The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

Enjoy the fans when they don’t like your contributions when you are paid 8.5 a year. You might make the playoffs on the island but islanders are the wild of the east. Good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to win anything when they make it. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

there was no rumors to be 7 during the summer prior to the signing of Miller. i would have bet he would be signed for around 6.5 if management didn't bother to have no contract negotiation with horvat the entire summer until after Miller was signed and then started the negotiation by asking him to take a pay cut. if it was between Horvat at 6.5 or miller at 8 i would have taken horvat at 6.5 not because he's the better player.. but he's the better fit player on this team. Miller is a great player when he wants to be, but his antic on the ice when things doesn't go his way rubs a lot of people the wrong way including his teammates and long term a 2c at 6.5mil is better than a 2c at 8mil.. assuming our competition window is in 2-4 years.. Miller is pretty much guaranteed he won't be a PPG by then.. small chance he might be but i'm willing to bet he's not.. most players at 31+ declines.. you guys will always point out the exceptions.. but odds are Miller is not an exception. 

if you don't pay secondary more than 7mil a year and hope to be successful then why did we pay Miller 8mil? coz he's definitely not the primary player now with EP being the guy.. and he definitely won't be a primary player 3 years from now.

JT miller is the only Canuck not named Pavel Bure to average more than a PPG in his Canucks career, had 99 points last year and is a PPG this year as well. On what planet is JT Miller a secondary player? Just because he’s not our BEST player at this point in time doesn’t mean he’s not a secondary player. The JT slander on this forum is ridiculous. 

Tell me what player you’re going to get with the 1-1.5 million in savings if we picked Horvat? Are you going to sign a 4th line plug with that money? Jayson Megna, Curtis Lazar? Damn we’d be way better off hey? You’re basing this 6.5 on rumours, Fact is he didn’t sign for that much, he was offered 7ish from us and ended up getting 8.5. On no planet and on no team is Horvat superior to Miller and he ended up getting more money than him. It’s pretty ridiculous.

It goes to show you how much being a nice guy and a captain gets you overpaid. I’d rather have a team of Aholes than a bunch of namby pambies. You know who else is notorious for being a bit of an AHOLE? Nathan Mackinnon. He’s got a cup now. Doughty is as well, Kucherov, the Boston Bruins organization

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • There it is 1

26 minutes ago, HKSR said:

And there's also many, many fans here that supported him through it all.  For him to say something like that lacks class and respect no matter what.

sure but he's comparing the fan involvement/excitment and he ain't wrong. there was 0 fan involvement/excitement throughout his tenure in vancouver. the team sucked every year and fans dont give af other than whats going on at TDL/draft/free agency.. the only time that we were decent was during the bubble with 0 fan involvement/excitement.. and during games against some opponents.. the visiting teams fan almost out number the home team and definitely louder too.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What a loser. :lol:

Does he think he’s Marchand now? Doesn’t suit him at all.

Easy to cheer for the Isles to miss now!

I don't even think Marchand would ever turn around and say crap about his previous teams fan base.  It's rare to see any pro athlete say anything bad about fans, let alone the previous captain of the team.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

sure but he's comparing the fan involvement/excitment and he ain't wrong. there was 0 fan involvement/excitement throughout his tenure in vancouver. the team sucked every year and fans dont give af other than whats going on at TDL/draft/free agency.. the only time that we were decent was during the bubble with 0 fan involvement/excitement.. and during games against some opponents.. the visiting teams fan almost out number the home team and definitely louder too.

Still doesn't mean he had to say ANYTHING about the Canucks fans.  He could have left it at talking only about how great the NYI fans are.  It was a shot at the fan base here.  It was classless.

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1
  • elephant 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I don't even think Marchand would ever turn around and say crap about his previous teams fan base.  It's rare to see any pro athlete say anything bad about fans, let alone the previous captain of the team.

Yep the elephant showing his true colours.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • elephant 1

2 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

JT miller is the only Canuck not named Pavel Bure to average more than a PPG in his Canucks career, had 99 points last year and is a PPG this year as well. On what planet is JT Miller a secondary player? Just because he’s not our BEST player at this point in time doesn’t mean he’s not a secondary player. The JT slander on this forum is ridiculous. 

Tell me what player you’re going to get with the 1-1.5 million in savings if we picked Horvat? Are you going to sign a 4th line plug with that money? Jayson Megna, Curtis Lazar? Damn we’d be way better off hey? You’re basing this 6.5 on rumours, Fact is he didn’t sign for that much, he was offered 7ish from us and ended up getting 8.5. On no planet and on no team is Horvat superior to Miller and he ended up getting more money than him. It’s pretty ridiculous.

