The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SCF] Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Golden Knights win 2023 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Final  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/2023 at 12:00 AM

55 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Eichel will dominate and become the only 10 mil (or more) cap hit to win the Cup. Vegas will fly a banner over Buffalo reading, “THANK YOU”. 

nope bobrovsky will dominate and become the only 10mil cap hit to win the cup. people are giving 0 respect to florida and treating them like some massive underdogs.. they won the president's trophy as the best team last season for crying out loud and went thru a massive change tkachuk for hud and weegar on top of a coaching change and they started to gel together at the right now and bob is playing like prime bob. bob vs hill? i take bob any day of the week

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

nope bobrovsky will dominate and become the only 10mil cap hit to win the cup. people are giving 0 respect to florida and treating them like some massive underdogs.. they won the president's trophy as the best team last season for crying out loud and went thru a massive change tkachuk for hud and weegar on top of a coaching change and they started to gel together at the right now and bob is playing like prime bob. bob vs hill? i take bob any day of the week

Sure. Fine by me. Then the Panthers can hire a plane to fly a banner over Calgary reading: THANK YOU. 

• Haha 4

Hope Bob keeps it up but I could see him decide to crap the bed, Vegas' offence is no better than the ones he's already faced. The Panthers forecheck is pretty fierce but Vegas' D are solid and can move it quickly. Meanwhile, Vegas rolls 4 lines which Florida really hasn't had to deal with much of lately so while their top 4 D is golden, their bottom pairing might get exposed. This series will come down to depth and goaltending.

Panthers hopefully take it in 6 thanks to Bob and some 3rd or 4th line winger unsung heros.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

2007 I think Anaheim had a better overall team and won the Cup in only 18 games. 

21 games. 16 wins (duh) and 5 losses. 1 against Minny, 1 against Vancouver, 2 against Detroit and 1 against Ottawa.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Hoping for the Panthers and Luongo to win, but teams on this type of run tend to come up short.

Vegas in six.

not really last time the 8th seed made it to the final they steamrolled everyone and won the cup. the LA kings eliminated the #1 seed the #2 seed and #3 seed before winning the cup. 

Florida eliminated the #1 seed the #2 seed the #4 seed in impressive fashion

9 minutes ago, canuckwings said:

What are the odds for each team? I'm curious if Florida is still being viewed as the underdog vs the friggin mighty golden knights. Florida will probably continue to embrace it. 

Vegas seems to be slight favorites.  -130 or so.

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Cats in 6....they've just got this "team of destiny" thing going on.

Reminiscent of the '93 Habs....

And the '82 Canucks and '91 North Stars...