The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

7 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Nope. The constant shitting on him is nauseating and again, I’ll post whatever I want about whomever I want. Don’t need your validation. 

I hope you remember this the next time you are one of the perps.

Loui and Dahlen had it much much worse here with real life consequences and that was really fine with you.

Loui is even used as a bad emoji here and you use it constantly.

Grow up hypocrit

Edited by Timråfan
  • Like 2
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

Dave Keon came to the Leafs when I was 10. He was my favourite player. If people said nasty stuff about him I got upset and stood up for my guy. I can understand why a young kid will defend his favourite player.  

Do you still have your Keon PJs? :lol: (kidding)

4 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Loui and Dahlen had it much much worse here with real life consequences and that was really fine with you.

Grow up hypocrit

Bo was a solid worker and never a detriment to the team here. Loui was pathetic and Dahlen is not an NHLer. Not even remotely on Horvat’s level combined. 

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Grow up hypocrit

Both of those two were not useful players too the team at all, are you upset because they are Swedish?

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Both of those two were not useful players too the team at all, are you upset because they are Swedish?

Nope, it’s all about how a GM adresses a situation so if PA does the same as Benning did I will be as hard on PA and he’s a swede.

Benning like to save his own face like another moron called Trump so I dislike both of them for that reason.

So swedes has nothing to do with it.

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Nope, it’s all about how a GM adresses a situation so if PA does the same as Benning did I will be as hard on PA and he’s a swede.

Benning like to save his own face like another moron called Trump so I dislike both of them for that reason.

Both of those players were complete tools… why do you care

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Well at least we agree on a few things Timra. That being said; Loui did not live up to the expectations of his contract and the fans. It happens, you will note that I do not recall using the Loui emoji and if I did it was very seldom. Loui is not the first player to struggle on a new team; it happens. As for Dahlen; I do not know what transpired in Utica so I really can't comment on how it went down.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Bo was a solid worker and never a detriment to the team here. Loui was pathetic and Dahlen is not an NHLer. Not even remotely on Horvat’s level combined. 

He was solid here.

I don't really have any ill will towards him.

Personally everybody but the Islanders got what they wanted.

We got Bo during a time where he played better than his contract value and then traded him and a 2nd for essentially Hronek, AB and Raty which was a massive win.

Bo got what he wanted which was to get paid

Only the Islanders got screwed which is having to pay Bo a lot of money for a lot of years while losing AB Raty and a 1st.

It'll look even worse if they miss the playoffs

What I find uncharateristic was that Bo never said a cheeky / contentious thing the whole time he was in Vancouver and then first thing he does when he gets out is takes a pot shot at his old team which he was the captain of.  That I did not expect from Bo. I expected classy from beginning to end.  I think it goes to show that there probably was a few things that went negative near the end of his career here.  Starting from a lowball offer from management to fans calling him out for signing an offer we didnt think he was deserving of etc.  Shows that he probably wants to prove a lot of naysayers wrong.  Problem is, most of us are probably correct in thinking that this year's version of Bo was an anomoly

• Cheers 3

24 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Both of those players were complete tools… why do you care

The GM is a leader. 
The culture of the team is affected by the leader. 
If you put shat at the top it drips down the whole organisation. 
If the Canucks want to win that kind of leader should be forbidden.

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

The GM is a leader. 
The culture of the team is affected by the leader. 
If you put shat at the top it drips down the whole organisation. 
If the Canucks want to win that kind of leader should be forbidden.

Doesn’t matter who was GM, use any GM you want … those two Swedish players were useless.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

So Bo supposed to turn down that offer? not sure what the issue is? :lol:

Yeah

If Lou had his hands tied and offered a beer leaguer like me 8.5m, I dont care that I dont deserve it or will never live up to expectations. I'm running to go sign that contract.

You guys can boo me all you want.  I'll dry my tears with crisp new $100 bills.

Same for anyone here.  If you know your employer would give you a massive raise, why wouldn't you ask for one?

• Cheers 2