The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SCF] Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Golden Knights win 2023 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Final  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/2023 at 12:00 AM

One of the biggest thefts by the crime partners Bettman and McPhee was stealing both Marchessault and Smith from Florida. Bad decision on the cats part to undervalue both of them so badly, but If that pressured misstep hadn't happened, this series may have gone differently.

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Didn’t Chicago knock out a better team paving the way for the Canucks?  I seem to remember an article something to the effect of the sea parted for Vancouver to get to the finals. 

The Kings did the Canucks a favor for sure by beating Edmonton in the first round.  Chicago...they beat St. Louis and Minnesota.  Minnesota was a good team but I think the Canucks would have beat them that year.

Anyway, Presidents Trophy winning teams play the lowest team available in the standings every round and they rarely get to the final with two losses.

The Canucks had a brawl in Quebec with six games left in the season.  Their coach and others got suspended and the team just turned into something new.  Like when Lincoln Hawk turns his hat around in Over the Top.

7fea625a79b912cffb317e807184b955.gif

The Canucks went 5-0-1 over the last six games of the season heading into the playoffs.  So they were on a 16-2-1 run to the final.

The Canucks did finish second in the Smythe division that season.  Brodeur was 6th in voting for the Vezina for the regular season.  They were a solid team.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Brad Marchand said:

One thing I always appreciate about the Cup celebration is that the media members respect the players and give them space to celebrate. NBA and NFL players have a million cameras shoved in their face the moment the game ends.

The benefit of being on skates. "See ya..."

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You do realize snowbird doesn’t mean flying back and forth right? 

Ah so it’s mostly snowbirds.  Just included the word “tourists” for added flavour.  I understand.

You do you mate!  If you really believe that of their fan base then cheers.  I’m not buying it.  I think it’s just sour grapes.

The only thing good about this playoff was that Bruins, Leafs and Oils didn't win the cup. 

At least cup is still in the west and now pacific div.  The bar is there to measure against. PA and JR got a lot of work to do. The surgery is not even halfway done. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1