The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday February 23 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ St Louis Blues - 5pm PT/8pm ET - Enterprise Center

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 minute ago, AlexBurrows14Yu said:

We also need goalie that can make saves. Two goals NHL goalie should save. Rookie but  those are basic saves.. maybe not the breakaway one.. 

Silov is 21. He shouldn't even be here. Some people have to lower their expectations out of him. He was never supposed to be here.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Not that I'm saying they're awesome, but refs are individuals, each reg is going to call a game differently, that's just human nature .........it's also how it's been from the first game ever played until now.  When I played Jr, you had to adjust your game according to whichever ref was doing the game.  

Fair enough. But you would hope, considering this is the best league in the world, 

there'd be more consistency and accountability. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Where are there better refs?

IIHF has them - because they adequately rank /rate & vett them before games.

They are vetted by their nationality for international matches & their game/history for important matches involving both teams. 

It’s the exact opposite within the NHL. Some of the “worst” offending officials are the most senior referees. They habitually call the “most” controversial matches AND then inexplicably get “do-overs” to repeat the same nonsense in future re-matches, all over again! 

The league’s BOG president’s team (BOS Bruins) gets the same old-school screw-ups who are banking on post career jobs with the NHLOA or in the league’s head offices, to bring all the bias they can muster to bear upon any game the Bruins suit up for….especially in the play/offs. 

Just now, Bure2Win said:

These guys can't hit the broad side of a barn?

I think we just saw the difference between Boeser's rookie year and the guy we have now...

Perfect spot to shoot from on the PP and he misses the net. I his rookie season that puck is in the back of the net as often as not....

• Vintage 1