The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] ‘Tis the Dog Days of Summer, Are we Thinging Before Training Camp?

Rate this topic

AngryElf

10 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

@qwijibo what are the chances Montreal would be open to trading Dvorak? What would the acquisition cost look like?

He’s certainly not on the list of untouchables. That said it would need to be a deal that makes sense for Montreal. They don’t have cap issues atm so you can’t view him as a player they’re looking to dump.  He’s probably their best faceoff guy and hes reliable defensively. He actually fits well as their 3C. 

That said with the acquisition of Newhook and the possibility of Beck pushing for a spot they may be willing to move him.  Montreal has a ton of NHL ready wingers and left shot d so I think they’d be looking for a decent right shot D prospect (unlikely) or a couple draft picks. I’m thinking a couple 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd would get it done. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He’s certainly not on the list of untouchables. That said it would need to be a deal that makes sense for Montreal. They don’t have cap issues atm so you can’t view him as a player they’re looking to dump.  He’s probably their best faceoff guy and hes reliable defensively. He actually fits well as their 3C. 

That said with the acquisition of Newhook and the possibility of Beck pushing for a spot they may be willing to move him.  Montreal has a ton of NHL ready wingers and left shot d so I think they’d be looking for a decent right shot D prospect (unlikely) or a couple draft picks. I’m thinking a couple 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd would get it done. 

just sign E rod

He had no idea he's talking to Kyle Davidson.

Some behind the scenes as posted on twitter by Daugherty:

Ok, just some behind the scenes. Here’s how it went down. @SCSNSH and I are walking all around asking for people to talk to us about the draft. I see him and ask if he wants to talk to us, he says “no thanks” and walks away.

Then 5 mins later he comes back. “Hey actually I can talk to you guys” We say sure, start rolling, and that’s the video you see.

At the end, as he shakes my hand and *immediately after we stop recording* he says “I’ll be making the first pick actually, I’m Kyle Davidson” You could have knocked me over with a feather, as they say.

Edited by mll
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

So it sounds like they'd be looking for things Vancouver probably can't/won't offer. Dam, I was thinking he'd be just about a perfect fit for Van's 3C spot. Thanks for the response though.

16 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

So it sounds like they'd be looking for things Vancouver probably can't/won't offer. Dam, I was thinking he'd be just about a perfect fit for Van's 3C spot. Thanks for the response though.

In general I think Montreal and Vancouver are bad trading partners right now. They’re both rebuilding and have similar holes in the lineup. Vancouver has a couple young pieces in a Hughes and  Pettersson  that really stand out. Montreal doesn’t have those superstars as of yet but they have far better prospect depth 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mll said:

Colorado - JT Compher:

I would love to bring in Compher, but he's likely going to be looking for low-end 2C money which we can't afford unless we send out a bunch of money with/for picks today which I unfortunately don't see happening. 

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Man the Avs are doing things left and right. 
Making nice moves to build up their forwards a bit. 
Wonder if RyJo gets rejuvenated with a healthy ankle.

Sakic, he's good. If I played poker against him I'd probably end up homeless.