The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Evgeny Kuznetsov has reportedly asked for a trade

What if Washington retain some salary on Kuznetsov and give us one of their decent prospects instead? McMichael, Lapierre, Chelsey? 

Kuznetsov (1M retained) + one of those guys for Myers. We get a 3C for the next couple of years and we get a solid young center prospect (or B-grade RD prospect in Chelsey).

I'd be all over Garland + Myers for Kuznetsov + McMichael if we could swing it. Use the extra cap space to sign Graves/Gavrikov and suddenly we have turned our biggest dead cap into a 3C, future top-6 center prospect and a top pairing LD.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

What if Washington retain some salary on Kuznetsov and give us one of their decent prospects instead? McMichael, Lapierre, Chelsey? 

Kuznetsov (1M retained) + one of those guys for Myers. We get a 3C for the next couple of years and we get a solid young center prospect (or B-grade RD prospect in Chelsey).

I'd be all over Garland + Myers for Kuznetsov + McMichael if we could swing it. Use the extra cap space to sign Graves/Gavrikov and suddenly we have turned our biggest dead cap into a 3C, future top-6 center prospect and a top pairing LD.

The Caps won't make a deal like this. They'd be giving up the best player and a prospect.

Kuznetsov will help Ovie in his pursuit of breaking the goals record. Backstrom isn't what he used to be. If they are to move Kuzy, have to think they'd want a similar level C coming back.

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Capitals’ Kuznetsov Trade Request Could Mean Total Rebuild

Capitals’ Kuznetsov Trade Request Could Mean Total Rebuild (msn.com)

Evgeny Kuznetsov has reportedly requested a trade, first asked the Capitals two years ago (russianmachineneverbreaks.com)

According to Russian outlet Match TV, Kuznetsov has requested a trade away from the Washington Capitals through his agent. The request isn’t new, either, with Kuznetsov first asking for the move two years ago.

The article, entitled Kuznetsov has been asking Washington for a trade for two years, was published on Saturday.

I already checked, he is NOT a Dan Milstein client...   :)

Washington is most likely going to rebuild now.  Kuznetsov could still be a very good 2C for a couple of years.  He has 2 years remaining at $7.8 million.  He will be 31 years old.

Not sure what the Capitals would want.  There are multiple ways this could be done.  Moving Beauvillier, Boeser, Garland, Myers.  Of course, the OEL buyout.

I was thinking we could do 3 scoring lines.  And have an all-Russian line with   Podkolzin   Kuznetsov   Kravtsov.

Kuzmenko    Pettersson     Hoglander

Mikheyev      Miller              Boeser

Podkolzin     Kuznetsov      Kravtsov

So we move Beauvillier and Garland to make the cap work.  This way we can keep Hoglander and his contract helps us to be cap compliant.  I would move Garland ++ to Washington and try and move Beauvillier somewhere else.  His stock is alot higher now so we should be able to get a positive return.

I'm just thinking this would be a good way to move Garland's contract, keep Hoglander and then get back to having 3 dynamic scoring lines and using the Miller line as the matchup line...

I think at 7.8 million, declining numbers, minus 19 this season etc, he's probably untradeable unless they are willing to throw something back with him.

He's not the guy we need here, not at 7.8 million. We are better staying the course we are on right now. Focus on youth and insert strategic free agents to round out the lineup.

The Pettersson / Hughes era is just about to start.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Doubtful on Myers, but I bet they'd be interested in Miller.  Without Kuz, they're going to be without a #1 C, and a Backstrome who may never regain his form........Gretzky's record is now their Cup and they need a top line C to get him there.

Miller

Kuz

Iorio

1st 2023

1st 2024

Edited by stawns
  • Upvote 1

Draft age or 20 and younger?  Hard pass doesn't fit the timeline.  28 or over?  Doesn't fit the timeline hard pass.

We need players exactly 24 years 3 months and 17 days or nothing.

In all seriousness though, no to Kuznetsov.  That contract and his age scream this is a mistake.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

The cup is the ultimate goal in the NHL.

He has achieved this, and was a critical piece in doing so. Therefore he is not a loser like you suggest. He is in fact, a winner.

in that one instance. and yet, still a loser in life. weird. 

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

27 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

In the NHL, winning the Cup is the pinnacle. And by all reports, Kuznetsov is enjoying his life......possibly a little too much, mind you. 

I'd be far happier with a team of scrubs that I can respect that go 0-82 every year than a team of coked up losers that win the cup every year. 

• RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Draft age or 20 and younger?  Hard pass doesn't fit the timeline.  28 or over?  Doesn't fit the timeline hard pass.

We need players exactly 24 years 3 months and 17 days or nothing.

In all seriousness though, no to Kuznetsov.  That contract and his age scream this is a mistake.

2 years left.  If they could swap miller for him and a big haul, it would be well worth it, imo.

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

Doubtful on Myers, but I bet they'd be interested in Miller.  Without Kuz, they're going to be without a #1 C, and a Backstrome who may never regain his form........Gretzky's record is now their Cup and they need a top line C to get him there.

Miller

Kuz

Iorio

1st 2023

1st 2024

I’d do that deal. GM Ovechkin might even approve. He wants the goals record. He could care less about the Capitals future. He won them a cup. Maybe the only one they will ever get. He may get his wish. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

in that one instance. and yet, still a loser in life. weird. 

Just now, tas said:

I'd be far happier with a team of scrubs that I can respect that go 0-82 every year than a team of coked up losers that win the cup every year. 

A loser because he's done drugs?

What a heartless mentality you have.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

Enjoy being the Washington Generals with your clear conscience then. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Enjoy being the Washington Generals with your clear conscience then. 

if I can't like a team. why would I want them to win? kesler and torres came close enough to ruining the 2011 team for me as it is.