The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

On Canucks Lines 2023 A.D.

Rate this topic

alloy

You see what happens when you dilute the talent to a boil. it melts over.

colorodo when they were forsberg's team used to have an amp line. alex tanguay, milan heduk, peter forsberg.

it was also called crawford's 'panic line' heh.

when the penguins had thier runs they put crosby on the same line with malkin.

when chicago went on thier recent cup runs, p kane was put on the toevs line.

its a percentage league. Stacking works. when you put petey brock and miller together this time around, they wont have to worry about trying to also bolster horvat's stats.

there was a thing in sports once when you talked about 'inangibles' the rappore of petey and brock is a foundation we can build on. They both know the pressures as top prospects coming up and having success.  miller can be the on that line like a swiss army knife.

Elias Pettersson has clearly become the dominant male on this team. i recind my vote for jt miller. he can keep his (A) and teach petey. I give my vote to Eli P. as captain of the canucks ship.

captain pete feed the sheep. love always wins.

merci,

+alloy

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, alloy said:

colorodo when they were forsberg's team used to have an amp line. alex tanguay, milan heduk, peter forsberg.

its a percentage league. Stacking works. when you put petey brock and miller together this time around, they wont have to worry about trying to also bolster horvat's stats.

there was a thing in sports once when you talked about 'inangibles' the rappore of petey and brock is a foundation we can build on. They both know the pressures as top prospects coming up and having success.  miller can be the on that line like a swiss army knife.

Elias Pettersson has clearly become the dominant male on this team. i recind my vote for jt miller. he can keep his (A) and teach petey. I give my vote to Eli P. as captain of the canucks ship.

merci,

+alloy

You are ignoring the fact that Boeser can’t keep up and would drag the line down.  
Plus Brock will probably be gone soon…

• Like 1

Man Beau felt like more of the same, a small winger with a moderate skill set.  
That EP line desperately needs a PF with speed like what Podz will hopefully be.

They need to lose about 2 small wingers in their top 6. 
Of Beau, Garland and Hogz I would only keep Hoglander. Would be trying hard to find homes for the other two and Brock. 

With Horvat out of the picture, our offence is back to a fairly simple set up. Tocchet likes to play with video game-like chemistry and I agree, it works sometimes. In the older NHL it worked well (eg. putting Byfuglien on Kane and Toews line), whereas now you see lines of 3 small skilled guys just ripping teams apart.

Mikheyev and Bo's loss really hurt this team's offence but I'd go with something like this:

Beauvillier - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Beau plays as the gritty guy, Petey and Kuz the skilled set up man and scorer.

Boeser - Miller - Garland

Miller the passer, Boeser needs to get back to being the shooter now and Garland the gritty guy

Joshua - Dries - Podkozlin

Joshua the gritty one, Dries can be a playmaker (he has skill for sure) and Podz the shooter

Hoglander - Lazar - Stud/Aman

Hogz the playmaker, Lazar gritty guy and the final guy can be the shooter or an extra gritty guy

On defence, you want a puck mover and a shutdown guy:

Hughes - Schenn

Back to basics, Hughes the obvious puck mover

OEL - Dermott

Let Dermott play back, safe defensively, and let OEL change his game back to his Coyote days and be a PMD

Rathbone - Bear

Let the kid be the puck mover, Bear play a solid safe game

• Upvote 1

Hopefully garland boeser schenn are gone soon 

and ideally Myers OEL miller are aswell. 

So the lines 

are 

kuz Ep podz 

hog  raty AB 

josh dries stud 

Lazar aman -

hughes bear 

-        Burroughs 

Stillman - 

depending on trade returns

take some short term cap dumps and get more picks.

And that line up looks like a Top three draft pick. 
And that’s what we need. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour,

In my humble opinion, Eli P. needs a sike kick. Be it Miller or Boeser. Either should be on ice when petey is on. He should be joined on the hip with either at all times. The third liner be it kuzmenko or garland should park themselves in front of the opposing goalie. kuzmenko has his fair share of shot goals. now lets see if you can get the garbageman goals. Try podkolzin also. In his time he has ripped a few it from just outside the crease. And, DJ Dakota Joshua. He has size.

Coach tocchet, i need a few tip drills. Physics of tips 101.

Shot and a rebound always a good approach too but mix the 1 timers in also.

PP1:

kuzmenko-petterson-boeser.

Hughes-OEL.

PP2:

Miller-garland-podkolzin.

Myers-Schenn.

Coaches choice for 6x6 lines. 

Roll all 4 imho.

goaltending isnt that bad. our guys between the pipes are finding out what being a big game goaltender is all about.

Defense drills.

chip it off the boards.

chip it on goal, playoff style.

PK: miller time.

Also id like to remark that a lot of times hughes looks like a lockdown cornerback in football with his defensive coverage. excellence. 

Merci,

+alloy

On 2/6/2023 at 2:30 PM, alloy said:

Boeser-Petterson-kuzmenko.

beavillier-Miller-garland.

Raty on 3rd line imho.

PP Boser-petterson-miller.

Hughes-OEL

Schenn-Myers

if you told me 33 years ago that in 2023 AD what people will do in their free time is make up fantasy line ups on the computer I would have said humanity is doomed :frantic:

Edited by iinatcc
  • Haha 1

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Boeser - Miller - Garland

Beauvillier - UFA - Podkolzin

Joshua - Lazar - Hoglander

Aman

I'd like to give one of Podz, Hoglander of Beau a shot at a top 6 wing position so there's clearly room for a Boeser or Garland trade. Even if it's for a 3rd line center (but ideally a defenceman of some sort or pick).

I just don't see this management team able to do that though so think we roll with the above lines indefinitely. 

On 2/7/2023 at 2:42 AM, alloy said:

merci,

+alloy

On 2/7/2023 at 6:21 AM, D.B Cooper said:

You are ignoring the fact that Boeser can’t keep up and would drag the line down.  
Plus Brock will probably be gone soon…

Man the lotto line feels so far in the past now...

On 2/16/2023 at 7:13 AM, iinatcc said:

if you told me 33 years ago that in 2023 AD what people will do in their free time is make up fantasy line ups on the computer I would have said humanity is doomed :frantic:

It's a "Millenial" thing.  God help them!  The  world is in trouble!

• 2 weeks later...

Beuvillier-petterson-kuzmenko

miller-garland-kravtsov

top 6.

boeser to headline 3rd line. and 2nd unit powerplay.

PP1-beuvilier-petterson-kuzmenko

PP2-garland-miller-boeser

Hughes should be on both units. more minutes to our assist leader.