The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Jan. 08, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I’m not usually the negative type but it’s time to call a spade a spade. This years done and they need to be sellers at the deadline. They also need to fully commit to getting younger. Not just say it, but act it, do it. They need a re-do on the whole building a core with surrounding parts good enough to win. Right now the team is built like full playoff mode but in reality is very much mediocre in all aspects. 

Teams don’t have much wiggle room cap wise but the Canucks need to capitalize on trading Kuzmenko and Schenn. With their contribution vs cap hit ratios, you should be able to ask for a lot back. Horvat should be apart of the solution, but where we are at, you sell him to the highest bidder. Everyone is on the block outside of Petey, Quinn and Demko

The stars just didn’t align for us this go around. 

If we could just delete the OEL contract, that would be great 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Team lets in 7 even strength goals and the lineup doesn't change? Need to break up that OEL - Myers or it's another 7 spot against us next game

Half a dozen of the other or however  that cliche goes.

Splitting the chaos brothers apart only spreads the problem.  Why is Burroughs sitting?  I believe we have won more than lost with him in the lineup.  Don't quote me on that, but I think that's true.

I'm not opposed to keeping in Dermott for now as he has more offensive upside and is slowly getting his legs back and looking more comfortable each game. But if we simply inserted Burroughs in for any of Myers or OEL (Kyle can play both sides), we'd instantly be a better defensive team IMO. Its not just his toughness, from my eye test, he was way more calmer and efficient with the puck management than both of those two combined.

But of course management will never sit either of the chaos brothers before the TD, or whatever value they have left would disappear.  And for the tankers, I guess its better Burroughs is not in the line up.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Half a dozen of the other or however  that cliche goes.

Splitting the chaos brothers apart only spreads the problem.  Why is Burroughs sitting?  I believe we have won more than lost with him in the lineup.  Don't quote me on that, but I think that's true.

I'm not opposed to keeping in Dermott for now as he has more offensive upside and is slowly getting his legs back and looking more comfortable each game. But if we simply inserted Burroughs in for any of Myers or OEL (Kyle can play both sides), we'd instantly be a better defensive team IMO. Its not just his toughness, from my eye test, he was way more calmer and efficient with the puck management than both of those two combined.

But of course management will never sit either of the chaos brothers before the TD, or whatever value they have left would disappear.  And for the tankers, I guess its better Burroughs is not in the line up.

Tankers vs the playoff hopers/true fans ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski