The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Saving around 4 m in capspace and getting a better shutdown D,  board Heavy, pk’r.

is what this team needs.… and Tryamkin is a better skater than Myers..

but I’m sure that’s “mind boggling “

You saying he’s a better shutdown d does not make it true. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You saying he’s a better shutdown d does not make it true. 

I think he is ,  just my opinion ,  

I have watched him play over the past 8 years where others have not..

most that offer their negative opinions are relying on what they saw of him in 2017 or the negative press Desjardins created about him as a prospect , without ever talking to him.

Lots got blown out of proportion and perspective with him as a rookie here ( 8 years ago).

To add to above:   It’s my point of veiw that usually gets me replying back to others like yourself.….   Then I get called a “lover” or “defender”….  Which really makes me laugh,.
thank you. 

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I think that those who hold some kind of grievance with this player,  think that’s it’s an obsession,.

I see it as an option..  and a decent one,.

and also a low cost opportunity for both this franchise and the player to prove themselves better, and correct what was wrong in the past.

It's an option for sure, but we don't know how good he will be for us. You're literally just assuming here that he will correct what was "wrong in the past"; yet, there is no way you can guarantee that that's what will happen.

To be skeptical of this isn't an obsession at all. It's seeing a player that hasn't proven himself at the NHL level yet. There's nothing wrong with questioning the viability of an option. 

I get that you're passionate about the guy, but let's talk about who's obsessive here. I didn't even call you obsessive; yet, you felt the need to literally "call" this whole notion of obsessive out. Why? Do you feel somehow threatened?

Edited by The Lock

17 minutes ago, The Lock said:

It's an option for sure, but we don't know how good he will be for us. You're literally just assuming here that he will correct what was "wrong in the past"; yet, there is no way you can guarantee that that's what will happen.

To be skeptical of this isn't an obsession at all. It's seeing a player that hasn't proven himself at the NHL level yet. There's nothing wrong with questioning the viability of an option.

I get that you're passionate about the guy, but let's talk about who's obsessive here. I didn't even call you obsessive; yet, you felt the need to literally "call" this whole notion of obsessive out. Why?

Go back ,  the post was about people having an obsession.

I never said you said that I am or was obsessed.

I said I think the obsession is by those who hold a grievance with this player and regurgitate , or rinse repeat stuff from a terrible coaches lips , from a franchise who offered nothing to indenture this young Russian into North American life, or the expectations of him when with this franchise.

could just as easily be more an a poor agent issue.

Contrary to yourself,  in his 79 gp, I think he did prove himself at the NHL level.

any rookie at 20 or 21 who can draw the ire, and push back agains a power forward like J Benn. Ryan Getzlaff, or Andrew Ladd and others,.  and then be offered a 2m contract by the Canucks .. has proven something to stay in the NHL.

Dont you think?

But nothing will “prove to be”,  unless he returns..

as I’ve posted earlier,  I think the Bruins may offer him a contract.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Go back ,  the post was about people having an obsession.

I never said you said that I am or was obsessed.

I said I think the obsession is by those who hold a grievance with this player and regurgitate , or rinse repeat stuff from a terrible coaches lips , from a franchise who offered nothing to indenture this young Russian into North American life, or the expectations of him when with this franchise.

could just as easily be more an a poor agent issue.

Contrary to yourself,  in his 79 gp, I think he did prove himself at the NHL level.

any rookie at 20 or 21 who can draw the ire, and push back agains a power forward like J Benn. Ryan Getzlaff, or Andrew Ladd and others,.  and then be offered a 2m contract by the Canucks .. has proven something to stay in the NHL.

Dont you think?

First of all, I have to ask... contrary to myself? I mean... I've never played in the NHL so I guess I haven't proven myself at that level. I literally have no idea what you are trying to say or even imply with this. Sorry dude, but I just had to bring up how weird that sounded. Perhaps there was a grammar mistake there or... something. lol

I'm going to have to disagree though that he proved himself at the NHL level. I think he showed promise, but the problem with promise is player like Virtanen also showed promise. Hopefully he's a different player than Virtanen but also, hopefully, you are least see where I'm coming from.

Serious question: are you against anyone who is hesitant on Tryamkin? Are you willing to see at least that there is a legitimate reason to be hesitant on this? Can we handshake on that?

• Cheers 1

OK..........Here I am scheming

Well, I would sign him to a 3 year deal.......1,500,000 per in the NHL and 1,500,000 in the AHL. If I understand the explanation I googled, A NHL club can guarantee, a minimum contract given. In this case, this gives Tryamkin security, and also keeps his Cap hit down. IMO, Tryamkin is somewhat of an unknown, and there is risk for the club, of $250,000 per season, something IMO, the club can risk. For Tryamkin, there is no risk. I might bump it a little...like maybe 1.75 Million up and 1.250,000 down, which then allows the club to send him down, without incurring a cap hit. 

