The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday February 18 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Philadelphia Flyers - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

4 minutes ago, Muttley said:

You are a very optimistic and happy person. I wanna see stuff like fights, crushing (but clean) body checks. Blood, guts High tempo hockey. 

I wanna Kill!

I wanna kill, blood, guts, gore, veins in my teeth

I wanna kill

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Muttley said:

You are a very optimistic and happy person. I wanna see stuff like fights, crushing (but clean) body checks. Blood, guts High tempo hockey. 

Ha i like that too but when i accepted the tank my rage decreased and schenn is about the only fighter left, joshua has been a disappointment. Maybe pizzaman?

They can't be bothered poke checking most nights let alone hitting or fighting. Pettey's been gooned for weeks with zero retaliation. 

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
v
  • Huggy Bear 1

I am fine with Canucks starting some of their youngsters to see where they are in their development. Hope they bring up Woo, Klimovich and others as it is a good time to try a few new things.  Almost all the bottom 14 teams are doing the same thing.right now.  The Blues just traded ROR and Tarasenko - they will be in the same process as the Canucks and I do not see them hitting 75 points.  SJ had at least 1 point two nights ago but send three forwards to check 2 Vegas point men leaving one Vegas forward at empty net with 16s and they end up with 0 points

The Canucks are not the only team starting young players or having questionable defensive plays these past few weeks.  The best option to bring up more of these prospects to see what other player options they can consider for the first team next year.

6 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

i hate about 90% of other teams commentators - boston can go die.

can't honestly say I've heard 90% of other teams broadcasters

But I like Loui and Singer

Calgary is pretty meh

Boston are ridiculous

Don't know if Potvin is still in FLA

but I don't carry the hate for all things other team that some feel in necessary to be a canuck fan

I think it would be interesting

Might learn a few cooking / restaurant tips that John G doesn't know

21 minutes ago, AlexBurrows14Yu said:

It is so sad to see “fans” cheering for a loss… outside of Bedard who is good? Just cheer for them to win. We won’t get Bedard. You will all be disappointed by June. They’ll win the Cup before winning the lottery. 

I was cheering for loses and we finally got rid of Green and Benning

then there was the Bruce Bump and Allvinie lost his mind in the summer signing forwards and not D and signing Boeser and Miller for too much, too long and too soon (in Miller's case)

I was cheering for loses and Alvin traded Horvat

If we were a little better Allvin might not have made that move

I cheer for loses because the management isn't smart enough to rid this team of it's dead weight until it is drilled into them that we cannot compete for a bubble spot. A BUBBLE SPOT!

It is incompetent management that keeps me cheering for loses

Bedard would be nice, but he would be a bonus in my opinion

I do kind of wonder from time to time, whether i'll be able to switch it back to cheering for wins, and what that will be like

5 minutes ago, lmm said:

can't honestly say I've heard 90% of other teams broadcasters

But I like Loui and Singer

Calgary is pretty meh

Boston are ridiculous

Don't know if Potvin is still in FLA

but I don't carry the hate for all things other team that some feel in necessary to be a canuck fan

I think it would be interesting

Might learn a few cooking / restaurant tips that John G doesn't know

Singer sucks. His Oiler/mcdavid loving plus lack of prep makes me dislike him. Same feeling for loui. I get that he's endured a lot for his background which is awful but he makes me sleepy. Again i'm a biased shorty fan so its all subjective.

Being in the usa, hulu has both teams up which is good. Weirdly they rarely show sportsnet pregame but they do show the us teams pregame

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Ah yes we get to hear HNIC pump up O’Reilly to no end and explain away his poor stats. :lol:

It's difficult to watch,  not a single thing Orielly can improve in his game according to Kelly :picard:.   It's like they forgot they should be objective observers.  Even Juice drank their kool-aid,  or his own juice was spiked.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, AlexBurrows14Yu said:

It is so sad to see “fans” cheering for a loss… outside of Bedard who is good? Just cheer for them to win. We won’t get Bedard. You will all be disappointed by June. They’ll win the Cup before winning the lottery. 

I am ecstatic with Fantilli or Carlsson as well. Bedard is the golden egg but there's a few other grade A kids available to draft. This year is a total write off anyway.

• Tanks a lot 2