The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Feb. 27, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

41 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

No Martin = Less goals

Martin is finding his groove back in the AHL. He's fine as a back up. He just can't handle the load as a starter. And given how our AHL defence seems better than 1/2 our NHL defence. Maybe it's a team issue. I still like Juulsen. He's not flashy, but he's a solid d-man. Wolanin and Juulsen are far better than Stillman.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 2

9 minutes ago, KFan said:

I'll never be a tanker. I always want our team to win and I would hate to see them be so bad that they were at the bottom of the league. Just to get a good draft pick...no thanks. As we've seen with this management team, there are other ways to get good, and even great players. I've said from the start they can't be judged until they have at least a full year behind them. So far I'm impressed with what they've done,  and I believe they'll find a way to get us into major contention even if we don't get a top 5 draft pick. 

Let's face it, this wasn't a great game tonight, but some of the new guys and AHLers showed pretty well, and our great players (Hughes, Demko, Petey, Kuzmenko and Beauvilier) showed us what we have to work with in the future. It was fun to watch.

For a instance, Petey turned out to be the #1 pick in his draft year........granted Bedard is the prize, but even he isn't a guarantee.  A lot of things need to go right for him to be the player people think he's going to be.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You’ve been demoted to potty washer at the tank base. 

I mean I coulda been my normal vitriolic self, but you’re not worthy of it. 

I didn't look who posted it. It doesn't matter. you're all like someone laughed at something you said and so you say the same thing a thousand more times. What's the point? 

I'd hate to work with, play with or share a foxhole with any of you. I can't help thinking you show the same spirit as the insurrectionists across the border, gleefully cheering on something destructive to what the game is all about. 

I'll just check in here for information from now on. 

Enjoy yourselves. 

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

For a instance, Petey turned out to be the #1 pick in his draft year........granted Bedard is the prize, but even he isn't a guarantee.  A lot of things need to go right for him to be the player people think he's going to be.

Are you delusional?

Have you watched his highlights? 

Have you listened to all the pundits?

The guy is going to be a Star... maybe not Connor McDavid, but a Star.

• Cheers 1

What can I say.  

I can't be mad at this win.  Petey, Kuzy, Beau, Podz, Raty, Juulsen, Wolanin all had good games.  The oldest guy there is what, 27?  

1 minute ago, frank einstein said:

I didn't look who posted it. It doesn't matter. you're all like someone laughed at something you said and so you say the same thing a thousand more times. What's the point? 

I'd hate to work with, play with or share a foxhole with any of you. I can't help thinking you show the same spirit as the insurrectionists across the border, gleefully cheering on something destructive to what the game is all about. 

I'll just check in here for information from now on. 

Enjoy yourselves. 

I remember my first beer too. 

Please, continue. 

Don’t let me interrupt your inanity. 

This is gold. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Are you delusional?

Have you watched his highlights? 

Have you listened to all the pundits?

The guy is going to be a Star... maybe not Connor McDavid, but a Star.

I think so too, but he still has to do it.  

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think so too, but he still has to do it.  

Anyway, the chances of the Canucks drafting Bedard are small.

But when you get past him the next 4 are also really high quality.

Remember the year the top three were Mathews/Laine/Dubois?

Well the pundits are saying this year's top five are better.

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

Anyway, the chances of the Canucks drafting Bedard are small.

But when you get past him the next 4 are also really high quality.

Remember the year the top three were Mathews/Laine/Dubois?

Well the pundits are saying this year's top five are better.

Top 5 is outstanding, top ten is excellent.  After that it comes back to reality a little more.  10-20 is pretty open to interpretation, but a bit above average I'd say.