It goes to show you how much being a nice guy and a captain gets you overpaid. I’d rather have a team of Aholes than a bunch of namby pambies. You know who else is notorious for being a bit of an AHOLE? Nathan Mackinnon. He’s got a cup now. Doughty is as well, Kucherov, the Boston Bruins organization

lol nathan mackinnon teammate loves him coz he backs it up by not taking a shift off ever.. Miller? ya no.. have any of them ever even have a glimpse of rumor regarding whether or not their teammate loves them? dont think so.. Mackinnon Doughty Kucherov Boston etc are all a holes towards other teams.. Miller on occasion is ahole towards other teams and his own teammates big difference. and on what planet is Miller a secondary player? this one? with the game on the line and needing a goal.. pretty sure it's EP out there with his line and not Miller unless they pull the goalie and stack the lines. Miller right now can be argued is still a primary player.. but will he be 2 years from now? prolly not? is he paid 8mil? yes will he be a secondary player 2-3 years down the line? more than likely? unless you think this team is winning the cup next season or 2 then ya like u said we won't be winning a cup if we are paying secondary players 8+ million.

• Wat 2

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Still doesn't mean he had to say ANYTHING about the Canucks fans.  He could have left it at talking only about how great the NYI fans are.  It was a shot at the fan base here.  It was classless.

so are you saying we are classless then coz we are still taking shots at him after he's traded and have nothing to do with the team in any way shape or form. not everyone but a good chunk

• Wat 1

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

so are you saying we are classless then coz we are still taking shots at him after he's traded and have nothing to do with the team in any way shape or form. not everyone but a good chunk

We are not a collective unit of one.  There were many, many, many fans that supported Bo throughout his career and still supported him when he was traded.  For him to take a shot at this fanbase includes taking a shot at those that were always on "his side".  Can you honestly think of any other former captain of a team that went on to another team and took a public verbal shot back at the previous team's fanbase?  It doesn't happen often if at all because it's a classless act.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

We are not a collective unit of one.  There were many, many, many fans that supported Bo throughout his career and still supported him when he was traded.  For him to take a shot at this fanbase includes taking a shot at those that were always on "his side".  Can you honestly think of any other former captain of a team that went on to another team and took a public verbal shot back at the previous team's fanbase?  It doesn't happen often if at all because it's a classless act.

lol just coz he said better than vancouver doesn't even mean anything.. so because he said better than vancouver = he's calling vancouver fan trash? it could simply means vancouver fan was great.. but this is even better in terms of atmosphere coz it's a playoff atmosphere something he never experienced in vancouver... i have no issues with that and i don't view it classless. vancouver fans are easily offended.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

11 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol nathan mackinnon teammate loves him coz he backs it up by not taking a shift off ever.. Miller? ya no.. have any of them ever even have a glimpse of rumor regarding whether or not their teammate loves them? dont think so.. Mackinnon Doughty Kucherov Boston etc are all a holes towards other teams.. Miller on occasion is ahole towards other teams and his own teammates big difference. and on what planet is Miller a secondary player? this one? with the game on the line and needing a goal.. pretty sure it's EP out there with his line and not Miller unless they pull the goalie and stack the lines. Miller right now can be argued is still a primary player.. but will he be 2 years from now? prolly not? is he paid 8mil? yes will he be a secondary player 2-3 years down the line? more than likely? unless you think this team is winning the cup next season or 2 then ya like u said we won't be winning a cup if we are paying secondary players 8+ million.

So you’d rather be paying Horvat 7 mill to be a secondary player today and a tertiary player a few years down the line? Got it. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

9 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol just coz he said better than vancouver doesn't even mean anything.. so because he said better than vancouver = he's calling vancouver fan trash? it could simply means vancouver fan was great.. but this is even better in terms of atmosphere coz it's a playoff atmosphere something he never experienced in vancouver... i have no issues with that and i don't view it classless. vancouver fans are easily offended.

I don't have an issue with it either but it was clearly a shot

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Omg he didn't need to mention Vancouver at all :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

I think Bo was a regular CDC voyeur, and after seeing @Alflives regular commentary since the trade, it broke his heart. 

or maybe he was hoping the team would flounder a little bit in the wake of his loss. Sad to say this club hasn’t missed a beat since.

I find his remarks pretty candid but could come across as a joking “parting shot”. But, I also hear some  resentment though, as the panel indicated. He sounds a bit hurt.  Especially when he backs up his statement with “I can tell you that for free”.  Funny shit. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1