The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Feb. 27, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The tankers need to stop watching the games. Seems weird they would waste 3 hours of their time watching a game they want the Canucks to lose. All they would need to do is look at the boxscore to see who won and lost. Sometimes I just have to shake my head at some people. 

Well said.

I know what's at stake and don't mind us losing more games than winning these days. But I can never cheer against my team when I'm watching a game, especially when they give everything they have like they did tonight. As the game went on I was telling myself they better win it if it goes to OT, and that's exactly what the team did.

I'm a happy man tonight.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He played how many minutes in the third? I don't see why they aren't playing all their young guys more to see what they got. They already know what they have with Petey, Kuzmenko and Beauvillier.

Ok, go tell them that they should only play 10 minutes per game so we can have a slightly better chance at the top pick in the draft. Personally, I want that, but you're kidding yourself if you think the coach or the players will accept this. The roster is already garbage anyway, and Pettersson is on only around 22 minutes a game, what more do you want?

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Can't sit your best players for being too good. We iced a roster that should have lost. It's all you can do really. 

4 AHL Dmen.  A few AHL forwards too. Demko didn’t really stand on his head either. He let in 4 goals. And we still won. 

Only way we are going to tank properly is to sit Petey, Hughes and Kuzmenko. That’s never gonna happen so people need to realize we aren’t getting a top 4 pick unless we win the lottery. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 2

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. We have Demko, Hughes, Petey and Kuz Missile. And we have character and want to win. 

It's a weird situation to be in. No-man's land. Can't really blame anyone for it either. 

Edit: Except for Benning

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The tankers need to stop watching the games. Seems weird they would waste 3 hours of their time watching a game they want the Canucks to lose. All they would need to do is look at the boxscore to see who won and lost. Sometimes I just have to shake my head at some people. 

I’m on team tank and I watch every game. I’ve watched every game for decades. I enjoy rooting for this team and for it to succeed or improve, however that happens. Shake your head all you want but you’re out of your depth if you think your perspective or loyalty to this club is any more righteous than anyone else’s. 

You do understand and accept it’s any fans right to root for what they want or think is best for this franchise, yeah?

I don’t meant to scold you but perhaps you should be a little less judgemental that way.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

1 minute ago, Jam126 said:

Ok, go tell them that they should only play 10 minutes per game so we can have a slightly better chance at the top pick in the draft. Personally, I want that, but you're kidding yourself if you think the coach or the players will accept this. The roster is already garbage anyway, and Pettersson is on only around 22 minutes a game, what more do you want?

I am saying it would have been nice to see more of the new guys. Why not? What is the worst that can happen?

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

4 AHL Dmen.  A few AHL forwards too. Demko didn’t really stand on his head either. He let in 4 goals. And we still won. 

Only way we are going to tank properly is to sit Petey, Hughes and Kuzmenko. That’s never gonna happen so people need to realize we aren’t getting a top 4 pick unless we win the lottery. 

I also would like to include the fact that Dallas is godawful right now, but whatever...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am saying it would have been nice to see more of the new guys. Why not? What is the worst that can happen?

Sure, that's what I would want too, but if the coaches feel they have to earn their trust to get more ice time, that's just the way it is. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Maybe there isn’t anything to play for but the top talent will still deservingly want their TOI. I’d imagine it’ll be at the onset of the dregs of the season that we’ll see that change a bit more and even more “looks”. Hope so, I’m excited for it 

4 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Well said.

I know what's at stake and don't mind us losing more games than winning these days. But I can never cheer against my team when I'm watching a game, especially when they give everything they have like they did tonight. As the game went on I was telling myself they better win it if it goes to OT, and that's exactly what the team did.

I'm a happy man tonight.

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Trading Demko would be f**king dumb. 

today, yes.  cause he sucked as bad as the rest

• RoughGame 1