The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

15 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Yes , that’s where he was living ,  most do untill they get a solid contract with some length to it.

It’s a building Aqualini owns and operates I beleive.

He said nothing bad about Vancouver ,  he was explaining a culture here,

something he was entirely unfamiliar with..

your going off an interpretation from Malamud perhaps.

again this is from that interview with Eronko:

From the interview with Igor Eronko :

“There is such. Addict, that’s really it. Everyone smokes grass everywhere. The city is all in smoke. There is still a street – I do not remember what is called. Sothere even in a car it’s scary to go. A lot of bad guys. They can not stand on their feet, but they still smoke without stopping. There is suchchaos – a really devastatedstreet. Cirque du Soleil in Vancouver came, my wife and I went, and for some reason we returned on this road. And in the evening there is a real life. After nine hours. Cool there ( laughs ). Life begins at night”.
Continued…
“They smoke everywhere. There is not something that smells of grass – it stinks, everywhere is stinking. Okay this drug street, where these guys settle, but in downtown, in the center of the city stank the same. We lived on the tenth floor – even there, it used to smell. This is how much you need to smoke? It seems to me, it was possible to stick the receiver out ofthe window and inhale”.
I’d caution against lighting the torches and fashioning pitchforks. Eronko, who unlike Malamud has a great reputation for fair andbalanced reporting, translates Tryamkin’scomments and provides the context in which they were made. Eronko even told mepersonally that there was no malice.

Yes, I know the quote, you posted it on the last page.... That doesn't change my opinion on the matter at all. Culture shock, unfamiliarity, I could care less what you call it. Reading that quote is pretty clear to me that the constant use of pot wasn't a selling point for him. Nothing has changed about that, except.. you know, it was legalized and there's even more of it. I have never said he "hated the city" like you quoted me saying. I said he wasn't a fan of the BC bud lifestyle and didn't seem to like smelling the smoke. Also, wonder how he will feel about the chaos and bad guys now that the downtown core has got far worse since covid. Bet that's a huge selling point for him.

You're entitled to you opinion on the subject, but my opinion hasn't swayed whatsoever. Like I have always said, I look forward to be proven wrong if he signs here. My gut tells me a player who played under a full season worth of games.... 6 seasons ago.... and didn't leave the greatest terms.... then had a chance to sign and instead stayed in Russia.... until the clubs rights lapsed...AND HATED VANCOUVER WITH THE FIREY PASSION OF 100 THOMAS DRANCES... isn't coming back.

But I'll burn one down for Tryamkin tonight for good luck.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Yes, I know the quote, you posted it on the last page.... That doesn't change my opinion on the matter at all. Culture shock, unfamiliarity, I could care less what you call it. Reading that quote is pretty clear to me that the constant use of pot wasn't a selling point for him. Nothing has changed about that, except.. you know, it was legalized and there's even more of it. I have never said he "hated the city" like you quoted me saying. I said he wasn't a fan of the BC bud lifestyle and didn't seem to like smelling the smoke. Also, wonder how he will feel about the chaos and bad guys now that the downtown core has got far worse since covid. Bet that's a huge selling point for him.

You're entitled to you opinion on the subject, but my opinion hasn't swayed whatsoever. Like I have always said, I look forward to be proven wrong if he signs here. My gut tells me a player who played under a full season worth of games.... 6 seasons ago.... and didn't leave the greatest terms.... then had a chance to sign and instead stayed in Russia.... until the clubs rights lapsed...AND HATED VANCOUVER WITH THE FIREY PASSION OF 100 THOMAS DRANCES... isn't coming back.

100 Thomas drances ? Time to call the bikers. 

• Haha 2

LMAO!!!!!!

Those last 3 posts made me laugh big time. Thanks!

I dunno what the deal is with some CDC'ers being so enamoured with Tree. Is it because a team rival could pick him up and Tree makes us pay by beating us badly from his stellar size, physicality and whatever?!?!?!?!???

Man! Dude's not gonna be a Canuck. He might not even be in the NHL. However that being said..........

Is there any interest from any NHL team regarding Tree's desire to possibly return?!?!?!??? Has anyone heard anything concrete?

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

6 minutes ago, Sativika said:

LMAO!!!!!!

Those last 3 posts made me laugh big time. Thanks!

I dunno what the deal is with some CDC'ers being so enamoured with Tree. Is it because a team rival could pick him up and Tree makes us pay by beating us badly from his stellar size, physicality and whatever?!?!?!?!???

Man! Dude's not gonna be a Canuck. He might not even be in the NHL. However that being said..........

Is there any interest from any NHL team regarding Tree's desire to possibly return?!?!?!??? Has anyone heard anything concrete?

