The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Trade Day Edition

Rate this topic

Warhippy

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Let's not forget the Canucks kicked off the TDL flurry with a blockbuster (Horvat). 

OUT

Schenn (33)

Horvat (28)

Lazar (28)

Stillman (24)

Lockwood (24)

IN

Beauvillier (25)

Hronek (25)

Kravtsov (23)

Raty (20)

Bloom (19)

Some picks were also exchanged. 

Canucks got younger, faster and better setup for their future IMO. More to come in the off season. 

It's a major surgery all right. Surgery not finished yet 

D line still needs work, they said it multiple times. Hence the gamble to get Hronek now. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Let's not forget the Canucks kicked off the TDL flurry with a blockbuster (Horvat). 

OUT

Schenn (33)

Horvat (28)

Lazar (28)

Stillman (24)

Lockwood (24)

IN

Beauvillier (25)

Hronek (25)

Kravtsov (23)

Raty (20)

Bloom (19)

Some picks were also exchanged. 

Canucks got younger, faster and better setup for their future IMO. More to come in the off season. 

First step.  Off season to move out a bigger contract or two will be the next needed step.

tweaks roster wise w/ Tocchett getting his philosophy properly in place and im ok with the moves thus far

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yikes. Sorry Patrik, it's only getting worse from here on out.

Teams know you are backed into a corner. 

We are giving up Garland for future considerations and/or Myers + Hoglander to a cap floor team just to stay cap compliant and ice the same roster.

And we will be left again with Boeser and OEL on the team with no cap for major upgrade on defence.

Good job on acquiring Hronek but in doing so, you put yourself in a terrible situation.

If we end up giving up Garland for nothing and trade Myers with Hoglander, Hronek deal really becomes

Hronek

for

NYI 1st, Van 2nd, Hoglander, and Garland.

This is insane more I think about it. I hope this nightmare scenario isn't realized but man it's hard not to think about it as a diehard fan of the team.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I know that everyone wanted big moves made. And I have made my statements about a couple of them very clear.

But at days end, we added a right shooting defenseman. We added a pretty solid left wing player. We added two good prospects, or at least they appear to be promising.

We also added a couple of mid round picks over the next couple seasons.

While we traded no really big names and while we did not shed any significant amount of cap space. We certainly were not inactive as a team over the past two weeks.

I believe we all wanted to see more done, and we are all a little in question or at least semi-supportive of trading with Detroit for a defenseman. It's hard to grade this is anything more than entirely vanilla at best.

Edit **

Possibly the worst thing about this trade deadline day and the build up to it, was knowing everything that needed to be done that wasn't. Hearing management say the exact same things we all were saying and then turn around and do the exact opposite. We spent 10 years almost hearing this from the previous Management group and we have turned around and are doing the same things and hearing the same things while doing contrary things with this new management group.

Hard not to be a little frustrated for sure

Reality is the only thing we can be frustrated about is not offloading carp contracts, and as PA said, he wasn't willing to attach assets to get it done. He now needs to do that in the summer. We get rid of Myers, Boeser, and Garland/Beau, we have lots of cap going fwd, and a good pool of fwd players to fill their roles.

In addition, I found his comments about the structure/coaching they have focused in Abby to be promising; NCAA signs are free players, and have turned out for us in the past.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I thought for sure one of Boeser, Miller or Garand would've been traded today. 

Happy to get Beauvillier, Raty, Kravtsov and Hronek (and a few picks).

It's a patience game. Hopefully the Canucks will now tank a bit more and then we'll see what the lottery says.

With Demko back and the addition of Rhonek, I don't see that happening.

Look for a winning streak to close the season and cement our 12th overall pick.

• There it is 1

51 minutes ago, billabong said:

Why do you fans whine and complain all the time? 

I grade the Canucks TD as a B 

shed cap space for next year - check

bring in some picks - check 

improve the blueline for next year - check 

traded all valued UFA’s - check 

grease a team as a broker for a young player - check 

the better time to deal boeser, garland or Miller is at the draft 

How did they shed cap space for next year???

Add Beau + Hronek + Kratsov + Raty

Gone Bo + Lazar + Stillman + Schenn

Are they counting on Pearson being on LTIR until his contract runs out??

Edited by BPA

Just now, MattWN. said:

With Demko back and the addition of Rhonek, I don't see that happening.

Look for a winning streak to close the season and cement our 12th overall pick.

Yep, see that happening, unless they somehow win a Top 3 :lol: okay, who am I kidding.

If they do get #12, I hope they take a D, call it a day.