The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Friday January 20 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

17 minutes ago, chon derry said:

I think after BB exercised his right to except the second year which was his option. Jr had to stand off with firing  him since he never knew about the option. A firing would have made FA look stupid in public ,but we all know he is anyway.  

The sequence of hiring was the mistake by AQ.

Imagine if Bruce has a winning record this season.  That will make the firing even less popular.  JR and PA wanted their own guy from the beginning, based on his season end comments last yr.   

3 hours ago, Pickly said:

@Goal:thecup you asked me in a previous thread why I’m embarrassed to be a fan of this franchise right now. It’s this crap right here where a management team has completely hung out a well respected individual to dry with no support and repeatedly sewerd him in front of the media which is classless and pathetic from an organization that ironically enough prides itself on, you guessed it, class. 

At the end of the day Bruce is still human and has feelings too. The way he has handled this inexcusable, passive aggressive treatment from management is admirable and I wish him all the best when the inevitable happens. 

Who are you embarrassed to?

Thanks for responding as I am actually curious; I have seen a number of posters say something similar and I don't get it.

I am embarrassed when my wife points out that the barn door is still open, especially if she waits until they're greeting us at our favorite restaurant...

I guess it's just an expression but I have no control over the Canucks so I have nothing to be embarrassed about nor anyone to whom I am embarrassed.

Where's that beating a dead horse thing?

Beat A Dead Horse Automaton | Waldorf toys, Handcrafted toys, Wooden toy  kitchen

PS  I always thought your user name was "Prickly" until now; lol.

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

The sequence of hiring was the mistake by AQ.

Imagine if Bruce has a winning record this season.  That will make the firing even less popular.  JR and PA wanted their own guy from the beginning, based on his season end comments last yr.   

I understand that. But there had to be a timeframe that jr didn’t know about BBs contract situation and FA would of had to intervene to stop a firing. And at that moment jr had to hold off to save face. So to speak 

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

I understand that. But there had to be a timeframe that jr didn’t know about BBs contract situation and FA would of had to intervene to stop a firing. And at that moment jr had to hold off to save face. So to speak 

Hence the mess. Bad start to the new management.   Snowballed from there. Hoping they will turn it around this off season. 

3 hours ago, Neutral said:

I get where you are coming from but to look at it another way...watching the games and when they would chant was nice to hear on TV, cause our arena is far too QUIET on most nights regardless of how the team plays. Unfortunately it is an expensive ticket and true hockey fans are not as financially able to attend them on a regular basis compared to a lower tier of hockey where the crowds can be hopping in comparison to the arena. The music it terrible, play the same somes every game and sometimes at the worst time of the game when the team is playing like crap!

Hope the fans cheer for Bruce but also start chanting sell the team...Our owner is silent during all this process, get a new ownership group in who has a true passion and direction for the team. Get innovative, I mean they just did a #freetheskate campaign that literally saw the team COPY the FIRE BENNING air plane above the sky but with freetheskate.

Get some celebrities into ownership like Reynolds, Buble, Nash and Lions owner Amar Doman and maybe another minority owner and freshen up the organization...it could sure use a revamp from owners on down!

None of those are billionairse (that I know of anyway).

Just now, Jaimito said:

Hence the mess. Bad start to the new management.   Snowballed from there. Hoping they will turn it around this off season. 

All the rumours of FA meddling have to be false and jr does actually have full autonomy. Add to that one would hope that at some point in time aquilini does intervene  with all the crazy bull sh!t that’s been around since jr an pa arrived. Unless he’s that stupid not to see it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

This video here is heartbreaking. Everyone loves this guy. Shame on our team. They should battle hard all the time for him. It’s so upsetting….

100%!!! I have been a fan since 88 and while I haven’t agreed with everything over the years, I understand it’s also a business and I try to treat it as such / react to it as such. But, this BB thing is making me really angry / upset!! He is a great coach / person and how they’re treating him is disgusting! It makes me sick!!! Worse, this year is not his fault…..this team has serious flaws and management has sat on their hands re: the flaws. Just unreal! I try to find a balance / a happy medium, while having constructive criticism and not being toxic / negative like the media / some fans, but it’s getting harder & harder. 

• Vintage 2