The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Let's hope we get a top 3 pick.  All 3 of those guys are franchise players I think.  If people don't think that the tank is on right now then I don't know what to say.  Both Horvat and Mikheyev are out.  Schenn might be next.  Maybe Boeser.  Maybe even Demko.  We do have a legit shot at a top 3 pick IMO...

I don't think people question the direction of the ship.  I think it's Bettman that people question in terms of the top 3 picks

2 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

If we don't win the Connor Bedard sweepstakes how many seasons until we can get him as a UFA. Is it 7 seasons? 3 years on ELC then 4 on a contract? Would put him at 26? years old ... Serious question folks

10 years from now, so the 2032-2033 season

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Islanders have alot of older forwards, 30+.  Plus they just traded their top prospect and haven't had a 1st round pick in 4 years.  Not sure how long their window will be.  Maybe 3-4 years.  Lou is all in on this trade.  If it doesn't work out then they will need to get rid of Lou and tear it all down...

Sounds promising for our first rounder....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Damn it, you read my post before my edit.

You got more to read. 

All is well and Timrå plays alright for now.

We don’t eat pickled herring here.

The can(in the film) with the fermented fish we eat is made in Timrå.

So you should order a few cans yourself and man up. ::D

THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!!   thank you :) 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Canuck You said:

What's so crazy is that if NYI falls far out of a playoff spot they can slip Bo at the deadline. Smart move by Lou, But I'm content with our return.

I don't think it's a smart move by Lou. He'd probably lose his job if that happened. 

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

What's so crazy is that if NYI falls far out of a playoff spot they can slip Bo at the deadline. Smart move by Lou, But I'm content with our return.

He’d probably be able to get more value in return with the retained cap. No risk move, well kind of.

Islanders are heading to yet another draft without a 1st, making it 5 years.

Edited by Odd.

Just now, Odd. said:

Doubt he takes a bridge. ELC + 7 year contract takes him to 10 seasons 

No way he wants to play in  ARI or CLB. The off ice endorsements he would make here vs in those cities would be night and day. He would put in minimum service time then come here or at least be UFA to then go where he wants. Money won't be the issue, he'll get it anywhere

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

Sighing Sigh GIF

sigh...even though we all knew it was going to happen....sigh...Thank you Bo for everything....My Captain...I guess we'll see how all this pans out...but why are the Nucks retaining some of Bo's salary? ....hows that going to help our cap Hell? and no RHD.....wtf....

At first glance, I find this trade underwhelming.  I will reserve first judgement on this trade till I see what Meier gets at the TDL.  This trade might've set the market, and if so, it might be OK.  If SJ gets better for Meier, then I will view this trade as bad.

• elephant 1