The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rangers’ Pride Night goes sideways and Chicago Blackhawks refuse to wear pride jerseys

Rate this topic

Slegr

13 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Did Provorov say he was outraged at the concept of wearing the jersey?

Provorov isn't preventing anyone from doing anything. He's not forcing his beliefs on anyone.

this is 100% the truth... he said something very different didn't he? something about respecting everyone's choices and being true to himself and his religion... we can all make assumptions about this message, but they are all make believe thoughts...

and also agree about him not preventing anyone from doing anything, id also add that he is not promoting people to follow his suit.

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

What it boils down to is how you treat others it don’t matter of your beliefs if you’re a good person you won’t be douche canoe and treat others who are different than you badly.

totally agree... and still believe Provorov has the right to not wear the sweater and that still honor's that sentiment

29 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

You know what it says because you say it's so?

Burden of proof is on you to prove that is what it says if you are going to accurately make that claim.

You are frankly a liar and full of nonsense.  I don’t know why people are still engaging with you.

The team had a “hockey is for everyone” theme night to show inclusivity of LGBTQ2S+ people in and for their sport.

Provorov chose not to participate in that and literally said on camera and publicly that message goes against his beliefs. 

Suggesting that people are “mind reading” by inferring he doesn’t support LGBTQ2S+ people is just lying on your part.  They had a theme night message, by actions and his literal words that went against his beliefs = he doesn’t support the inclusion and acceptance of LGBTQ2S+ people.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

If you shame people by not participating. Stepping away makes a bold statement...your beliefs are fine but they don't transfer to others' lives...that's where THEIR beliefs (and rights to live without discrimination) take over. No one's asking these players to be gay...they're supposed to skate with their team wearing a specific jersey. There are many examples of that...cancer fights jerseys, veterans, etc. 

By saying through your actions "I don't support this (because of my beliefs")...this isn't your individual platform...it's your workplace. You're basically saying "I don't support your right to live as you please" and "I don't support you as a human being who should be accepted like everyone else". That is a little shameful.

Beliefs should have room to evolve over time as we learn and grow. These religions span across thousands of years...there were slaves, beheadings...all kinds of stuff that is no longer accepted or tolerated. We have to progress over time and not stay stuck using "beliefs" as a reason an excuse. 

Are these followers doing all the things required of them according to the guidelines that their belief system has set out? Does their religion allow for fighting? For swearing? Because maybe hockey isn't the right thing according to their belief system. 

and you are saying that provorov should not live as he pleases... your view is idealistic and hypocritical...

and hard disagree, you have the right to express freedoms inside the workplace... i think he tried to not make a big deal out of it.. he did not promote his actions... he also got the go ahead from his coach, asking for his blessing, which he got... 

beliefs do evolve over time as we grow... many churches in canada perform weddings for all individuals... thats just one example..

i would think there has been instances of every person in the world sacrificing their beliefs for individual gain... no one is perfect...

Edited by Bad_BOI_pete

16 hours ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

insulting my intelligence, how quaint... i would say you are in the vast minority in thinking this is not an political or idealistic view of thinking....

anyways... forcing idealistic views on people when has that ever gone wrong in history.....

The fact that it's a political debate just illustrates where the LGBTQ community really stands within our society and the importance of having pride events. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

The fact that it's a political debate just illustrates where the LGBTQ community really stands within our society and the importance of having pride events. 

and we were having pride events... until the left started interfering...they demanded perfection, when its impossible... they whined complained and shamed... play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

the fact that the events are changing is a failure of the left, not a success of the radical right

• RoughGame 3

Just now, Bad_BOI_pete said:

i'm not stupid, and i dont say stupid things... 139 IQ.. you have the freedom to be wrong

Never called you stupid. But you have said tons of stupid things here. Yesterday you jumped in do defend a bigot before you even realized what you were doing. That was really dumb. You've said plenty of other ridiculous things today. 

And yeah, you mentioned. You talk about allegedly have an IQ in the top .5% of the planet... A lot. I've heard you say it at least 3 or 4 times. Not even going to touch that, it's irrelevant.

• Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, Provost said:

You are frankly a liar and full of nonsense.  I don’t know why people are still engaging with you.

