The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Arizona Coyotes, April 13, 2023, Mullett Arena, 7PM PST (10PM EST), Last Chance at 8th Place Game

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

Will JT Miller Still be a Canucks Next Season?  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Drance actually played the game, he'd understand that some guys can handle big minutes, thrive under big minutes, are physically built for endurance, and are much worse if you shelter them.

It was crystal clear from year one exactly what Quinn Hughes can handle and wants. 

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

9 hours ago, rychicken said:

I may not make it into the thread tonight during game time, so I will say this now

THANK YOU to the Admins and Moderators for all that you do! There can sometimes be heated discussions, etc but this board is the best run message board I have participated in - in any genre; sports, finance and other hobbies I am interested in.

Also THANK YOU to those who create these GDTs. Your efforts to include info, photos and other interesting and pertinent info is appreciated

THANK YOU to Goalie13 for all of your work on the Predict The Score contest!

THANK YOU to all that post (yes, even the ones I have on ignore lol)....I really appreciate learning from, laughing with and lamenting Myers' play with you during the games

THANK YOU to Vintage Canuck,...what else can be said...you are simply the best!

Chat with some of you during the playoffs and off-season...to the others....see you next year. Be well!

Well Done Cheers GIF by Achievement Hunter

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

If Drance actually played the game, he'd understand that some guys can handle big minutes, thrive under big minutes, are physically built for endurance, and are much worse if you shelter them.

It was crystal clear from year one exactly what Quinn Hughes can handle and wants. 

The only sport drance can play is darts

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

There is a really good chance the Canucks will pass Detroit if they win tonight... and compound the exercise in futility which characterised the last 1/4 season of 2023.

Detroit is already losing to Tampa... and if the Canucks win, a tie will see the Canucks ranked higher in the standings.

The fact the Canucks have a good chance of picking 12th is a excellent example of how this management has botched the season not just once, but TWICE for this team.

Not only did they not recruit a decent set of D-men last summer, the key to improving the team's play, they then did not assess and accept the disastrous set of losses which resulted from Demko's injury and the inadequate play of Martin and Delia as replacements.

Instead of realizing this season was a washout, they waited till it was too late to make the playoffs, but early enough to see enough improvement to squander a decent pick, and replaced Boudreau with Tocchet.  The inevitable 'coach's bounce', plus the much better results from Demko's return has raised the team in the standings from the #6 position, where their chance at a really good pick was excellent, to either 11th or 12th, where their chance at any impact player is basically negligible.

The rationale behind this second poor decision was apparently 'team building' and a 'new system', but in fact, it probably was more mundane... the owner wanted fans in the seats.

Waiting another 10 games before firing Boudreau would have made no difference to team building or installation of a new system, there would have been enough games remaining to allow that.  On the other hand, another 10 games of bad results would have firmly cemented the team in the basement and provided a guarantee of a good pick.

For those of us who have been Canucks fans since the late '70's, and who have seen this pattern for quite a while, it becomes very frustrating to watch what management has done for the last 10+ years.

Maybe we will get lucky and win the lottery, maybe some low pick will miraculously blossom, but right now things don't look good.

We have some fine young pieces, but not the totality which is needed to be a real contender.  And if the Canucks start to make the playoffs the next few years, the chance of finding those extra elements needed to put the Canucks over the top are remote.

I rather have a team that grow together and eliminate any thought of tank or loose from their brains.

Remember that a middle team can win over an elite team with better team spirit. 

Loosers alway loose in their mind and in reality. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I agree....so much time and effort put in and we're getting some great information and stories of the game we love.

Cheers to Rocket-68 for such a great piece of work again (like all GDT's he's done).

As a woman, even being in this environment...on a hockey site, can be daunting at times. Sure, as we get familiar we become more confident here but it can be a battle at times. We don't have too many female members from what I gather and it can be hostile territory at times. We have to constantly prove against the puck bunny label and that we're not just here for the eye candy. We love hockey. We share the same interest in sports as our male counterparts. We follow the game closely and try to learn as much as we can about it. This forum has been very good to me for the most part...I'm grateful to be here, in this role. But it doesn't come without some "stuff"...especially behind the scenes. Not that I don't deserve criticism...far from it. My homerism can be annoying I'm sure. I am a bit of a pigheaded stubborn woman who digs her heels in at times. But I stay because there are so many good people here...hockey folks....the best people to know.

I'm feeling blue today....home. Sick again (damn immune system since I had COVID...ran myself ragged last week and now I'm completely depleted). No regrets, saw the last 4 home games in person and got to see it through). Have to miss a fancy gala on the weekend that I've been looking forward to (don't want to spread my germs). Hockey is ending (well at least the meaningful stuff).

But seeing all the good stuff people are posting reminds me that this community is the best. And threads like this GDT (with the amazing OP) are healing.

Happy Abc GIF by Emmys Thank you Deb , as another female on here I couldn’t agree more !!! …. Even though I’ m pretty sure I’m less annoying with my Takes ( jk lol ) :bigblush: :wub: 

Watching hockey and being on here with all of you  is my “ Happy Place” 

reading the end of season appreciation posts is makin me sad so ….

Killer Queen Fun GIF by NETFLIX  One last time

:bigblush:

I would also like to thank all the Mods for all their hard work !   Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

especially Deb with her monitoring ( cussing ) at the Refs and shakin that Cowbell for all of us ::D

take care of yourself my friend , come back stronger and healthier  :wub:

Snoop Dogg Sunset GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

Do you really know this for sure? I do remember Bruce taking part in the recruitment of Kuzmenko, was that one of his meetings? It took Tocchet getting a healthy NHL goalie back to get to his (Tocchet's) current record. Bruce had an injured Demko and two AHL fillers between the pipes until the New Year. That's the only difference in the system that I'm seeing on this team. They're still playing dump and chase, and even on a power play no less. The pk looks no different other than Bo isn't taking faceoffs. They still get into fire drill mode. I still see guys like Myers, Miller, Boeser, and Garland panic and get rid of the puck like a hot grenade. I hope you're right about Tocchet's system beginning next fall, if not, expect more of the same.

Yup. JR did an interview on 650 and he talked about weekly meetings with himself, Bruce, and Allvin where they discussed ways to make us better, including style of play. I think the interview was either just before or soon after the coaching change. 

27 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Yup. Drance is a fool

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, -NucksFan said:

Happy Abc GIF by Emmys Thank you Deb , as another female on here I couldn’t agree more !!! …. Even though I’ m pretty sure I’m less annoying with my Takes ( jk lol ) :bigblush: :wub: 

Watching hockey and being on here with all of you  is my “ Happy Place” 

reading the end of season appreciation posts is makin me sad so ….

Killer Queen Fun GIF by NETFLIX  One last time

:bigblush:

I would also like to thank all the Mods for all their hard work !   Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

especially Deb with her monitoring ( cussing ) at the Refs and shakin that Cowbell for all of us ::D

take care of yourself my friend , come back stronger and healthier  :wub:

Snoop Dogg Sunset GIF

You and your hilarious gifs have made me laugh, every single game, without fail. Cheers to an awesome female fan friend...I'm so glad you're here.