The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

It feels like when Kramer gets scalded by the coffee and he and Jackie Fields go to the company for a settlement and the company is going to give Kramer $50k, but leads with "we'll give you free coffee for life" and Kramer jumps up and yells "DEAL".

PA is Kramer

Edited by stawns
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think Allvin likes Beauvillier. Mentioned multiple times he's seen him in the playoffs (at his best).

If he can score at a 20 goal pace next year he could be an asset at the deadline. And in the meanwhile maybe he can help the PK. This is alot closer to taking on a year of something like Garland than someone like Eriksson or Roussel.

What leads you to believe AB is going to get anywhere near 20 goals?

Lou Lam has been trying to get rid of that contract for awhile now and couldn't find a sucker, until now.  The deeper you look, the more you can see how Lou played PA.

9 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I dunno man I think we tend to over value our guys like Miller last year. 

Bo is a 60 pt guy with intangibles he's about to get paid like a ppg guy. Which diminishes his value. The question will be can he keep up this pace or does he crash back to earth once pen hits paper. 

Bo is the best chip on the market this year.  They could have and should have got a better deal........and I love Raty

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

What leads you to believe AB is going to get anywhere near 20 goals?

Lou Lam has been trying to get rid of that contract for awhile now and couldn't find a sucker, until now.  The deeper you look, the more you can see how Lou played PA.

He's scored at a 20+ pace 3 times (once hitting 20) and a 25 goal pace in the playoffs. He's got ability.

16 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I dunno man I think we tend to over value our guys like Miller last year. 

Bo is a 60 pt guy with intangibles he's about to get paid like a ppg guy. Which diminishes his value. The question will be can he keep up this pace or does he crash back to earth once pen hits paper. 

Can Bo stay a ppg player?

image.gif.77be74da44e0e714a5e262c4e7633b8a.gif

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Bo is the best chip on the market this year.  They could have and should have got a better deal........and I love Raty

Meier is the best player on the market this year. Let’s see what he goes for before we claim we should have got a better deal.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

28 minutes ago, stawns said:

I get the protection.........then don't take back a cap dump winger and don't retain and relinquish your ability to use cap space at the tdl, draft etc.

When you dig into this trade, Lou really pulled one over on PA, imo.

Because Beauvillier and his 4 mil cap dump is going to make it impossible for us to contend and win the cup next season.

• Haha 2
  • elephant 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Can Bo stay a ppg player?

image.gif.77be74da44e0e714a5e262c4e7633b8a.gif

He won't be PPG from here on out.

My guess is that Bo will re-sign with the Islanders shortly for 8 years x 8 mil.

Then he will go back to the player he was; taking less risk and play more conservatively.

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

I get the protection.........then don't take back a cap dump winger and don't retain and relinquish your ability to use cap space at the tdl, draft etc.

When you dig into this trade, Lou really pulled one over on PA, imo.

AB is a proven playoff guy on a good cap allocation.  Those guys return a second (at least) as coming UFAs at TDLs.  So in 2024 AB gets us a second at the TDL.  And until then he’s a solid middle six guy who plays PK, hounds pucks, and scores 15-25 goals.  Add to that Raty and (very likely) a top 5 pick in 2024 and that’s a fabulous return for a 60 point centre who struggles defensively. 

4 minutes ago, jyu said:

Because Beauvillier and his 4 mil cap dump is going to make it impossible for us to contend and win the cup next season.

It's going to prevent them from using cap space as a tool to get young players and/or picks at the tdl and draft, absolutely.  Horvat is on an expiring contract, taking back that much cap for another season and retaining 25% on Horvat this year is bad and does nothing to provide any of the cap flexibility everyone wants 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think I've been pretty staunchly anti JR/PA since the get go when most were so high that JB was gone I was listening to their 1st pressers and thinking welll $#!t these 2 are worse. 

I will say I think this is probably the best deal we were going to get. 

Carlo's head is mushy Lysell is a scoop more Lekkerimaki and Bos 1st is prob 32oa with Bo 

As much as I have been one of the more vocal anti JR posters I think last year they just wanted to kick the can down the road and we are now seeing that this isn't a re tool we are in a rebuild. More dominoes will fall this is just the beginning.

I don't think they expected Brock to crap the bed but maybe it's for the best because his bad contract has precipitated this.

I still think Miller is their guy and Tocc is going to try to get his game back on track.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Meier is the best player on the market this year. Let’s see what he goes for before we claim we should have got a better deal.

And ROR and Toews. Rentals too and proven Cup winning defensively sound centres. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, hammertime said:

I think I've been pretty staunchly anti JR/PA since the get go when most were so high that JB was gone I was listening to their 1st pressers and thinking welll $#!t these 2 are worse. 

I will say I think this is probably the best deal we were going to get. 

Carlo's head is mushy Lysell is a scoop more Lekkerimaki and Bos 1st is prob 32oa with Bo 

As much as I have been one of the more vocal anti JR posters I think last year they just wanted to kick the can down the road and we are now seeing that this isn't a re tool we are in a rebuild. More dominoes will fall this is just the beginning.

I don't think they expected Brock to crap the bed but maybe it's for the best because his bad contract has precipitated this.

I still think Miller is their guy and Tocc is going to try to get his game back on track.

If it's a rebuild, why take back cap on an expiring deal "and" retain on Horvat this year?  No one can tell me that they couldn't have done better than that 

I'd far, far rather just have Raty and the protected first and use the cap space at the tdl.