The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] ‘Tis the Dog Days of Summer, Are we Thinging Before Training Camp?

Rate this topic

AngryElf

SJS likely wants Myers for Future Considerations so they can sell him at the TDL for a 2nd. Canucks management actually wants assets in return for our players so no wonder the trade hasn't gone down. Either that or the Canucks are waiting to see who they can sign July 1, and if they can get the D they like. Once that is sorted out I could see them executing this trade. 

• There it is 1

5 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

God no, we paying a sweetener to move Myers to SJ aren't we. There is no reason why SJ would want or need Myers otherwise.

Isn't SJS trying to move LaBanc?  Might just be a player swap. 

There's another thread open saying that SJS are discussing Petry.  If that deal goes down - they might no longer have interest in Myers.  

9 hours ago, Citizen Erased said:

As long as he isn’t given Chaos Giraffe money.

I haven’t watched him a ton, but he seems much like Myers in his decision making.

Again, I haven’t watched him a ton, but people say he is physical. He has fewer hits/g than Myers, who I personally don’t consider someone who really lays the body often. Does he have a more physical presence beyond hits? He’s been in a few fights, but not a ton.

A bit slow to process and doesn’t move as fluid as I’d like. He also doesn’t have a ton of blocks, and his takeaways are poor. If we can get him for under $1M, it’s probably worth a flyer. Not sure I think there’s a ton there.

8 minutes ago, Lewlowned said:

I haven’t watched him a ton, but he seems much like Myers in his decision making.

Again, I haven’t watched him a ton, but people say he is physical. He has fewer hits/g than Myers, who I personally don’t consider someone who really lays the body often. Does he have a more physical presence beyond hits? He’s been in a few fights, but not a ton.

A bit slow to process and doesn’t move as fluid as I’d like. He also doesn’t have a ton of blocks, and his takeaways are poor. If we can get him for under $1M, it’s probably worth a flyer. Not sure I think there’s a ton there.

That's a lot of information for us to weigh out.

• Haha 1

Just now, coryberg said:

I'm still crying about not taking Benson :(

Ehh. I’m fine with the pick. I worry it was positional rather than BPA but Willander is still a good prospect. Nothing to do now but hope he turns into a Norris winner, the die is cast. 

We won’t be able to judge the pick fairly until several years from anyway, so crying about it just feels pointless.

45 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Here's a flashback....

Alexandre Mallet

Anton Rodin

Yann Sauve

Taylor Ellington

Marc-Andre Bernier

Kirill Koltsov

Denis Grot

I miss those glory days

To be fair, the chances of a 2nd round pick making an impact in the NHL (100+ game career) is about 30%. Also to be fair, Kirill Koltsov I believe had a good career in Russia once he bolted back there and Yann Sauve did get hit by a car.

I never understood the Mallet pick, Gillis could have had him in the 7th round if he wanted.