The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SCF] Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Golden Knights win 2023 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Final  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/2023 at 12:00 AM

4 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Wow! I cant help but think that these people aren’t happy enough,…nor are they celebrating enough. 

Remember when Team-Canada won  Olympic Gold in Vancouver? The Vancouver Canucks winning the Stanley Cup in VanCity, I honestly expect to surpass the frenzied-jubilation of that! 

Taking it for granted like their expansion favored team

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It might be a problem for the Vegas players winning the Cup. They prefer playing there (like mostly all US cities) because they can live their lives away from the rink in total anonymity. But now that they’re Cup winners they might actually be recognized as celebrities away from the rink. No more quiet, safe lives. It will never be like up here, but I sure hope those players now can’t go out of their houses without being pestered for autographs and photos. Suffer you bas**rds. 

I dont think Doughty is recognized in LA.  Nobody goes to Vegas to catch glimpses of hockey players.  Now they have a football team and baseball team too.

• There it is 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Am I not allowed to discuss things on a discussion board? No? 

Lol you really have bone to pick eh?  

So you want to respond to me but also “couldn’t care less what I think”. 
Makes sense!

2 minutes ago, LucBourdon28 said:

You can't help but feel some jealously/bitterness watching Vegas hoist a Stanley cup and they managed to accomplish it only 6 years.

I don't think Vancouver isn't enticing enough for big-ticket players to sign here. We're small fish in comparison to American cities like Vegas.

Well the taxes definitely doesn't help. But it is mainly how bad we are the past decade. 

Back in 2009-2012, big name players were dying to sign with us. 

Like players have said, Canadian markets are the best when winning and a living hell when losing. 

7 minutes ago, chon derry said:

I remember there was 40 points difference in season games between NYI and van. 

Yep it was David and Goliath.  That Islanders team was insane.  Imagine when your 4th and 5th best forwards (Tonelli and Brent Sutter) are 100 point players.  And that's leaving out Butch Goring who some might say was better, Bob Nystrom, Bob Bourne and Duane Sutter.  That is an absolutely unreal top three lines of forwards.  And then a defenseman who can score 100 points as well.

Meanwhile the Canucks in their entire history had never even had a player score 90 points once.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Bob.Loblaw said:

I dont think Doughty is recognized in LA.  Nobody goes to Vegas to catch glimpses of hockey players.  Now they have a football team and baseball team too.

Have the Raiders done anything since their owner told Marcus Allen to 'hit the road'?

Just now, Baratheon said:

Makes sense!

No it’s just weird you respond then play the why are you responding card. 

I can respond yet still not care what you think my reasoning is. They aren’t mutually exclusive. As it is a discussion board. 

1 minute ago, Baratheon said:

Makes sense!

Called "Canucks boards" get used to it.

Or start drinking beer.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Yep it was David and Goliath.  That Islanders team was insane.  Imagine when your 4th and 5th best forwards (Tonelli and Brent Sutter) are 100 point players.  And that's leaving out Butch Goring who some might say was better, Bob Nystrom, Bob Bourne and Duane Sutter.  That is an absolutely unreal top three lines of forwards.

Meanwhile the Canucks in their entire history had never even had a player score 90 points once.

Many people don't realize that Isles team could play pretty much *any* style.  Skate like the Oilers?  They had players that could do that.  Brawl like the Flyers (it wasn't THAT far removed from the peak of the Broad Street Bullies)?  They could play that way too (Clark Gillies was a legit tough guy/fighter in the heavyweight category).

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Yep it was David and Goliath.  That Islanders team was insane.  Imagine when your 4th and 5th best forwards (Tonelli and Brent Sutter) are 100 point players.  And that's leaving out Butch Goring who some might say was better, Bob Nystrom, Bob Bourne and Duane Sutter.  That is an absolutely unreal top three lines of forwards.

Boudreau’s was close 3 or 4 70+ pt seasons. In the 70s

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Many people don't realize that Isles team could play pretty much *any* style.  Skate like the Oilers?  They had players that could do that.  Brawl like the Flyers (it wasn't THAT far removed from the peak of the Broad Street Bullies)?  They could play that way too (Clark Gillies was a legit tough guy/fighter in the heavyweight category).

I miss that hockey was a better game.

I still love hockey.