The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Get Drance some crow

Rate this topic

Timråfan

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Go for it? Won't change anything though, he's going to keep doing what pays his bills. 

His chosen profession is a dying industry. I'd much rather read what people here have to say than that sad sack of ... has to say. 

• There it is 1

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

His chosen profession is a dying industry. I'd much rather read what people here have to say than that sad sack of ... has to say. 

So you say. 

Bottom line though if if there wasn't an audience or money in it he'd be doing something else. If folks don't like him the best thing they can do is ignore him and move along. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Newsflash,  he doesn't care if he's right or wrong,  only that people like you spread his nonsense everywhere.   Job done.

If it’s like this to be a Canuck I understand why you are so depresswd. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I got a mail with the Athletic new draft edition… Three negative spins regarding the Canucks  tops it.

Two by Drance.

Can we save his quotes and then make him eat crow in public? F6AB5DE0-6CB4-4977-BAC5-1388C57A4804.thumb.png.b5509da91c33fa28bd1556cec8469e84.pngAC361956-D9EA-4A1C-AFC5-630328AE35BC.thumb.png.318897577ad399f2ec90a980be63e51b.pngB364035C-16C6-4FBC-9692-A0D2846ADDF2.thumb.png.52c3476a7f82358fe20bf60f34fb51ac.png

Drance is obviously reading CDC.  FOAHO!

9 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

I really find it baffling why this toxic media is so negative about a team that has been so incredibly successful over the past decade or so.

I don't know what the term is for "even better than a dynasty" but that's us, and we don't deserve this sort of disrespect.

Right! Why would they be negative about a team who went to the Stanley Cup finals just *checks notes* 12 years ago!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2
  • RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

The point of media is to grab attention. Ironically, you making this post is evidence that it works.

If you don't like it, the only real way to stop it is to not engage with it.

Not really, Athletic and Drance doesn’t make more money of their ads when I put a picture here.

I unsubbed from the Athletic 6 months ago and told them the main reason was the poor quality and overly negative clickbait of their main Canucks coverage in T Drance. 

Clearly didn't work - but maybe if we all do the same... 

This franchise deserves a better class of coverage. There are too many clickbaity little blow hards like Drance, Patterson etc who love to rile up the twitter hate crew into creating the toxic environment that the Canucks fanbase is becoming both online and in the rink, and has been for some time. 

I mean there are plenty of reasons to be negative right now sure - This franchise is a total mess. But, for it to move forward I feel the reporting and coverage need the same overhaul, that the scouting, development, management, physio, playing staff and DJ !!! need to get us back to winning ways with direction and a future to be positive about. 

• Like 1