The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Avalanche trade Shane Bowers to Bruins for Keith Kinkaid

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Supplementary trades.  Very few large ticket items left on the board right now.  Gonna be another quiet TDL where TSN and Sportsnet spend a full 9 hours trying to make something for nothing.

I miss Bob McKenzie

I'm hoping for some out of left field trades to happen.

Myers, OEL..:bigblush:

Edited by myre
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, myre said:

I'm hoping for some out of left field trades to happen.

Myers, OEL..:bigblush:

Myers and OEL are here till summer. Especially with OEL, teams that would want him, won't tie up that much cap for that long. Any team that would eat part of his cap as a third party, won't do it for that many years.

Myers will be moved after July 1 and much more easily than fans think.

OEL, you have to convince him to waive his NMC before you could even send him to Abbotsford.

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Myers and OEL are here till summer. Especially with OEL, teams that would want him, won't tie up that much cap for that long. Any team that would eat part of his cap as a third party, won't do it for that many years.

OEL, you have to convince him to waive his NMC before you could even send him to Abbotsford.

I feel like sarcasm being missed on here the last couple days..

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Supplementary trades.  Very few large ticket items left on the board right now.  Gonna be another quiet TDL where TSN and Sportsnet spend a full 9 hours trying to make something for nothing.

I miss Bob McKenzie

I dunno, I think there are still a few big ticket guys on the board: Meier, P Kane, JVR, Domi, Barbashev, Athanasiou, Bjugstad, Gavrikov, Klingberg, Chychrun, Ghost, Korpisalo, Lankinen (granted not all of these are BIG tickets, but still plenty of targets for contenders)

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

lol OEL is absolute garbage, not a single team wants him at any price at this stage.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

19 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I miss Bob McKenzie

Bob was the real deal and wasn't biased. 

19 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I agree with this. Once that five million bonus is paid a team will take a chance on Myers as a reclamation project with one year left on his contract.

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

lol OEL is absolute garbage, not a single team wants him at any price at this stage.

So, here's a question for all the OEL haters. 

Is it possible that this is a guy who needs to play in a structured system to be successful? 

As much as I liked coach BB as a personality and wasn't happy with how the Management handled that whole situation, he definitely wasn't the right coach long term for this team. BB did not coach a structured system, which was likely a big part of the failings in Washington in playoffs. Playoffs, you really ou succeed with a structured system and when they bought in, they won the Cup with a coach who built structure. 

So, regardless of how you or anyone else answers this, he doesn't really fit in our cap structure, we are spending to much on the left side. Are we though, seeing a guy who needs structure?

Everyone's needs are different in all aspects of life. I've successfully worked from home office for more than 20 years, but I know plenty of highly skilled, intelligent people who fall apart outside an office environment. 

Just something to consider before writing him off completely. 

As Tocchet establishes a more structured approach, will his game and performance improve again?