The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Good thing you’re not GM then, because that is flat out moronic. 

What’s moronic is all of you crying over a lame duck captain who just called you all out. I clearly also stated in my comment that I was ecstatic at our return meaning if I was GM I would’ve traded him too. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

You get excited about 23rd place with 3 games left if you want. I don't have too. People are allowed to be different. What crap am I spewing? That it's petty to sh!t on a player on a different team that has nothing to do with us, and doesn't deserve it, in order to make yourself feel better?

So what, now being a Canuck fan is measured by how much you bad mouth former players? Pretty lofty and admirable standards there Deb.

Yeah so we should also stop bad mouthing Messier right?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

What’s moronic is all of you crying over a lame duck captain who just called you all out. I clearly also stated in my comment that I was ecstatic at our return meaning if I was GM I would’ve traded him too. 

Nah I’m not that soft that I get riled up over a guy pumped with his new team. Funny that the ones calling him a soft captain are the ones crying the most over a nothingburger. 

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

We are trying to change the fortunes of our club. Dumping Bo and getting an elite #2 D man in return was extremely important to make us better. New Beau and Raty are bonuses. If we just got Hronek for Bo, that’s a huge win for us. Especially considering Bo’s new contract. We can’t have our 3C eating 8.5 x 8. 

I don't care how many times you say it.  It actually sounds dumber each time.  Horvat is not a third line player.  Hasn't been one for some time and won't be one for some time.  Get your head out of the sand.  You are such a hater and for no apparent reason.

• Cheers 1

Bo was great to have on the team but I never liked him as a captain and we would have gone nowhere for forever more if he would have stayed on with this team.  I don't mean that in any disrespectful way.  It's a team sport but if you keep the same players and tinker with things you will likely get the same result.  Bo is a great $6M/yr player on a team but not $8M/yr and not as your captain.

Hopefully he doesn't get booed for his comments.  They were strange comments to make for him but given his history here I think we turn a blind eye for now and wish him well.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Nah I’m not that soft that I get riled up over a guy pumped with his new team. Funny that the ones calling him a soft captain are the ones crying the most over a nothingburger. 

I’m not hurt over him saying whatever buddy. Look at my post history I’ve always been anti Horvat. Look at my other comment you responded too earlier, I stated I never liked Horvat. It’s not my fault reading comprehension isn’t a requirement to post here but if someone is going to keep misunderstanding my posts on here and continue to smugly respond I’m going to clarify my comments until they understand. 

Ultimately, freedom of speech exists, so if I want to criticize former players, I will

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Maybe those licking their poor widdle wounds can read this and move on. 

You really talk down to those of us with a differing opinion but it's unnecessary. You're better than that.

You told me to "move on", are now telling others to move on. May I suggest maybe you practice what you preach and do the same if this is all you have to offer?

Tough guy bravado is so outdated. It's ok to have feelings and emotions...even to feel hurt. It's 2023 not 1968.

Those using words like "crying" really do that to deflect from the point and it's ineffective. Commenting and responding is what this forum is based on. We don't have to love everything Bo does and we don't love this. And that's ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

I’m not hurt over him saying whatever buddy. Look at my post history I’ve always been anti Horvat. Look at my other comment you responded too earlier, I stated I never liked Horvat. It’s not my fault reading comprehension isn’t a requirement to post here but if someone is going to keep misunderstanding my posts on here and continue to smugly respond I’m going to clarify my comments until they understand. 

Ultimately, freedom of speech exists, so if I want to criticize former players, I will

Good for you. 

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Is that surprising though? He had not shown any inclination that he was more concerned about winning a championship over money. Like I said, he said one thing and continued to do another. JR knew that and so made him expendable. Maybe they told him that and that is why he is so disgruntled over Vancouver.

Complete made up garbage, as usual. 

I bet he just meant to say it's nice to go on a playoff push unlike in Vancouver where he never really got that chance, but the reporter specifically mentioned the fans, maybe he didn't clock that? Years of facing harsh media as a captain, you don't make that slip up.

I think he was just trying to complement his new team and endear himself to his new fans.

It's a shame, if he didn't make these comments I don't think anyone would care about him anymore but now when he returns he's going to get booed every time he touches the puck, all because of one short comment. Deserved though.

I look forward to seeing how Quinn leads this team better. A quiet guy on the ice but apparently quite a leader developing in the locker room. I know JT seems vocal on the ice, Petey not so much, but I think team mates would respect Hughes because of the work horse he is and how badly he wants to win. When Quinn talks, you listen.

Edited by DownUndaCanuck
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

He wasn't great but he wasn't bad.

He didn't inspire but he probably wasn't harmful either. 

He wasn't Linden but he wasn't Messier either. 

As far as I’m concerned, no one has equaled Linden as captain of this franchise. I don’t care how active in the community Hank was, for me, it’s not the same as being a leader in the room and on the ice. 
Being a fan favourite doesn’t make a player a great captain. Hopefully EP40 understands that beginning next season. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1