Last I heard was talk on 650 that teams don’t see tree as an NHLer. He might be a 7th D man on a poor club. 

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Well,  I think your rather judgemental of a 21 year old, leaving a country run by a dictator and terrorist .

Were you ever 21?

never mind ,  stay loaded..  enjoy your trip.

@SilentSam I know your a big proponent of him coming back and I too share a little interest. But have some reservations about how and why he left. Your right about him coming from a country run by a dictator pushing that narrative even further he came from an athletic existence which I’m sure over there is about as far away from drug culture as you can get. Anyway from his perspective I would think he thinks the damage is done, and from a canucks perspective there has to be some serious reservations of him up and pulling the plug again. Even with him and the new coaching and mng staff knowing that twitchy and the old guard aren’t here any more. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, chon derry said:

@SilentSam I know your a big proponent of him coming back and I too share a little interest. But have some reservations about how and why he left. Your right about him coming from a country run by a dictator pushing that narrative even further he came from an athletic existence which I’m sure over there is about as far away from drug culture as you can get. Anyway from his perspective I would think he thinks the damage is done, and from a canucks perspective there has to be some serious reservations of him up and pulling the plug again. Even with him and the new coaching and mng staff knowing that twitchy and the old guard aren’t here any more. 

I don’t think new management would care, they know Willie D and Benning were a disaster and once you talk to the agent and player about the issues you get an accurate picture.

Given Gonchar is highly regarded as one of the best dmen in Russian history, I am sure that has some weight and pull for Try. 

Id like to see him back. He was a solid big man for us who can skate. On a cheap contract it’s a no brainer imho 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NuckLuck19 said:

I don’t think new management would care, they know Willie D and Benning were a disaster and once you talk to the agent and player about the issues you get an accurate picture.

Given Gonchar is highly regarded as one of the best dmen in Russian history, I am sure that has some weight and pull for Try. 

Id like to see him back. He was a solid big man for us who can skate. On a cheap contract it’s a no brainer imho 

I know exactly what he brought to the table. And I’m sure the current  managment and coaching staff are well versed on the background. As would be aquilini. Which to be sure hasn’t forgotten. Having a player not wanting to sign a two way deal , not wanting to report to the farm team for conditioning, and then jettisoning back to russia with team left holding the bag doesn’t bode well for him.  it never flew with the previous regime and I can’t see it getting a free pass on a far more diligent coaching and managment staff. Or ownership. That’s only from the team perspective. If HE really wanted to be here and there was serious consideration the fact that neither side has reached out in any meaningful way , is why I question the whole idea. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chon derry said:

I know exactly what he brought to the table. And I’m sure the current  managment and coaching staff are well versed on the background. As would be aquilini. Which to be sure hasn’t forgotten. Having a player not wanting to sign a two way deal , not wanting to report to the farm team for conditioning, and then jettisoning back to russia with team left holding the bag doesn’t bode well for him.  it never flew with the previous regime and I can’t see it getting a free pass on a far more diligent coaching and managment staff. Or ownership. That’s only from the team perspective. If HE really wanted to be here and there was serious consideration the fact that neither side has reached out in any meaningful way , is why I question the whole idea. 

He signed a one way deal and it was in his contract that he was not to be assigned to the AHL.

contracts are there for a reason. You forget he had a young wife who didn’t speak English and a child on the way. He’s going to leave her to go to Utica? Dude 

and it was in the contract and probably because of his wife and family. Did you consider how insulting that would be to him? Hey Nikita, we want to breach our agreement and you can leave your pregnant wife alone here who doesn’t speak English. Come on man. 

Also the only reason he signed in Russia was Benning. He had no cap and was stalling and Tryamkin was without a contract and didn’t want to get stuck out in the cold.

Edited by NuckLuck19
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, NuckLuck19 said:

He signed a one way deal and it was in his contract that he was not to be assigned to the AHL.

contracts are there for a reason. You forget he had a young wife who didn’t speak English and a child on the way. He’s going to leave her to go to Utica? Dude 

and it’s was in the contract 

Also the only reason he signed in Russia was Benning. He had no cap and was stalling and Tryamkin was without a contract and didn’t want to get stuck out in the cold.

I forgot about the stipulation part  your right. But It didn’t leave any options for management when he did refuse to go down,  but on the resigning I do believe they wanted a two way contract so they wouldn’t have to go through it again which had he shown up out of shape again it would have reared it ugly head again and I don’t think the Canucks were to interested in. and I think that was a stumbling block the 2nd time around  Wife, child or not the commitment level just wasn’t there. Or at least not enough for the previous regime. I mean at that point what should they have done? Beg ? the lack of communication tells me  both partys have moved on.