The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

Just now, Coconuts said:

Yet..

At all.

This whole thing is probably surrounding Pittsburgh acquiring Chychrun. 

If they can acquire him they’ll send us Pettersson for cheap.

People are proposing all these giant deals that will never happen.

• Cheers 2

Just now, HKSR said:

Depends on whether or not BUF and/or OTT want to unload that much for Chychrun.  They might have the assets, but do they want to pay?

Columbus too

I reckon they're all willing to ante up to a degree, all three are prospect rich prospects who want to take steps forward, Ottawa and Columbus in particular need D upgrades whereas Buffalo has great pieces but looks to be wanting to add

Buffalo and Ottawa are young rosters too, Chychrun'd age fits in well

Just now, DeNiro said:

At all.

We'll see, you're speculating just like us 

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Unbelievably bad management not to trade both Brock and Miller last year. Now we are on the corner begging teams to take them. 

Bad management, yes. Should we have traded them last year? Yes. Are we begging them to take them? No, they're still positive assets that could help any team trying to make a run. 

I wouldn't mind holding onto Boeser if there aren't any attractive deals, not much term on his contract anyways. Probably won't be competitive within his contract's timespan. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

At all.

rachel dratch television GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

At all.

That's what I think too.  It's more about us providing PIT with some currency to flip to ARZ for Chychrun.  A Rathbone or Mcdonough would help with that.

Just now, billabong said:

rachel dratch television GIF by Saturday Night Live

I’d rather be realistic than expect all these big moves to happen. 

It’s funny cause people are gonna be mad after the trade deadline because management didn’t make all these far fetched trades that people proposed.

Go through enough trade deadlines and you stop expecting big moves to happen. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Columbus too

I reckon they're all willing to ante up to a degree, all three are prospect rich prospects who want to take steps forward, Ottawa and Columbus in particular need D upgrades whereas Buffalo has great pieces but looks to be wanting to add

Buffalo and Ottawa are young rosters too, Chychrun'd age fits in well

Buffalo doesn't really need a LHD with Dahlin and Power there.  So I don't see them paying the high price.

Likewise, Ottawa has Chabot or Sanderson.  Not sure if they would pay a high price right now either.

I have NO idea what Columbus is doing, but of those 3 teams, I could see them doing it after losing Gavrikov. 

14 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I bet PIT is looking for pieces from us to flip to ARZ for Chychrun.

Something like:

To VAN:

Pettersson

McGinn

2nd

To PIT:

Garland

Rathbone

Then...

To ARZ:

POJ

Rathbone

1st

To PIT

Chychrun

For PIT, it means:

OUT:  Pettersson, POJ, McGinn, 1st, 2nd

IN:  Chychrun, Garland

This feels like less going to Arizona than what Nashville got for Ekholm.  Edmonton's initial target was Chychrun but price was too high so they had to go another direction.

11 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Contrast heat to cold. Start with a heating pad/hot shower then switch to cold. Minimum 10 degrees difference between the 2 heats, but more is better. Starting with heat, end with cold. Repeat 3ish times as needed. Heat twice as long as cold, so if you heat for a minute, cold for 30 seconds. Continue this for 48 or so hours, then switch to heat full time.

Anti-inflammatory medications are great, but I'd avoid pain killers like Tylenol. Muscle relaxants are fine, but used with caution (don't take them and go work a physical job it increases the risk of injury)

Self massage is also very good. Use your hand to find a sore area then apply pressure while moving the muscle under your hand, not moving your hand. Find a knot in neck/shoulder move neck not hand. 

Treating things like this is what I do for a living on an average day.

Wow, Thank you so much for the tips, You're greatly appreciated! :)

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

This feels like less going to Arizona than what Nashville got for Ekholm.  Edmonton's initial target was Chychrun but price was too high so they had to go another direction.

Maybe, but not by much if anything. 

I'd rather have POJ than Barrie. 

Schaeffer > Rathbone

1st = 1st

4th?  Maybe PIT throws in another prospect or pick.

It really isn't that big of a difference in value.

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

At all.

I had that thought as well.

Otherwise, why does it make sense for them to trade us their Petey for a winger/forward?

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

At all.

Delusion is real around these parts.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Bad management, yes. Should we have traded them last year? Yes. Are we begging them to take them? No, they're still positive assets that could help any team trying to make a run. 

I wouldn't mind holding onto Boeser if there aren't any attractive deals, not much term on his contract anyways. Probably won't be competitive within his contract's timespan. 

No.... no they aren't

Boeser is not a positive asset because he is underperforming on his contract. Especially in the goals department, which is what playoff teams want from him. He is a liability in the neutral and defensive zones. No team sees him as an asset unless we are retaining close to 50% of his contract.

Miller could indeed help a team making a playoff run, however his next contract immediately deflates his "asset" qualities. We can't retain, or else we retain for 7 years. Miller last TDL was a huge asset. Miller + contract is debatable, but I assure you other GM's are not willing to pay to acquire his salary cap hit.

It's better you accept now that these players are not assets for other teams or else you will be sorely disappointed with any return we get, if indeed they are traded.

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Buffalo doesn't really need a LHD with Dahlin and Power there.  So I don't see them paying the high price.

Likewise, Ottawa has Chabot or Sanderson.  Not sure if they would pay a high price right now either.

I have NO idea what Columbus is doing, but of those 3 teams, I could see them doing it after losing Gavrikov. 

I was under the impression Power can play both sides and doesn't Dahlin play RD? Capfriendly has him listed as both but I was pretty sure he's primarily an RD. 

As for Ottawa, perhaps Chychrun or someone else switches sides? Capfriendly has Chychrun listed as being being RD/LD. 

I think Columbus sold Gavrikov to give up assets for Chychrun, def an upgrade for them. They won't give up their own 1st as it's a lottery pick but they could give up LA's plus Sillinger, Cuelemans, Mateychuk, ect. It won't be Jiricek and it's unlikely to be Johnson but they've got prospects for sure. 

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I had that thought as well.

Otherwise, why does it make sense for them to trade us their Petey for a winger/forward?

I mean maybe there’s a slight chance Boeser is involved in this but I really doubt it.

Like we take McGinn and Blueger and they take Boeser with retention and add Pettersson as the sweetener?

But again that would be dependent on them acquiring Chychrun which I don’t see happening. Columbus and Ottawa have interest as well it sounds like.

• Cheers 1