The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nikita Tryamkin eyeing NHL return

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Hard to think we aren’t on his shortlist of place to be ..  his profile pics on IG and FB are him in a Canucks jersey..  and all while he’s been using IG while he has been away for 8 years.

It's either his ever dying love to play for the Canucks again, or he's just too lazy to update his profile pic. :lol: I'm going with too lazy lol.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It's either his ever dying love to play for the Canucks again, or he's just too lazy to update his profile pic. :lol: I'm going with too lazy lol.

He also likes a lot of Canucks content and he joined in on a live feed once haha. He seems to follow the Canucks more on social media than any other ex player.

1 year 1.75M as a bottom 3 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Tryamkin follows many Canucks on Instagram including Demko, Podkolzin, Horvat, Vancouver Canucks, Kuzmenko.  Ex Canucks Virtanen, Ryan Miller, Tanev, Hutton.  He even follows Horvat's wife.  Vasilevskiy and Kucherov, Orlov, Svechnikov, Kaprizov, Kuznetsov, Buchnevich, Lyubushkin.

He also follows the Edmonton Oilers, Pittsburgh Penguins, NY Islanders, Tampa Bay Lightning, Toronto Maple Leafs.

So, I would say based on his Instagram account and the teams who have cap space, he will sign with either the Vancouver Canucks or the Pittsburgh Penguins...

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

The trouble is your assuming he wants to come here.............he has 32 options, some of which carry cheaper housing, sunshine 24/7, and is tax free

So, yes, you can offer him that, but what is his incentive to sign here?

He doesn't really have 32 options.  Most teams are capped out, some cities he won't go to, etc...  Probably looking at 5-6 teams max on his list and the Canucks would be in the top 2-3 I think...

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tryamkin follows many Canucks on Instagram including Demko, Podkolzin, Horvat, Vancouver Canucks, Kuzmenko.  Ex Canucks Virtanen, Ryan Miller, Tanev, Hutton.  He even follows Horvat's wife.  Vasilevskiy and Kucherov, Orlov, Svechnikov, Kaprizov, Kuznetsov, Buchnevich, Lyubushkin.

He also follows the Edmonton Oilers, Pittsburgh Penguins, NY Islanders, Tampa Bay Lightning, Toronto Maple Leafs.

So, I would say based on his Instagram account and the teams who have cap space, he will sign with either the Vancouver Canucks or the Pittsburgh Penguins...

You know Horvat isn’t a Canuck right?

Maybe he will sign with NYI or the Flames where the Canucks he knows play :D

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

You know Horvat isn’t a Canuck right?

Maybe he will sign with NYI or the Flames where the Canucks he knows play :D

Horvat was a Canuck until a few months ago, I didn't put him in the right sentence in my post.  I am sure the Islanders will be using most of their cap space to try and re-sign Mayfield.  If that happens, they don't need any more Dmen.  Calgary has no cap space and already has a 6'6" Russian Dman in Zadorov...

• Cheers 3

On 5/4/2023 at 9:19 PM, J.I.A.H.N said:

The trouble is your assuming he wants to come here.............he has 32 options, some of which carry cheaper housing, sunshine 24/7, and is tax free

So, yes, you can offer him that, but what is his incentive to sign here?

He may still have sense of loyalty to the Canucks jersey. He seems that type

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Well, I hope so.

It would be interesting to see how he would do with Hughes. Hughes - Bear is an effective pairing though, and I got a feeling OEL and Hronek will good too. 

That said Hughes - Tryamkin, Tryamkin - Hronek, Wolanin/Hirose - Tryamkin are all interesting pairing worth exploring. 

I don't think OEL - Tryamkin or Tryamkin - Myers would work particularly well. 

Having Gochar as the defensive coach, Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, Podkolzin, Kravstov as team Russians, plus the opportunity to potentially play with Hughes or Hronek is a massive draw. What is crazy is he was here only 6 years ago and there are no Canucks remaining other than Boeser who had a 9 game stint. 

Crazy that Boeser, who is still only 26 years old, is the longest serving active Canuck. 

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

It would be interesting to see how he would do with Hughes. Hughes - Bear is an effective pairing though, and I got a feeling OEL and Hronek will good too. 

That said Hughes - Tryamkin, Tryamkin - Hronek, Wolanin/Hirose - Tryamkin are all interesting pairing worth exploring. 

I don't think OEL - Tryamkin or Tryamkin - Myers would work particularly well. 

Having Gochar as the defensive coach, Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, Podkolzin, Kravstov as team Russians, plus the opportunity to potentially play with Hughes or Hronek is a massive draw. What is crazy is he was here only 6 years ago and there are no Canucks remaining other than Boeser who had a 9 game stint. 

Crazy that Boeser, who is still only 26 years old, is the longest serving active Canuck. 

I hope you're right but based on what?  He *NEVER* played well under Tocchet in Arizona (in fact, this was during his peak/prime years where this happened).  He's now over 30 years old with a body that is worn down from injuries.

Is there a stipulation he can't sign till July 1st? I read that somewhere. 

I think the smart would be a 2 year show me. Something PA can live with. And depending on his ability to trade Garland or Myers. 

And his decision on Bear or other contracts. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Covid messed up his last attempt to resign, so years is correct. 

That was two attempts ago. Then the next year Benning gave him an offer early and rather than negotiating he turned around and used that offer as leverage for his KHL deal.

Honestly I don't care at this point. If he wants to come and earn his spot then great, a free asset. But if he just wants to use an NHL offer as leverage again or go somewhere else then whatever, he basically already hasn't been a part of the organization for 6 years.

• Cheers 1

On 5/6/2023 at 11:55 AM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I hope you're right but based on what?  He *NEVER* played well under Tocchet in Arizona (in fact, this was during his peak/prime years where this happened).  He's now over 30 years old with a body that is worn down from injuries.

Looking at a breakdown of defensive pairings, OEL actually played decent when paired with Bear (3rd most effective D pairing last season).

He was very bad with Myers and abysmal with Schenn. 

I think a lot has to do with foot speed. With a faster d partner he doesn’t have to cover as much ground and can focus more on positioning and being less aggressive.

Hronek is an even better skater and puck carrier than Bear.

Also OEL came into the season expecting f to be a #1 or #2 guy and the team including Demko was a dumpster fire. With more structure, better goaltending, and less reliance and expectations he can settle down in a more complementary role where I think he will do better.

Rehab from injuries hopefully.

I think he will be as good analytically as he was his first season but with easier deployments and Hronek making him better (Vs OEL pulling up Myers).

• Cheers 1