The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Well 118 hits in 64 games with a TOI avg of 18m,  and still a mainstay of the pk.

Nothing wrong with that .

… but I’m sure you enjoy the smell of weed,

and are frequently invited to Canucks greatest Coach  e v e r ,  Willy D’s weenie roasts through the Summer with Chaput, Megna, and Linden V.

Got anything post 2022?

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Well 118 hits in 64 games with a TOI avg of 18m,  and still a mainstay of the pk.

Nothing wrong with that .

… but I’m sure you enjoy the smell of weed,

and are frequently invited to Canucks greatest Coach  e v e r ,  Willy D’s weenie roasts through the Summer with Chaput, Megna, and Linden V.

I'm sorry Sam I'm not trina break yer balls here. When he was a kid and we had him and B Hutt lookin like stud muffins and the Sedins in their twilight there was potential. But he didn't want to ride the bike or put in the work being an NHL player requires. He's happier in the K and that's totally fine.  Infact I respect it. Quality of life for you and your family above all else. 

He will be 29 here soon and hasn't progressed. He's a 6/7D in the NHL. When you hear Tocc talk about sacrifice he'd be a group C guy and we know how that went with Willie D it's not gonna be any different. 

Tryamkin has it good. No reason to come over here. He and his wife and kids living the dream over in Russia. 

The only way we sign him should without question be with an agreement for him to play in Abby and earn it. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

I don't get the love for this guy. Cause he's tall and big everyone thinks he's Chara. He's a fringe NHLer are best

Doesn’t take much to win over Canucks fans apparently. :lol:

79 games of average play and a couple big hits is enough to make some fans long for this guys return. And he’s just gonna slot right in to the first pair somehow!

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

79 games of average play and a couple big hits is enough to make some fans long for this guys return. And he’s just gonna slot right in to the first pair somehow!

Who said that?

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We've already got a big tall guy who hits, and the fans hate him haha. Tryamkin wishes he was the player Myers is, and some people have such a love-in for him. It's fascinating :lol:

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How long was Tree Beard's first shift with us?  5 seconds? :lol:

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I'm sorry Sam I'm not trina break yer balls here. When he was a kid and we had him and B Hutt lookin like stud muffins and the Sedins in their twilight there was potential. But he didn't want to ride the bike or put in the work being an NHL player requires. He's happier in the K and that's totally fine.  Infact I respect it. Quality of life for you and your family above all else. 

He will be 29 here soon and hasn't progressed. He's a 6/7D in the NHL. When you hear Tocc talk about sacrifice he'd be a group C guy and we know how that went with Willie D it's not gonna be any different. 

Tryamkin has it good. No reason to come over here. He and his wife and kids living the dream over in Russia. 

The only way we sign him should without question be with an agreement for him to play in Abby and earn it. 

Why you sorry ?

some kind of passive aggressive thingy ?

Great assessment = Ben Hutton lol

anyway ,  I’ll leave you to baiting, and selling ice cream.

…. Ben Hutton lol.

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Don't you think if he was any good he would be at least a top pairing D in the KHL?

His game is diffrent,.  It’s shutdown D, intimidation, with above average skating and coordination.

same type of game as Zadorov,.   but not a 4m ticket.

I didn’t think we needed any more skilled small framed D.

10 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

We've already got a big tall guy who hits, and the fans hate him haha. Tryamkin wishes he was the player Myers is, and some people have such a love-in for him. It's fascinating :lol:

6 meeeellion dollars worth of Myers ,. keeping him and resigning would be your move,.  Not mine.

• Cheers 1

On 5/1/2023 at 9:51 AM, N7Nucks said:

He's a LD. This idea he can play RD was made up by fans. I doubt we run Hughes RD either. Feel like we tried that already and given Tocchet preaches defense having an already meh defender playing their off side probably isn't happening. 

On 5/1/2023 at 11:13 AM, Captain Canuck #12 said:

As much as I'd love to give Tryamkin another try, I think that you're quite correct to say that it's wishful thinking to imagine Tocchet would slot him into a RHD position when he's a left shooter.

I don't care one way or the other if we "get" him back, and I have some concerns about his level of commitment if we do, given how he left last time. But IIRC, he's almost exclusively played RHD, despite being a lefty for pretty much his entire career. It's not something "fans made up".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

I don't care one way or the other if we "get" him back, and I have some concerns about his level of commitment if we do, given how he left last time. But IIRC, he's almost exclusively played RHD, despite being a lefty for pretty much his entire career. It's not something "fans made up".

I have concerns about any nhl player that gets convinced by his wife to move so she can focus on her career.  

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Personally agent,  seeing the contingency of RuZ players on our team now,  especially with a Russian/ Player/ Coach in Gonchar,.  I don’t think atmosphere and communication is anything like what it was when he first arrived as a 21 year old.

Just now, SilentSam said:

Personally agent,  seeing the contingency of RuZ players on our team now,  especially with a Russian/ Player/ Coach in Gonchar,.  I don’t think atmosphere and communication is anything like what it was when he first arrived as a 21 year old.

Sure, and that's great. He still showed a lack of commitment to training/actually hacking it in the NHL, and ran home to Russia instead of prioritizing his hockey career. You don't get to, or stay in the NHL, by dipping your toes in part way. That's not the kind of players we need.

Has he matured? Possibly? But anyone's concern about his commitment is perfectly valid, given his actions.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

6 meeeellion dollars worth of Myers ,. keeping him and resigning would be your move,.  Not mine.

Myers is overpaid, but Myers is a way better player than Tryamkin and Tryamkin is not a replacement for Myers. I also would prefer if we were able to trade Myers, if we are able to get a real replacement for him, no where did I say I wanted to re-sign him. Though Myers at 4mil is a serviceable defenseman, and on most teams Top 4. 

Tryamkin would be a replacement for our 7th D, he is not better than OEL, Myers, Hughes, Bear, Schenn(if we resign him), and is likely going to be asking for too much money to be a 7th dman.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Sure, and that's great. He still showed a lack of commitment to training/actually hacking it in the NHL, and ran home to Russia instead of prioritizing his hockey career. You don't get to, or stay in the NHL, by dipping your toes in part way. That's not the kind of players we need.

Has he matured? Possibly? But anyone's concern about his commitment is perfectly valid, given his actions.

One season..   his first ..  with Desjardins trying to break him , rather than work with him.

Desjardins never even spoke to him..  his (WD’s) own words.

no one in the team spoke Russian.

Was not a good time here unless your name was Chaput Megna or Vey,.   

I think Mcann was even shafted by Willie.

Some players do deserve different attention than others for obvious reasons,. 

but the preferential treatment the above 3 players got in comparison to the attention (or lack of) Tryamkin got was obvious.

I compliment what management is doing now with respect to communicating to the RuZ players we have.

Its a different world they come from in contrast to the world we were born into.

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Myers is overpaid, but Myers is a way better player than Tryamkin and Tryamkin is not a replacement for Myers. I also would prefer if we were able to trade Myers, if we are able to get a real replacement for him, no where did I say I wanted to re-sign him. Though Myers at 4mil is a serviceable defenseman, and on most teams Top 4. 

Tryamkin would be a replacement for our 7th D, he is not better than OEL, Myers, Hughes, Bear, Schenn(if we resign him), and is likely going to be asking for too much money to be a 7th dman.

You can keep your opinion,  the only way you’ll be validated on it is if he plays here.

… and if that happens and your right ,  I will acknowledge that .

but I totally disagree with you.

• Thanks 2