The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Feb. 27, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Exactly but everyone continues to say its fine. How many years of the same thing do we have to go through before people get it. This is what happens when an organization continues to not want to bottom out. They want to remain being competitive and the fans get screwed out of a top pick every year and we remain mediocre. It's not rocket science people. I think we have had enough evidence of how it's not working.

image.gif

Did you see the line up they iced tonight? 

• Cheers 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

2 minutes ago, Doxm said:

I mean they gave up 4 goals... lol

Myers and Boeser were playing for the tank, experienced vets that they are. The young guys didn’t get the message, they still want nhl careers. But yeah,  get it, and I want Bedard too, But it’s hard to keep my eyes on that prize when these guys are trying that hard. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

This year could be the deepest year for draft picks in the top 5...        EVER...

And we are scratching for points even though there is ZERO chance we'll make the post season.

Where is the logic???

We are risking our #1 Stud Goalies injury free return for next season for meaningless points.

I feel your frustration - it seems like it happens every year when they are outside of the playoffs. IMO  It always easier to hunt than to be hunted - little to no pressure than being chased for the last playoff spot.

But don't feel too hard on the team - Dallas, who are a possible "contender" this year, could not beat a team made up of 1/3 prospects says a bit more about them.

If the Canucks continue to win after trading Schenn, Boeser and company etc - then be it. You cannot tell players to lose or not try - should a team do that, you may even lose draft picks. One thing I see though - if other teams underestimate this Canucks roster, they will lose as was probably the case tonight the Stars.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

The tankers need to stop watching the games. Seems weird they would waste 3 hours of their time watching a game they want the Canucks to lose. All they would need to do is look at the boxscore to see who won and lost. Sometimes I just have to shake my head at some people. 

Lawl