The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Feb. 27, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Exactly. 

Some people don’t get it. 

Canucks starting to win late in the season despite being out of it is like a kid who had 2 months to study for the Finals but decided to cram in the last 2 days

Edited by iinatcc
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

Woooooo!!! What a game to attend. Ran into Shorty washing my hands in the men’s room so got a selfie with him and Cheech later lol. Guess the tank can wait  :P

3BCBAD4D-DB4E-41F9-BC0D-C3CEEACAE0A1.jpeg

2AECDA7F-5691-4EDF-8F98-B2FC1CCF1F91.jpeg

E59AE429-2843-42CF-9543-D129724A9375.jpeg

0C2424BA-D584-4AD0-98A7-4F7825B9E702.jpeg

Love your enthusiasm lol.  meeting John and John would be a night to remember for sure!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

We watch it for the same reasons you do mostly. I am very interested in watching the team and how Tocchet is bringing them along. Do you actually think I am cheering each misstep or missed shot? I’ve been a Canuck fan from the beginning. Over 53 years you see a lot of ebb and flows. When the Canucks dropped out of playoff contention I wanted them to tank for the best draft option possible. Almost without fail any team that wins the Cup draft their leaders with #1 picks or close to it. Canucks have never done that in 53 years so why not give it a try. 

I think Allvin was exactly on top of it when he said I don’t see any Cup banners hanging from the ceiling. No there isn’t. A couple of Conference banners and that seems to be enough for many. All the rationalizations can be trotted out why losing is no good. My take is that the team plays the season out. They have the firepower to win their share of games. Tocchet has them going in the right direction. I will still hope that they end up within striking distance of a top 3 pick. 

Good points.  I agree 100%.  At the end of the day, the team has done several things to not be that good.  They held out Demko for almost 3 months, they traded BO (I guess that backfired on them because Beau is doing just as well), they shut down Mikheyev.  They played their AHL goalie for 3 games.  They have several of their AHL players in the lineup today.  Miller is out now so he didn't even play tonight.

So, not sure what the tankers want.  Do they want Tocchet to not play Hughes and Petey?  Sit them on the bench?  At the end of the day, the players want to play, and they want to win.  So do the coaches.  Unfortunately, if you actually want the Canucks to lose then you do have to be happy if Petey misses the net, or if Beau is offside you are happy.  This is because the other team needs to win.  How can you be happy for Kuzy to score that winning goal if you want the team to lose?

• Upvote 1

Was looking like the refs were helping the tank with the missed high stick on Huggy and even more so with the missed elbow on Aman.  How they let Myers get away with the puck over the glass I'll never know. 

Since the tank appears to be stalling, maybe Kuz is the generational player we deserve.  Damn that guy loves to score. Sure hope to see him smile a lot more next year.

For those looking to get the tank back on track, go buy Kuz a banana daiquiri or 8 at the Roxy already.

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Good points.  I agree 100%.  At the end of the day, the team has done several things to not be that good.  They held out Demko for almost 3 months, they traded BO (I guess that backfired on them because Beau is doing just as well), they shut down Mikheyev.  They played their AHL goalie for 3 games.  They have several of their AHL players in the lineup today.  Miller is out now so he didn't even play tonight.

So, not sure what the tankers want.  Do they want Tocchet to not play Hughes and Petey?  Sit them on the bench?  At the end of the day, the players want to play, and they want to win.  So do the coaches.  Unfortunately, if you actually want the Canucks to lose then you do have to be happy if Petey misses the net, or if Beau is offside you are happy.  This is because the other team needs to win.  How can you be happy for Kuzy to score that winning goal if you want the team to lose?

You don’t get it. 

And no, I don't think Kuz is actually generational   I'm tired and can't find the word I was looking to use.

Sure be nice if he is, though. Maybe with all the money he would earn, he could buy the Edmonton Joey's :bigblush:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kragar said:

And no, I don't think Kuz is actually generational   I'm tired and can't find the word I was looking to use.

Sure be nice if he is, though. Maybe with all the money he would earn, he could buy the Edmonton Joey's :bigblush:

Foundational? 

:bigblush:

19 minutes ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

Woooooo!!! What a game to attend. Ran into Shorty washing my hands in the men’s room so got a selfie with him and Cheech later lol. Guess the tank can wait  :P

3BCBAD4D-DB4E-41F9-BC0D-C3CEEACAE0A1.jpeg

2AECDA7F-5691-4EDF-8F98-B2FC1CCF1F91.jpeg

E59AE429-2843-42CF-9543-D129724A9375.jpeg

0C2424BA-D584-4AD0-98A7-4F7825B9E702.jpeg

This post deserves the most ‘likes’ in this whole thread. 

Love it. 

• Thanks 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

This year could be the deepest year for draft picks in the top 5...        EVER...

And we are scratching for points even though there is ZERO chance we'll make the post season.

Where is the logic???

We are risking our #1 Stud Goalies injury free return for next season for meaningless points.

uhm, who are you asking this question to or is it more of venting post?