The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Russo] Dumba Being Scratched Tonight a “Hockey Decision,” Trade Incoming?

AngryElf

4 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think the only people who don't think he has value, are the media who are desperate for clicks on their pages and links and the fans who listen to them.

Last year, a whole bunch of media was saying that we'd be lucky to have someone take Hamonic if we waived him, it was echoed here by fans. Suddenly we trade him for a 3rd round pick!

Stop listening to media that is desperate to create clicks, it's how they get paid!

The duality of Canucks fans, our players are either complete and utter trash that we couldn't trade for soggy bread or they're worth five 1st rounders.

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Girl What GIF by MOODMAN

Cutest thing I’ve seen today. Thank you.

I’m going to show this to my little daughter and tell her that “this is you in a gif.”

Her whole coddled life is this gif. 

It’s my fault though. I coddled her. I’m her dad. 

Dammit. 

No to Dumba also. We shouldn’t coddle grown men.

Just little daughters. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

27 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Cutest thing I’ve seen today. Thank you.

I’m going to show this to my little daughter and tell her that “this is you in a gif.”

Her whole coddled life is this gif. 

It’s my fault though. I coddled her. I’m her dad. 

Dammit. 

No to Dumba also. We shouldn’t coddle grown men.

Just little daughters. 

And our beautiful sons. 

• Like 2
  • There it is 1

17 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Speculation of buying out Garland came from where?

Wasn't it someone on this board that implied Garland as the target?

If the canucks cant move BB6 or even OEL without retention they should be targetted for buy out before Garland, OEL would be a brutal buyout none the less.

Miller's value is not nil, nor is bb6" 

millers behavior and disposition is the problem, every player struggles at some point, trade him to Philly for a dman. let him and Torts be in Paradise:P

bb6 problems are a many I like the guy and wish him the best, My loyalties are to the Canucks and not any individual player.

Skating, not a play driver, not the best 2 way fwd, not physical, doesnt fight, injury issues, loss of shot, also seems to be regressing.

more concerned with bb6 contract then Garlands

The speculation about buying out Garland came initially from a sports columnist, but was repeated on HNIC a week ago I believe. Not saying it's happening. 

The reality is that other teams consider both on ice play AND salary cap when looking at players like Miller of BB6. One has an albatross contract that is reasonable for the first couple years (maybe) but Miller is already trending away before the contract starts. He is HUGE risk for any team. 

BB6 has issues of underperforming already, and his two way game is terrible.

In other words, not team is giving up valuable assets to aquire these players. No way.

Best you can hope for is trading for an inferior player who has less cap hit over less time. 

There is no scenario where either of these players returns a pick in the 1st or 2nd round, unless there is a huge sweetener like Podz or Kuz added in. 

Think about it. If the Canucks, at the bottom of the league are trying to move these guys, why would any team pay top dollar for them.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, JayDangles said:

The speculation about buying out Garland came initially from a sports columnist, but was repeated on HNIC a week ago I believe. Not saying it's happening. 

The reality is that other teams consider both on ice play AND salary cap when looking at players like Miller of BB6. One has an albatross contract that is reasonable for the first couple years (maybe) but Miller is already trending away before the contract starts. He is HUGE risk for any team. 

BB6 has issues of underperforming already, and his two way game is terrible.

In other words, not team is giving up valuable assets to aquire these players. No way.

Best you can hope for is trading for an inferior player who has less cap hit over less time. 

There is no scenario where either of these players returns a pick in the 1st or 2nd round, unless there is a huge sweetener like Podz or Kuz added in. 

Think about it. If the Canucks, at the bottom of the league are trying to move these guys, why would any team pay top dollar for them.

A garland or bb6 buyout would be really silly in my opinion. Both underperform in part due to the glut of scoring wingers on the team. They simply get squeezed out of prime scoring ice time (power play time, or ozone starts) by sharing with too many others. 

As soon as you see them being given meaningful prime time, both put up decent numbers 

Horvat being moved will actually help with this, as it’ll force Miller back to the middle, opening up a winger spot.

Hopefully we get a proper shutdown 3C as well so Miller doesn’t have to match up against other teams 1st lines (where he runs into problems) 

19 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

A garland or bb6 buyout would be really silly in my opinion. Both underperform in part due to the glut of scoring wingers on the team. They simply get squeezed out of prime scoring ice time (power play time, or ozone starts) by sharing with too many others. 

As soon as you see them being given meaningful prime time, both put up decent numbers 

Horvat being moved will actually help with this, as it’ll force Miller back to the middle, opening up a winger spot.

Hopefully we get a proper shutdown 3C as well so Miller doesn’t have to match up against other teams 1st lines (where he runs into problems) 

BB6 and Garland have both been gifted prime minutes for almost 2 months now. Brock was moved to the first pp unit in replace of Kuz, our top PP scorer. This was done to showcase Brock and reduce Kuz's value. It has had the opposite effect. Brock has been garbage on the PP. He is also on a line with EP, our leading scorer, and even he can't get Brock producing. 

Then Garland has been with Horvat our top goal scorer, and Miller, 3rd in points. Garlands headed for a 40pt season.

Not sure they can gift these guys anything more! 

I thought players were supposed to earn their positions or at the very least elevate their play from time to time.

Seems no matter what we do with some of these guys the reality always shows through. BB6 has been a bustaroo since his Rookie season, and Garlands endless motor isn't enough to drive a line or put up points 

Are they terrible players? No, are they helping the team by playing to or above their contracts? Also no.

So what team wants to pay for that? What team is looking to acquire these types of players and are willing to give up assets for them? 

I suppose the trade deadline will solve this argument, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything besides taking anything to move these contracts. 

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

BB6 and Garland have both been gifted prime minutes for almost 2 months now. Brock was moved to the first pp unit in replace of Kuz, our top PP scorer. This was done to showcase Brock and reduce Kuz's value. It has had the opposite effect. Brock has been garbage on the PP. He is also on a line with EP, our leading scorer, and even he can't get Brock producing. 

Then Garland has been with Horvat our top goal scorer, and Miller, 3rd in points. Garlands headed for a 40pt season.

Not sure they can gift these guys anything more! 

I thought players were supposed to earn their positions or at the very least elevate their play from time to time.

Seems no matter what we do with some of these guys the reality always shows through. BB6 has been a bustaroo since his Rookie season, and Garlands endless motor isn't enough to drive a line or put up points 

Are they terrible players? No, are they helping the team by playing to or above their contracts? Also no.

So what team wants to pay for that? What team is looking to acquire these types of players and are willing to give up assets for them? 

I suppose the trade deadline will solve this argument, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything besides taking anything to move these contracts. 

Imagine having to buyout both OEL and Garland.  Nice trade Benning. :picard:

• Like 1
  • There it is 1