or at least deserves to be.

I'm not opposed to him being in, but I am a tanker and I don't think he'd make much of a difference 

I do think we're better off trying to sink but that'd require at least one larger trade sooner than later, like a Horvat trade 

As for management, they've gone quiet and we haven't had many leaks this season, what their plan is and what they want to do going forward is anyone's guess 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

As for management, they've gone quiet and we haven't had many leaks this season, what their plan is and what they want to do going forward is anyone's guess 

Line Fail GIF

live view of management 

Edited by Zerofaith
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1