The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Dallas Stars, March 25, 2023 - 4PM PST (7PM EST) - The Revenge Game (maybe)

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

Would Pavel Bure Get Suspended Today if the Mother of all Elbows occurred in the 2023 Playoffs between Dallas and Vancouver  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

Horvat definitely misses on our powerplay. It's 100% perimeter play now. 

Honestly I say we plant Joshua in front of the net. The man can shoot clearly, and has a big body, and can screen point shots. Beauvillier has proven to be a pretty decent tipper too.

Hronek on the left boards isn't a great look so far. I still like Boeser, he does have great hockey IQ and a lot of offence seems to run through him. I'd try either Boeser or Kuzmenko down low, Miller and Petey on both sides, Hughes up top and plan Joshua (or Aman/Beauvillier) in front of the net and watch him wreak havoc.

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Brutal PP. Get Hronek off the side boards, it's absolute trash, he doesn't shoot and isn't quite fitting in. Honestly the best looks are when Petey is controlling the puck in a shooting position, either on the right half-boards or at the point. 

He just joined the team. He needs at least a couple more games before jumping to conclusions on where he should play 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Honestly I say we plant Joshua in front of the net. The man can shoot clearly, and has a big body, and can screen point shots. Beauvillier has proven to be a pretty decent tipper too.

Hronek on the left boards isn't a great look so far. I still like Boeser, he does have great hockey IQ and a lot of offence seems to run through him. I'd try either Boeser or Kuzmenko down low, Miller and Petey on both sides, Hughes up top and plan Joshua (or Aman/Beauvillier) in front of the net and watch him wreak havoc.

I think I suggested that a few games ago actually. Great minds! 

• Cheers 1

5 on 3 need work, they shouldn't play a formation that is like 5 on 4.  They were deploying like they are 1-3-1 .  I think that they should use 3-2 on both side as shooting position, it's more common sense and PK having easier time to pressure if they are using 1-3-1 which doesn't work well on 2-man advantage.  Change up the strategy when it comes to 5 on 3 and shoot more.  Too many passes leading to time wasting without a shot on goal.

28 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Podkolzin really isn't ready for an NHL first line, give him some time in our bottom-6. He's just not quick enough. Meanwhile Beauvillier is rotting on our 3rd line, looks invisible without Petey.

Yip. AB is quick, but also has decent smarts and anticipates well. Nothing against Pods.