The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Sean Durzi to Coyotes for 2024 2nd-round pick

Durzi, Valimaki, Moser and Soderstrom just starting out. 

3 young top 4D and one with high potential. 

Not a bad base for a D-core If Yotes keep using their cap wisely they can continue to build up their roster taking quality players off of cap stricken teams.

They have a lot of upcoming high round picks the next 3 seasons and a top 10 prospect pool so they have assets to make some big moves moving forward.   

Seeing what players are going for in trade makes sense why we bought our OEL and haven’t been able to move on a winger. 

Bodes well for our ability to find a D via trade.

Although if I were Allvin I’d be calling Dubas to take Granlund full freight with the 14OA attached for a 3rd.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yup, that's why the teams that are in major cap hell this offseason (Bruins, Flames, etc) are gonna get absolutely fleeced when they make their trades to dump cap.  

Blues and Bruins are both looking to offload top 4 D. Who’s the best target? Forbort? Leddy?

1 minute ago, Kenny Powers said:

Blues and Bruins are both looking to offload top 4 D. Who’s the best target? Forbort? Leddy?

If we want to fleece a team, it'd be the Bruins.  Forbort could probably be had for next to nothing if that's the guy we want.  

St Louis is not in a major cap crunch, but let's see what happens with that Hayes deal...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

If we want to fleece a team, it'd be the Bruins.  Forbort could probably be had for next to nothing if that's the guy we want.  

St Louis is not in a major cap crunch, but let's see what happens with that Hayes deal...

Drance has me sold on Forbort. I really wouldn’t mind getting him AND Soucy if we can’t land a RD.

Lots of opportunity to really rebuild the D into a much tougher group - but that can still play.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I wonder if the Blues want both Hayes and Konecny. Cap could work if some retention was there and/or if the Blues sent Saad + D back. 

2 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Drance has me sold on Forbort. I really wouldn’t mind getting him AND Soucy if we can’t land a RD.

Lots of opportunity to really rebuild the D into a much tougher group - but that can still play.

What’s the pitch on Forbort? Sell me! Lol

agree on Soucy, who can apparently play the right side as well

• Cheers 1

Just now, Kenny Powers said:

What’s your limit? $3.5M?

Probably closer to 3M but preferably under. Don’t get me wrong he is a great 3rd pair D on most playoff teams. He is a guy I am weary about because of that. 

If he asks for more we might as well try to swing with one of the top 4 D or try to get one via trade. 

A guy like Schenn is IMO just as good and could be had cheaper than Soucy. Even if he’s older. 

Would be nice to clear some more cap so we have more for the bottom 6 forwards. At this point we can only address one of them really well or both of them minimally. 

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

At this point we can only address one of them really well or both of them minimally. 

Truth. 

IMHO Ideal would be $3M shutdown LD, $1.5M complimentary RD, $2.5M 3C.

Maybe Forbort, Schenn, Kampf…

2 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

What’s the pitch on Forbort? Sell me! Lol

agree on Soucy, who can apparently play the right side as well

It’s nothing crazy, just a 1 x 3 mil commitment for a big body (6’4 210) defensive-defenceman LD - who had the 2nd highest TOI on their PK a few seconds behind Carlo.  

Shouldn’t cost anything to pick up, either.  

I think they might need to exhaust splashier acquisitions first but it’s just a nice easy piece that makes a lot of sense.  Probably more of a bottom pairing guy but could play with Hronek in a pinch.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Love Forbort reliable heavy hitter that will be relatively inexpensive too, 6'4, 208 solid dude. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Truth. 

IMHO Ideal would be $3M shutdown LD, $1.5M complimentary RD, $2.5M 3C.

Maybe Forbort, Schenn, Kampf…

Short term deals are key too. 

Would rather have them expire in 1-2 years than more. 

OEL penalty increases in a couple years and cap could be high or could just flatten out for a bit in two years after next years increase. 

By then we could have some prospects ready for the jump permanently which would be nice because of their cheaper deals. 

Worst case scenario is that the cap does go up a lot and we have more to work with in two years.

Gotta prepare for anything. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

That's a heck of a deal for Arizona.. how much better is Hronek then Durzi? Similar age, size, position. Durzi was better in advanced stats but on a much better team. Is Hronek a top 20 pick better?

significantly, imo

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

That's a heck of a deal for Arizona.. how much better is Hronek then Durzi? Similar age, size, position. Durzi was better in advanced stats but on a much better team. Is Hronek a top 20 pick better?

Quite a bit imo

Durzi was LA's #5D at evens both in the regular season & playoffs. Great profile but I don't think we're missing a golden ticket here. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Pears said:

Shockingly low price for a guy like Durzi. Really nice bit of business from Arizona. 

I agree 2nd rounder for Durzi is a great deal for Arizona...Durzi - 6'0 - 24 RD - solid # 3 D man 

Durzi  -2022-23 GP 72 - G 9 - PTS - 38----       We paid 1st and 2nd for Hronek 25 RD

• Vintage 1