The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday February 13 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Detroit Red Wings - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Are you new here?  Did you ever hear of a guy named Connor Bedard who apparently is the next McDavid and is available in this year’s draft? 

I mean we were doing pretty well with Boudreau tanking.

Unsure long-term Tocchet is the guy. He is more Green-like, which didn't work out. 

Not many options when we moved on from BB though. 

Just now, Odd. said:

Not sure how much more of a next step Petey needs to take. Like what.

Become a better face-off guy, get a little stronger, don’t get pushed off the puck as easy. Small steps. 

Already taking face-off steps. 57% tonight.

10 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Miller missed , Boeser fanned a couple . Kuz should be on the #1 pp next period 

That's exactly why Kuz is not allowed on the the #1pp or even playing with Pete.  He is not taking

the tank seriously and the coach no longer trusts him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Muttley said:

There's nothing to make me think the difference here is goaltending. Back when Demko was his normal great stopper, the team played a different style.

One conducive for faster breakouts and not having issue with the goalie sometimes being involved in the first pass to break out. This is just so different.

Just shut down Demko for next year, what is the point. This organization is dumb. Played 3/4 of the season with Martin and Delia and now Demko coming in. It will just ruin our chances of drafting high.

• Cheers 1

Just now, THERETOOL said:

were losing because our Goalies and penalty kill suck ..  were trying to build value for the players were moving out , and were getting closer to having a top 5 pick !!   this is gonna be great for us in a couple years !!

Still don’t think we have the necessary suckage to finish in the bottom 5. But I’ll admit my certainty is waning, lol.

The biggest risk to this is Demko returning and finding his form enough to steal the odd game. I refuse to cheer for losses. But if the losses happen organically I can live with it enough if it gives us a chance at some elite talent. Where IS the big talent drop off in this draft - besides the obvious one after Bedard?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, brilac said:

I know @Odd.! With your sad reaction! It's a sad experience missing now 43 minutes of the Bachelor. And I must tune in tomorrow on Hulu so I can catch it all as it is a must see! 

How do I become a bachelor? Man I’d love to just go on there and troll everyone 

• Haha 1