The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

7 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

tryamkin isnt coming here

a. we wont pay him as much as someone else, and he's 28, so hes going to want to get paid

b. all the prior baggage

We haven't seen any video of his play in the KHL. My opinion of the KHL is not good on the d-side. Kozmenko's season suggests my concerns are questionable. That said Tocchet's concern over Koz's d-side game validates my concern somewhat.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

We still holding onto this man? Get out of the relationship.

Jokes aside, we need to free cap and doing it to add a 3rd pair LD seems kind of stupid. Or are we still pretending we are going to buyout OEL and Tryamkin will actually fill that hole? Maybe we are stupid.

Its true we need to free up cap, but are we just going to run with horses we've got?

if so I fear, we can write off next season as well. We need some size on the back end. 
i have no idea if Trym comes back or not, but he does have size, and although he didn't fight like Pronger, he did just fine last time around. 
Who knows, maybe he'd do just fine next to QH? Maybe he'd be on the 3rd pairing? But we are struggling to contain big teams. 

20 hours ago, spook007 said:

Its true we need to free up cap, but are we just going to run with horses we've got?

if so I fear, we can write off next season as well. We need some size on the back end. 
i have no idea if Trym comes back or not, but he does have size, and although he didn't fight like Pronger, he did just fine last time around. 
Who knows, maybe he'd do just fine next to QH? Maybe he'd be on the 3rd pairing? But we are struggling to contain big teams. 

He's a LD. This idea he can play RD was made up by fans. I doubt we run Hughes RD either. Feel like we tried that already and given Tocchet preaches defense having an already meh defender playing their off side probably isn't happening. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

He's a LD. This idea he can play RD was made up by fans. I doubt we run Hughes RD either. Feel like we tried that already and given Tocchet preaches defense having an already meh defender playing their off side probably isn't happening. 

As much as I'd love to give Tryamkin another try, I think that you're quite correct to say that it's wishful thinking to imagine Tocchet would slot him into a RHD position when he's a left shooter.

Yeah I also don't think he'll pick Van. It likely does help having more Russian players and staff though. 

On the Van side, I'd be willing to sign him short term for anything under 3. But if he is looking for 4+ years and 3+ million per then yeah I'd likely pass. Too much risk and completely unproven. 

Side note I hope we offer Schenn another contract. Maybe like 1.5 million x 2 years. Honestly though I bet he could get more elsewhere. 

6 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I can certainly remember him playing the RD. His big hit on Benn was on the right side. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I can certainly remember him playing the RD. His big hit on Benn was on the right side. 

Yup. Tree is a right side D who shoots left. He plays both sides. But we aren’t going to sign him. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Do we really even want this guy? 

He didn't want to work for it. He wanted everything given to him on a platter. He refused a conditioning stint and was visibly out of shape. He went back to Russia where he could get by on his size alone and not have to work hard. 

Why are people obsessed with this guy. He's a #4 D in the K. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

Do we really even want this guy? 

He didn't want to work for it. He wanted everything given to him on a platter. He refused a conditioning stint and was visibly out of shape. He went back to Russia where he could get by on his size alone and not have to work hard. 

Why are people obsessed with this guy. He's a #4 D in the K. 

Smash Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, hammertime said:

Oh Sam.

It's right here for you. 

https://en.khl.ru/stat/players/1154/all/avtomobilist/

4th in ice time for Avto D averaging 18 mins with 11 points on the year. 

have a cookie. 

angry dirty harry GIF

Well 118 hits in 64 games with a TOI avg of 18m,  and still a mainstay of the pk.

Nothing wrong with that .

… but I’m sure you enjoy the smell of weed,

and are frequently invited to Canucks greatest Coach  e v e r ,  Willy D’s weenie roasts through the Summer with Chaput, Megna, and Linden V.

• Cheers 3