The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] ‘Tis the Dog Days of Summer, Are we Thinging Before Training Camp?

Rate this topic

AngryElf

38 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Whatever - you still haven't pointed out where I said that retention can only happen once.  :rolleyes:

Gentleman, "we are all canucks" lol, the only thing that matters is that my trade works and we could get Karlsson at close 5m per. Im sure Karlsson has a lot to teach some of our younger guys including Hughes. 

27 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

With the current climate I think the big hope is that we can snag a UFA on a 1 year show me contract.  

If Matt Dumba, for example, wants to prove he’s still got game who better to showcase with than Quinn Hughes?

Could be some win-win opportunities out there.  Not sure who’d want their head caved in showcasing as our 3C though.  Maybe someone who wants to retire but their wife keeps bugging them to make money.:lol:

I'm fascinated to see what Dumba gets. He was a healthy scratch at times for Minnesota but isnt old & has been a good player w/ good pedigree. 

Could see him getting a decent deal or a show me deal, no idea what to expect. 

22 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Ryan O'Reilly or Matt Duchene would do just fine. 

;)

Also wonder where ROR comes in, wasn't having the best year but finished really strong in Toronto. Ended up finishing at a 26g / 46pt pace for the season & 9 pts in 11 playoffs games. 

I imagine he'll command a good AAV depending on the term.

If we can move Myers I'd be fine with 5+ x 2yrs, then we'd still have money to look at D's like Mayfield / Soucy / Cole 

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

I’d still prefer Graves but I wouldn’t hate Soucy and Cole. 

Word is he wants to play in the US.

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I wonder if we are intending to sign Cal Foote or if the target is more obscure/out of box option like an Andrej Sustr for depth? 

Apparently some rumour still going around that were about to sign a large (tall) Dman…

Sjs recently traded for Sustr, he's also 33 and not an ideal fix.

I'm confident he's re-signed in sjs

7 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Sjs recently traded for Sustr, he's also 33 and not an ideal fix.

I'm confident he's re-signed in sjs

I doubt it too but he is UFA tomorrow.
Was signed to a 1 year deal for 750K last season. Might be some veteran presence Abby depth. I’m just curious who this rumour was about…

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Devron said:

Only hours away before we don’t have to hear about Miller trade talks again buddy 

On 6/24/2023 at 3:03 PM, timberz21 said:

image.gif.4e0766a9938515d712aa3ea0ce420e64.gif

Don’t you worry, CDC will come up with a billion reasons why he would waive his NTC/NMC…

- He’s a Pittsburgh boy

- Who wouldn’t want to play in LA

- Would make more money playing in tax-friendly state of Florida

- His wife’s great great half-step-uncle from a third marriage is from Nashville, therefore…

- bla bla bla

• Haha 3

Sooooo, if we somehow end up with our top line consisting of QH and FH, what do we nickname it? 

The bad date line?

The creepy drunk uncle line?

The touchy feely line?

Huggy and Horny as a pair is quite the combo. Could sub in (Rath)Boner too for consistency.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Imagine wanting to trade a guy who is at 1.06 PPG over the last 4 years, is 55% in the faceoff circle over the last 4 years, is a key element on the PP, kills penalties, had 200 hits last year, and plays the most important forward position.  On top of all of that, he might even be our captain next year...

IMHO, trading JTM for any less of a player at 2C shows a lack of urgency to capitalize on the prime years of Quinn & Petey.

• Like 1
  • There it is 2

13 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

IMHO, trading JTM for any less of a player at 2C shows a lack of urgency to capitalize on the prime years of Quinn & Petey.

or trading Miller for picks and cap space to sign an over priced, over valued, smaller, lesser player(s) in free agency, thats my favorite:rolleyes:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

or trading Miller for picks and cap space to sign an over priced, over valued, smaller, lesser player(s) in free agency, thats my favorite:rolleyes:

Trailer Park Boys GIF by hero0fwar

Canucks looking at free agents on July 1st every year.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

If I'm the Canucks one of my first calls tommorrow is to Michael McLeod's camp.

Big fast right hand C that PKs, & young enough to fit with this core moving forward. It's checks alot of boxes.

Also Christian Fischer in Arizona is another guy too that has those attributes & Tocchet knows him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Big fast right hand C that PKs, & young enough to fit with this core moving forward. It's checks alot of boxes.

Also Christian Fischer in Arizona is another guy too that has those attributes & Tocchet knows him.

He was part of the Hockey Canada Investigation. Last I read was the investigation is complete, and sanctions were forthcoming… but players involved weren’t identified.

Unsure how that potentially impacts his playing career…

11 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yep Mcleod, Comtois, Geekie, Asplund etc., are all guys we should show strong interest in.