The team had a “hockey is for everyone” theme night to show inclusivity of LGBTQ2S+ people in and for their sport.

Provorov chose not to participate in that and literally said on camera and publicly that message goes against his beliefs. 

Suggesting that people are “mind reading” by inferring he doesn’t support LGBTQ2S+ people is just lying on your part.  They had a theme night message, by actions and his literal words that went against his beliefs = he doesn’t support the inclusion and acceptance of LGBTQ2S+ people.

He said he respects everyone. I'm not saying he supports the community. I'm saying his actions don't necessarily mean that he hates the community and that they shouldn't have equal rights.

Going to need to you to provide some proof of me being a liar if you expect to be taken seriously.

Oh wait, you can't. Yet another poor assumption.

Edited by Master Mind
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

Never called you stupid. But you have said tons of stupid things here. Yesterday you jumped in do defend a bigot before you even realized what you were doing. That was really dumb. You've said plenty of other ridiculous things today. 

And yeah, you mentioned. You talk about allegedly have an IQ in the top .5% of the planet... A lot. I've heard you say it at least 3 or 4 times. Not even going to touch that, it's irrelevant.

its not okay to imply i say stupid things... the things i say are not ridiculous they are 100% the truth...

I openly denounced what that poster stated... homophobic slurs are not welcome in my book.

My Iq is relevant because you implied i was stupid, which im not... 139 IQ

• RoughGame 1

9 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

He said he respects everyone. I'm not saying he supports the community. I'm saying his actions don't necessarily mean that he hates the community and thinks they shouldn't have equal rights.

Going to need to you to provide some proof of me being a liar if you expect to be taken seriously.

Oh wait, you can't. Yet another assumption.

agreed, big difference... you can respect someone's beliefs but not support them... its called being civil

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

agreed, big difference... you can respect someone's beliefs but not support them... its called being civil

I'd also add that you can also support someone differently than how someone else shows support.

Seems that many here want everything done their way and only their way.

3 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

its not okay to imply i say stupid things... the things i say are not ridiculous they are 100% the truth...

I openly denounced what that poster stated... homophobic slurs are not welcome in my book.

My Iq is relevant because you implied i was stupid, which im not... 139 IQ

You denounced it after I called you out on it, your first action was to defend them. You didn't think before you acted in that case.

And I think it's perfectly ok when you continuously say stupid thing. It's not like I'm calling you out on it, the only reason we're talking is you personally mentioned me and brought this on yourself. I'll just leave my little bag whenever you say stupid thing and we can both do whatever we want, that's the beauty of freedom.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Master Mind said:

I'd also add that you can also support someone differently than how someone else shows support.

Seems that many here want everything done their way and only their way.

the definition of ideology... visionary speculation, especially of an unrealistic or idealistic nature.

8 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

You denounced it after I called you out on it, your first action was to defend them. You didn't think before you acted in that case.

And I think it's perfectly ok when you continuously say stupid thing. It's not like I'm calling you out on it, the only reason we're talking is you personally mentioned me and brought this on yourself. I'll just leave my little bag whenever you say stupid thing and we can both do whatever we want, that's the beauty of freedom.

your being unfair painting me as a villain... I do not support homophobia... ever... i also support all unions of every person...

You argue with dishonesty which seems to be typical of the left...

id also state that you have no response to any of my messages... just calling me a defender of bigots and calling me stupid... this is work of a man that cant offer anything of value to the discussion

Edited by Bad_BOI_pete
  • RoughGame 3

22 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

your being unfair painting me as a villain... I do not support homophobia... ever... i also support all unions of every person...

You argue with dishonesty which seems to be typical of the left...

id also state that you have no response to any of my messages... just calling me a defender of bigots and calling me stupid... this is work of a man that cant offer anything of value to the discussion

"Typical of the left" - why did you have to introduce politics into this?

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

"Typical of the left" - why did you have to introduce politics into this?

Because this posters entire "debate style" is just regurgitations of Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson. They constantly refer to them and generally just mad lib one liners while talking about their IQ. Those people constantly highlight political devides, so their followers do as well.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Cheers 3