The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rangers’ Pride Night goes sideways and Chicago Blackhawks refuse to wear pride jerseys

Rate this topic

Slegr

2 hours ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

@DeNiro @Shayster007 i apologize i assumed we were having a civil conversation before i entered... if you were getting triggered because of some obvious hate... which i agree know that was homophobic... i understand why you may have been using these words... my apologies...

I want you to know, i hope the best for the pride movement... just dont think it can be forced onto anyone

Showing solidarity is not forcing anything onto anyone.

Seriously people.  It's a jersey for, what, a 15 minute warm up.  If Gay Pride isn't your main concern you've probably forgotten they were wearing them 2 minutes into the 1st period.

• Cheers 3

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is society just supposed to accept bigots and their hatred? 

A) yeah kinda as long as they dont hurt anyone

B ) you people calling everyone bigots, and that they are hateful, are completely mis-labeling people and mind reading intent into simple comments. People dont want this gay agenda stuff everywhere. We were a liberal colourblind society 15 years ago now were morphing into a diversity, inclusion, equity, commie nightmare. 

• RoughGame 6

8 minutes ago, Joe_Kerr said:

B ) you people calling everyone bigots, and that they are hateful, are completely mis-labeling people and mind reading intent into simple comments. People dont want this gay agenda stuff everywhere. We were a liberal colourblind society 15 years ago now were morphing into a diversity, inclusion, equity, commie nightmare. 

Hello Archie:

image.jpeg.086798bf76db355cd5006e9a799c48ea.jpeg

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Joe_Kerr said:

Just cause that’s the way you saw the world doesn’t mean that’s the way it was.

Easy to pretend everything’s fine when you’re living in a bubble. :picard:

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

so instead of clearing up the confusion, you refuse?

ok... seems like you don't want to have a discussion...

you stated the sentences dont tie together. if you need help understanding then ask for clarification/don’t criticize the coherence of it.

what is it you don’t understand?  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I personally would wear a pride jersey before the military camo ones that the NHL also imposes on players and fans.  That the one is controversial and the other not shows that hockey culture is still a problem.  But a bigger one is the NHL's self-appointed role as our moral conscience.  Gay rights are (quite rightly) enshrined in law here.  The battle has been won and the NHL arrived well after the fact.  Obliging public displays of support from people who disagree or think that it should be a private matter does not win their hearts and minds.  Better to set up practical support systems for gay players than to engage in virtue signalling that the sport quite frankly hasn't earned. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Is society just supposed to accept bigots and their hatred? 

more like ignore them... no need to cause fuss when they are fading out... If they commit a hate crime let the authorities deal with it...

unless of course you believe immediate actions are needed in place to curb out millions of assumed bigots... i dont know what that looks like, but shaming doesn't work... and jailing people over assumed bigotry will lead to civil war... and deportation will lead to economic failure...

why fight something you cannot change? why create war when its not needed, time will take care of it! 

Their is a consequence for this shame culture... and it will manifest itself... Jordan Peterson is talking about running for prime minister... even if he loses what if he becomes opposition leader? Jordan did not raise to fame of his own actions... he was vaulted their by the left, that tried to humiliate him

• RoughGame 2

14 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

you stated the sentences dont tie together. if you need help understanding then ask for clarification/don’t criticize the coherence of it.

what is it you don’t understand?  

i did ask you to re-write it...

do you mean you support reasonable rules and laws that supports the right to practice and demonstrate support for movements? i think most people will agree to that, on both sides of the political spectrum

i just had trouble tying the first two sentences together, and i'm struggling still. i get the jist, but not the message

4 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

Catchy non sequitur

It doesnt necessarily follow that if NHL teams change their pride jersey nights following the incident/outrage with IP, that NHL teams having pride jerseys is going to more harmful/less likely in the end.

This could simply be an uneven back and forth on the issue, not necessarily a road paved to hell.

Point being that teams saw the outrage directed towards Provorov, and decided it wasn't worth risking that happen to their players.

If the fans didn't make a big deal of it, Rangers and Hawks don't change anything.

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

Point being that teams saw the outrage directed towards Provorov, and decided it wasn't worth risking that happen to their players.

If the fans didn't make a big deal of it, Rangers and Hawks don't change anything.

You take it as a given that fans are to blame for this but is entirely reasonable to question how teams have handled the situation. That’s begging the question.

1 hour ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

i did ask you to re-write it...

do you mean you support reasonable rules and laws that supports the right to practice and demonstrate support for movements? i think most people will agree to that, on both sides of the political spectrum

i just had trouble tying the first two sentences together, and i'm struggling still. i get the jist, but not the message

Ill get back to you shortly

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

You take it as a given that fans are to blame for this but is entirely reasonable to question how teams have handled the situation. That’s begging the question.

Oh I don't think teams have handled this well, particularly the Flyers.

However, none of us here can control the actions that teams or players make. We can control our reactions though.

Fan reaction has led to a negative outcome, therefore I criticize it.

Edited by Master Mind

44 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Oh I don't think teams have handled this well, particularly the Flyers.

However, none of us here can control the actions that teams or players make. We can control our reactions though.

Fan reaction has led to a negative outcome, therefore I criticize it.

And youre still begging the question why fan reaction is out of step.  Seems justified to me.

Edited by Angry Goose
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1