The other incentive for Tryamkin is that with Abbotsford being the home of the farm team, he doesn't have to move, which is a huge thing, IMO.

* If I remember rightly, didn't Tryamkin's parents buy a house in Vancouver somewhere? Did that really happen?

I would take the risk, knowing he has matured...........Nikita............Huggie, I protect you!............Hughes..........I can live with that!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, The Lock said:

First of all, I have to ask... contrary to myself? I mean... I've never played in the NHL so I guess I haven't proven myself at that level. I literally have no idea what you are trying to say or even imply with this. Sorry dude, but I just had to bring up how weird that sounded. Perhaps there was a grammar mistake there or... something. lol

I'm going to have to disagree though that he proved himself at the NHL level. I think he showed promise, but the problem with promise is player like Virtanen also showed promise. Hopefully he's a different player than Virtanen but also, hopefully, you are least see where I'm coming from.

Serious question: are you against anyone who is hesitant on Tryamkin? Are you willing to see at least that there is a legitimate reason to be hesitant on this? Can we handshake on that?

Anyone who wants to be hesitant , can be hesitant..   but that still leaves the door open for the opportunity to prove there is no need to be.

For example ,  I see a one year contract offered a a “show me” at roughly 1.5m for the season.

It’s practically a no lose contract for the team as they still have the depth to support the position.

except for the type of game this player brings, something that is only there if an aging Schenn has played.

ps.  “Contrary to yourself” .. meant to be contrary to your opinion with my viewpoints.

apologies for that.

“promise” is something I refer to as a player, usually giving way to his first handful of NHL games.

playing 79 in his first year in North America, and then being offered another one way contract to stay, to me means he has proved himself to stay.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Well, I would sign him to a 3 year deal.......1,500,000 per in the NHL and 1,500,000 in the AHL. If I understand the explanation I googled, A NHL club can guarantee, a minimum contract given. In this case, this gives Tryamkin security, and also keeps his Cap hit down. IMO, Tryamkin is somewhat of an unknown, and there is risk for the club, of $250,000 per season, something IMO, the club can risk. For Tryamkin, there is no risk. I might bump it a little...like maybe 1.75 Million up and 1.250,000 down, which then allows the club to send him down, without incurring a cap hit. 

The other incentive for Tryamkin is that with Abbotsford being the home of the farm team, he doesn't have to move, which is a huge thing, IMO.

* If I remember rightly, didn't Tryamkin's parents buy a house in Vancouver somewhere? Did that really happen?

I would take the risk, knowing he has matured...........Nikita............Huggie, I protect you!............Hughes..........I can live with that!

One year, 1.5. - 2m. ..  show and shine .

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Anyone who wants to be hesitant , can be hesitant..   but that still leaves the door open for the opportunity to prove there is no need to be.

For example ,  I see a one year contract offered a a “show me” at roughly 1.5m for the season.

It’s practically a no lose contract for the team as they still have the depth to support the position.

except for the type of game this player brings, something that is only there if an aging Schenn has played.

ps.  “Contrary to yourself” .. meant to be contrary to your opinion with my viewpoints.

apologies for that.

“promise” is something I refer to as a player, usually giving way to his first handful of NHL games.

playing 79 in his first year in North America, and then being offered another one way contract to stay, to me means he has proved himself to stay.

I'm fine with him proving himself here. I want to make that clear at least. I'm not against him coming here; nor, have I hopefully presented in a way where I wouldn't be willing to give him a shot. I do admire your positivity and conviction with these players.

I guess I'm just more of a "if it happens great, if not.. meh?" kind of attitude with this? I want to see our defense get better and, if he's another 3rd liner.. we have those. Like you said though, maybe he can prove people wrong. Those 79 games though... we didn't have a good team. We were very much on the decline at that point. Do you know what defenseman scored the most points for our team the year Tryamkin played the most games for us? Stetcher at a whopping 24 points. That's the level of competition Tryamkin had to stay on the team. lol Our highest point producer period was Horvat at 52 points.

On a random note, part of me wishes the "contrary to myself" was implying I played less NHL games because it'd mean I like... played NHL games. lol

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I'm fine with him proving himself here. I want to make that clear at least. I'm not against him coming here; nor, have I hopefully presented in a way where I wouldn't be willing to give him a shot. I do admire your positivity and conviction with these players.

