The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

14 minutes ago, TopChed said:

You're overstating him as an enforcer. 

Who said enforcer?

.. any 21 year old that can shutdown and take Jamie Benn out of the game gets my endorsement .

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, TopChed said:

You're overstating him as an enforcer. 

He’s not an enforcer at all but he is a deterrent.  Anybody on the ice knows that he can fight and that it won’t likely go well for them if it happens.  We need that more than an enforcer which is not much of a thing anymore.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

13 minutes ago, TopChed said:

owl think GIF

You havent watched him play,  and you don’t need to.

no one has ever called him an enforcer, but you seem to think someone has.

He is a very good pk’r. Shutdown D man, his speed , size and coordination is above average .

He would pair nicely with any Skilled , lighter, D man as a great guard.

His D board work is intimidating.

…. and get this ground breaking news sporto,

we are cap strapped as a team ,

and he would probably sign for around 2 mil just to work with Gonchar and a larger RuZ contingency of players than what there was before.

It’s an opportunity for player and management.

How much are you willing to spend for our D core , and what type of player would that be?

.. now you can dance.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 3

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

who needs to grouse grind when you can grab a guy with one oven mit on, and clobber him 3 times with the “toaster” ?

people who want to play hockey at an nhl level. 

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, tas said:

people who want to play hockey at an nhl level. 

So they do this everyday Tas?

or is it just some kind of team building event once a year?

Do all NHL players do it ?

Did Byfuglien,  or any other player in the NHL do it?

or is it just some kind of fan fare rallying cry?

How does it work if you come from a foreign country ?

is it well known?

Show me stats and abstracts please :) 

Edited by SilentSam

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

You havent watched him play,  and you don’t need to.

no one has ever called him an enforcer, but you seem to think someone has.

He is a very good pk’r. Shutdown D man, his speed , size and coordination is above average .

He would pair nicely with any Skilled , lighter, D man as a great guard.

His D board work is intimidating.

…. and get this ground breaking news sporto,

we are cap strapped as a team ,

and he would probably sign for around 2 mil just to work with Gonchar and a larger RuZ contingency of players than what there was before.

It’s an opportunity for player and management.

How much are you willing to spend for our D core , and what type of player would that be?

.. now you can dance.

His WAR is bad (penalties, offense, ice time) but his EV defense his second year was at 50+ percentile, and his PK at 45% (also likely improved) is good. So your eye test does match the analytics. Better defense, PKing, bigger, and more physical than Gudbranson at a far cheaper price. Plays how we wish Tyler Myers would play (although Myers should also be putting up 30-40 points at his salary). 

Tryamkin is not a top 4 guy but I'd love to bring him back as a 6/7 as he can play both sides. Maybe split time with Wolanin if Hirose goes to Abby or can just flat out replce Myers

Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, Text, Face, Head, Document

Edited by canucklehead44
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

58 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

So they do this everyday Tas?

or is it just some kind of team building event once a year?

Do all NHL players do it ?

Did Byfuglien,  or any other player in the NHL do it?

or is it just some kind of fan fare rallying cry?

How does it work if you come from a foreign country ?

is it well known?

Show me stats and abstracts please :) 

they need to be able to do it is the point. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

The report translated from Russian, differs slightly from the Tweet quoted:

Defender Nikita Tryamkin told about his career plans in an interview with SE. Former defender of "Motorist" Nikita Tryamkin does not comment on his future.

- I'll say this: I'm not negotiating with anyone in Russia yet, - said the hockey player. - It won't be fair. I'm waiting for a call from across the ocean, but I confess that I'm not going to wait long. And if it doesn't exist, I'll instruct the agents to look at the Russian options.

It should be noted that in both the KHL and the NHL, Tryamkin is an unlimited free agent.

This season, the 28-year-old defender scored 11 (2+9) points in 64 regular season matches. In the NHL, he played 79 games at Vancouver and scored 11 (3+8) points.

3 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

His WAR is bad (penalties, offense, ice time) but his EV defense his second year was at 50+ percentile, and his PK at 45% (also likely improved) is good. So your eye test does match the analytics. Better defense, PKing, bigger, and more physical than Gudbranson at a far cheaper price. Plays how we wish Tyler Myers would play (although Myers should also be putting up 30-40 points at his salary). 

Tryamkin is not a top 4 guy but I'd love to bring him back as a 6/7 as he can play both sides. Maybe split time with Wolanin if Hirose goes to Abby or can just flat out replce Myers

Could contain: Adult, Male, Man, Person, Text, Face, Head, Document

Good view of when he was here.  This is when he was actually two years younger than Hirose is now.  3rd pair is the floor for him if he never improved over the next 6 years, but that is unlikely and he likely is a 2nd pair D now.  He could actually pair nicely with Hirose on the 3rd pair and potentially work up from that to maybe pair with Hronek or OEL.  I think he gives us a lot of lineup options and flexibility if we bring him back.  He's right in his prime as well, so it lines up nicely. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This was 8 years ago Tas.

Young kid in a foreign country.

What about all the other swedes, finns russians, Slovakian etc... all moved to north America? 

Tryamkin might be good physically, bit mentally he's weak. I mean if Willie Desjardins and the smell of weed is too much for him how's he going handle the pressure of nhl? He couldn't make it through an entire season.

If you've ever talked to scouts having good mental attributes are just as valuable as being big.

Someone's gonna call him a name and he'll be on the next flight back home. 

No thanks, id rather save a roster spot open for someone mentally stronger

Edited by DS4quality
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Didn't Tryamkin fall on a player and break his leg? Also, people keep saying he is not a good fighter, which is pretty much irrelevant.  The fact that he can hit you hard enough to break your leg should be a concern to anyone.  He was rag dolling guys that were 230 pounds.  I don't think anyone but a heavyweight would actually want to fight him.  A smaller guy fighting Tryamkin could hurt themselves badly if he were to land a punch or simply rag doll them to the ice...

Here is Tryamkin breaking someone's leg after falling on them, dude had to be taken off on a stretcher...

He was ok

• Haha 1