The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday February 18 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Oh God, poor guy.....After Hours can be excruciating as they try to stay cool/relevant. Good luck, Petey.

Would be a good fit for Bieksa to do that segment. Oak is old and just makes it awkward but not sure if CBC will change that until he retires...that may be soon he isn't that young!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Muttley said:

Wolanin -  Schenn, if it stays this way, could be really good. 

Good balanced pair it seems. Makes sense to give wolanin a few chances as he is a UFA. Career wise he had a good start in Ottawa but hasn't played a lot in the NHL. Last NHL goal was Dec 19 2021 vs washington when he was with the Kings.

• Upvote 1

Canucks are winnning tonight, Philly is a beatable game. Hope Wolanin gets into the lineup and has a good showing as he did well in the pre season yet we had to traded a 2nd to get Stillman and dump Dickinson...Bet we could have dealt Dickinson for Greenway possibly now if he was still on the team, oh well it is what it is!

31 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Will Lockwood is also partcipating in a non-contact grey jersey. The goalies are Arturs Silovs and Collin Delia.

What this tells me is that a Boeser trade is far from certain, especially if he ends up playing vs Philly. 

Edited by guntrix

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't know how much more obvious big changes need to be made? The teams best goals against this month is 4 in a game.

The defence needs to be completely replaced. That includes Hughes. The team needs to worry less about getting scoring from it's forwards. And have in the bottom six forwards that work with the defence on defending.

If OEL is willing to move, take 50% of his salary, and take a 7th round pick and trade him. I'd rather see Woo, Juulsen, Wolanin and Rathbone up here, even for the interm.

They will at least be able to keep up. And won't have the gaffes this team has on defending.

I'm a tanker but moving Hughes is a bridge to far for me. No argument on the d-core. I doubt there are any takers on OEL even at half price. Foote and Goncar might make the call on OEL. If they think they can bring his game around we might see OEL for a couple more years.  Meyers might have interest from some teams. Wolanin was called up. Hope he plays. Rathbone has only played 2 games in Abby since his return from injury. Can't see him in Vancouver this year. 

Tank on! 

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I'm a tanker but moving Hughes is a bridge to far for me. No argument on the d-core. I doubt there are any takers on OEL even at half price. Foote and Goncar might make the call on OEL. If they think they can bring his game around we might see OEL for a couple more years.  Meyers might have interest from some teams. Wolanin was called up. Hope he plays. Rathbone has only played 2 games in Abby since his return from injury. Can't see him in Vancouver this year. 

Tank on! 

I'll clarify. Hughes for the right price. i.e The other team overpays.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'll clarify. Hughes for the right price. i.e The other team overpays.

Like hughes and 1sts for bedard :bigblush:

I think we're like 1-5 when we appear on HNIC this season. I hope they subject the flames to that Oilers homer play by play and leave us with Shorty but if after hours is in van then we may be screwed :(

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't know how much more obvious big changes need to be made? The teams best goals against this month is 4 in a game.

The defence needs to be completely replaced. That includes Hughes. The team needs to worry less about getting scoring from it's forwards. And have in the bottom six forwards that work with the defence on defending.

If OEL is willing to move, take 50% of his salary, and take a 7th round pick and trade him. I'd rather see Woo, Juulsen, Wolanin and Rathbone up here, even for the interm.

They will at least be able to keep up. And won't have the gaffes this team has on defending.

:sadno:

I think it would take giving Islanders 1st plus 50% retention to move OEL ... :(

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Guaranteed win tonight! The tank loses a track this game. Gets stuck in the mud. And sinks. We are going on a winning streak!  

Road games in Nashville, St.Louis and Dallas coming up after this, with a home game against Boston next Saturday, not sure about winning streak