I guess I'm just more of a "if it happens great, if not.. meh?" kind of attitude with this? I want to see our defense get better and, if he's another 3rd liner.. we have those. Like you said though, maybe he can prove people wrong. Those 79 games though... we didn't have a good team. We were very much on the decline at that point. Do you know what defenseman scored the most points for our team the year Tryamkin played the most games for us? Stetcher at a whopping 24 points. That's the level of competition Tryamkin had to stay on the team. lol

On a random note, part of me wishes the "contrary to myself" was implying I played less NHL games because it'd mean I like... played NHL games. lol

Well with the positivity and optimistic views I try to keep ,  .. I wish you had something contrary in your NHL play to compare too ;) 

It was a rough few years unfortunately,  and I kind of respect the fact Tryamkin left.

It may well have shed more light on issues within the franchise.….  Perhaps he did us a favour.
id love for both player and franchise to correct a wrong.

sometimes you have to step off the world and let it rotate a few times before getting back on.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

Well with the positivity and optimistic views I try to keep ,  .. I wish you had something contrary in your NHL play to compare too ;) 

It was a rough few years unfortunately,  and I kind of respect the fact Tryamkin left.

It may well have shed more light on issues within the franchise.….  
id love for both player and franchise to correct a wrong.

I kept looking at the team stats of that year after that post and thought about adding more but... wow... that year in particular I remember being excited for players like Hutton and Sbisa and Stetcher. So glad to see they all worked... out.... for... us... :(

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

One year, 1.5. - 2m. ..  show and shine .

The trouble is your assuming he wants to come here.............he has 32 options, some of which carry cheaper housing, sunshine 24/7, and is tax free

So, yes, you can offer him that, but what is his incentive to sign here?

10 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

The trouble is your assuming he wants to come here.............he has 32 options, some of which carry cheaper housing, sunshine 24/7, and is tax free

My guess is it could largely depend on how many other Russians also decide to come over at the same time. I think it would make a lot of sense if a lot of Russians suddenly decided it was better to play over here given how a certain economy's collapsing to say the least.

Actually, thinking on that, then the question would be is Tryamkin even the best option of that group at the end of the day? Perhaps there's someone even better available who would sign a deal like Kuzmenko did.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

You say there is a risk with Tryamkin but you are willing to sign him for $1.5 mil x 3 years? Seriously? Sam says he has watched him play and thinks he is worth a try. Maybe $1.25 - $1.5 mil x 1 year with the ability to send him to Abby. Try knows what Koz did and got a big pay raise for it. If he cannot see the same for himself then maybe this is a waste of time. KHL defense is certainly not the NHL. I can see bringing him to camp but don't hold a lot of expectation. Willing to be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Hard to think we aren’t on his shortlist of place to be ..  his profile pics on IG and FB are him in a Canucks jersey..  and all while he’s been using IG while he has been away for 8 years.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

You say there is a risk with Tryamkin but you are willing to sign him for $1.5 mil x 3 years? Seriously? Sam says he has watched him play and thinks he is worth a try. Maybe $1.25 - $1.5 mil x 1 year with the ability to send him to Abby. Try knows what Koz did and got a big pay raise for it. If he cannot see the same for himself then maybe this is a waste of time. KHL defense is certainly not the NHL. I can see bringing him to camp but don't hold a lot of expectation. Willing to be pleasantly surprised.

I just think we are assuming these Russians will come over here and work for peanuts. They have options. They have the European Leagues as well. IMO, these guys play in the 2nd best league in the world, and some bring unique qualities with them. In Tryamkin's case, he brings size, truculence, speed, and aggressiveness. These qualities are rare, and in my opinion needed on the Canucks. That is not to say, he is good enough, and will have to prove himself, and that is the point of a, basically flat NHL/AHL contract. It guarantees a decent contract, either way, but protects the Canucks in that it can all or most of it can be hidden under the cap hit waiver exemption for players sent down. (I think it is something like $1,250,000 or something close to that)

Any Russian coming over, that does not have team affiliation, has options, as I said earlier. I see no down side, as he still has to make the squad, and still has to prove himself, but we get a great asset, if he makes it. And he would be locked in, at a base salary for 3 year, if he makes it. I fail to see the down side. 

I have moved on from my emotional attachment for Tryamkin's  play, but I see no point in cutting my nose off in spite my face. IMO, some of the NO sayers, need to move on as well. WE  want a good club, don't we? WE want a RHD for Hughes don't we? Should we not look at options?

IMO, "IF" Kuzmenko, is asked by management, and he gives Tryamkin an endorsement, we will attempt to sign him. Keep in mind Diamond has no obligation not to hear other offers...........

Edited by J.I.A.H.N
  • Cheers 2